Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Thankfully mines fixed for 4 more years

Darran

Mine too! 1.09 fixed for 5 years 😎

deeege

If you buy a property now you’ll be in negative equity for the next 10 years

Ridiculous statement as usual Nigel.

It would depend on what deposit was put down and what happens to property prices, non of which you or I know the answer to.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

Lol house prices will drop its inevitable people will be either losing their houses or selling them if you have property I wouldn’t think you’ll have any trouble in finding someone to rent.
There’s so many people living 3 months to 3 months if not less what with the higher cost of living they won’t be able to stay in the same place,I’m seeing boards going up all over the place in preparation.

NWH

No one knows the answer it’s all speculation it’s no different to trading stocks and shares they look at what’s going on in the world and take a calculated risk on an investment,house prices will fall in a situation we are in for the next however many years what do you think people are thinking now is the time to buy a house it’s a good investment or buy a flat and rent it out lol,couldn’t be a worse time unless you just want a return on money that’s getting nothing in the bank and won’t want or need to sell it for quiet a few years.

deeege

You’ve just wrote 2 separate posts contradicting each other, make your mind up.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

They are both  relevant the wealthy make from the times ahead because they can sit on depreciating assets for longer than other people,they love a recession it drives down house prices waiting to be snapped up.
Who in their right mind at the moment would buy a property to rent out,that ship sailed 12-13 years ago when property in the south was 1/2 of what it is now.

KS Cleaning

Darran
Now is the time to get overpaying then😉

KS Cleaning

Darran

Mine too! 1.09 fixed for 5 years 😎
Get all your spare cash on that😉

deeege

They are both  relevant the wealthy make from the times ahead because they can sit on depreciating assets for longer than other people,they love a recession it drives down house prices waiting to be snapped up.
Who in their right mind at the moment would buy a property to rent out,that ship sailed 12-13 years ago when property in the south was 1/2 of what it is now.

Plenty of people still buying properties to rent out. You do know it’s possible to purchase a property and add value to it don’t you?  Still booming in the north although it’s slowed down recently.

dd

One thing that keeps prices high is the shortage of properties, especially for first time buyers. As this will likely continue house prices will probably not fall too drastically for the foreseeable future (this excludes luxury type houses/mansions)

NWH

House prices in the North couldn’t be more drastically different you can buy a 4-5 bed detached house in Yorkshire for 450-500,000,south of the Dartford tunnel you’d need 3 times that for the same property.
You could move North from South but you trying doing the opposite.

Splash & dash

You do spout some nonsense renting out properties is a good earner do it right and the rental money pays the mortgage and still gives you a reasonable amount of money each month , and the properties continues to rise in price , negative equity is very unlikely especially in the long run , it’s the best possible way to invest any money that you have , I have never known anyone loose money if you do it right ,.

NWH

The thing is at the moment and in the not to distant future they won’t be rising if you can sit on a depreciating asset for the next 10 years good on ya,I know people that do it for a living and it comes with lots of hassle some think buy a place stick someone in it happy days,if only especially if there’s no rainy day money.

Splash & dash

The thing is at the moment and in the not to distant future they won’t be rising if you can sit on a depreciating asset for the next 10 years good on ya,I know people that do it for a living and it comes with lots of hassle some think buy a place stick someone in it happy days,if only especially if there’s no rainy day money.

Trust me you don’t know what you are talking about ,I have several investment properties all bring in a very good return and all are paid for , it’s the safest way to invest any capital that you might have .

EandM

Inheritance Tax seems to be a current and increasingly problematic issue.

The average house price is now £16k above the IHT threshold and it doesn't help that the limit has been frozen until 2026.

Out here in the fields, we're going to have to get creative if we want anything left to pass on to the next generation.

Splash & dash

The average house price is now £16k above the IHT threshold and it doesn't help that the limit has been frozen until 2026.

Out here in the fields, we're going to have to get creative if we want anything left to pass on to the next generation.

Get a good solicitor on to it  set up a trust fund that’s one way around it

windowswashed

My house has more than quadrupled since I bought it, my nephews don't stand a chance unless they make a name for themselves or come into inheritance.
Housing prices in Devon are ridiculous and wages are very low in all but the affluent areas.
Devon may be a  tourist's destination but the locals are struggling to find affordable  housing since covid and landlords selling up , hence why the tourism industry is struggling to fill vacancies, nobody can afford to take these jobs any longer, doesn't pay the rent and they are better off financially  on benefits.

Stoots

I know when I bought one last year the market was crazy, we made an offer on 3 or 4 and they all went for way above asking price. We ended up paying 10k over asking for the one we got. It doesn't bother me much just happy to have a mortgage I know lots will be stuck in the rental trap for ever.

EandM

Get a good solicitor on to it  set up a trust fund that’s one way around it

We're on it, thanks.

My parents have been in the same house for over 50 years and I like to go back and live there with my kids for another 50 years.

Their house has now increased in value by 300 x the original purchase price.
The irony is we moved down from the South East to Devon because it was cheap!
It's not anything grand but it's just in a nice spot.

I only paid about £60k for my my house 25 years ago and it's now up around the national average.
It's going to be incredibly difficult for the kids to be able to afford anywhere so I'm just trying to set something that allows them to stay in the area or at least give them some options.

jo5hm4n

Dean,

Feel free to pop me an email.  I'm currently working with 3+ Window cleaning companies 1 of which is already doing £1m+ per year and the other 2 that are almost at that level.  Who knows maybe i can ask if they would be willing to have a 1on1 chat to offer advice.

You are better off speaking to the people who are already at the level you want to be aiming for, rather than getting advice off alot of smaller cleaners etc.

Anyway, drop me an email if you feel like it.  Cheers - info@windowcleaningleadgeneration.co.uk