This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Re: I'm thinking about becoming a millionaire through window cleaning......
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 11:04:57 am »
do you think if you become a millionaire dean you ll be happier?

and have a better quality of life day to day?

also when your lying on your deathbed do you think you ll be wishing you would have worked harder and worked more weekends and longer hours?

Would I be happier if I was a millionaire? Yes

Would I have a better quality of life day to day if I was a millionaire? Yes

Would I be wishing I'd worked more weekends on my death bed? Probably not.

2 out of 3 isn't bad is it??
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 11:36:26 am »
A couple of people have mentioned investing in property is the way to make money...

It's also very high risk - when the current housing bubble bursts there will be a lot of people owing money (or in negative equity) when they thought they would be making it!

Wait for the bubble to burst then if you have any money to invest do it then.

;)
[/quote

One just has to be sensible and not pay some of the rediculus prices that's been offered at present , only buy if its a good deal and you are making at least 40% profit on your morgage , the mayjor problem with what you are saying is some people buy anything and calculate they will be breaking even then they base it all on speculation hoping the price will go up , never speculate always look at whats on the table now
Also its not a Get rich fast scheme you have to think of it more as security and a top up to your income and can grant you some extra financial freedom which will aid you in your profesinal life ,

But certainly don't just buy anything a property is only a liability if its not profitable and you are right prices will fall so only buy something if its a good deal at present just don't speculate prices could also stay stagnant for a long time no body knows so only proceed if its a good deal present

Dave Mills

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 12:50:09 pm »
Clean k e million Windows fir one pound each and, voila! Millionaire status.
Just don't spend any money on anything whatsoever.

No, clean one window for a million pounds. Much easier.

andyM

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 12:53:55 pm »
Clean k e million Windows fir one pound each and, voila! Millionaire status.
Just don't spend any money on anything whatsoever.

No, clean one window for a million pounds. Much easier.

The only catch is that it's the living room window of the International Space Station.  >:( 
One of the Plebs

elite mike

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2014, 01:00:26 pm »
i know of a few bullpoop millionaires locally ;)

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 01:32:30 pm »
Dean never mentioned becoming a millionaire in a YEAR in his original post so he does not need to rush.
You can work smarter not harder and become a stress free millionaire through your window cleaning business.

Dean I believe through your posts on here that you love your weekend time spent with your family. I bet you would like these weekends to be spent with a clearer mind. Not worrying about the next weeks work load or whether or not lads are going to turn up for work.

I would suggest talking with Ian Lancaster or taking a look at his system, if you have not already done so.

Someone has mentioned in the above posts that purchasing a couple of rental properties would bring you in around £10000 a year in profit and you could then concentrate on better customers (not suggesting you have poor customers). Why not have 2 franchised vans running at around £3000 worth of work cleaned every 4 weeks, this will bring you in over £15000 in profit per year WITHOUT the stresses of employing and of the property management game. A friend of mine is a millionaire through property, his serious advice to me is stick with cleaning windows. He inherited his property portfolio and it has given him headaches since day 1!!

I mentioned having 2 vans, why not 20,30,40. (FISH from America springs to mind)

Anyway enough of all this 'RICH' talk, IMO, I would rather be wealthy than rich. If you dont know the difference please study the subject, it will amaze you.

Hope this helps.

robbo333

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 02:11:08 pm »
Build up a round of good compact work, with regular paying custies. Make sure you've cleaned it more than twice and it's worth about £5,000 a month.
Then put it up for sale at 200 times the monthly value! £1 million squid  ;D
Obviously you'll need to introduce the new windie to all the custies.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

jk999

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 02:24:29 pm »
Buy a lottery ticket and keep your fingers crossed lol

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2014, 02:25:43 pm »
Study the life story of Scott Young (of SYR cleaning - stands for Scott Young Research).  He introduced the squeegee into the UK - had one H... of a difficult time persuading the leather and scrim boys to change but went on to become a multi-millionnaire.  I don't know if he's still alive but I saw him at a Window Cleaning show several years ago.

He still insisted that if people asked him what he did he was a WINDOW CLEANER.

As I recall he had a glamorous young wife - probably isn't still with us ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 05:26:43 pm »
life is not all about money no matter what you say ;D

Ortsa

A couple of people have mentioned investing in property is the way to make money...

It's also very high risk - when the current housing bubble bursts there will be a lot of people owing money (or in negative equity) when they thought they would be making it!

;)

it's gonna burst anytime now!

Spruce

;)

;D

I realised this was old when I saw the second poster, David Kent.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ascjim

Stop thinking of doing it through window cleaning & put your energy/focus into something else ;)

Agreed, there are much better ways to do then through window cleaning.

dd

As the topic is 8 years old Dean has probably become a millionaire by now - assuming he stuck to cleaning windows.

deeege

As the topic is 8 years old Dean has probably become a millionaire by now - assuming he stuck to cleaning windows.

I doubt it, he sold all his work off and went working for one of the nationals.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Smudger

if I remember correctly - it was JV Price

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

windowswashed

Two friends my own age got into property development when they left school and started from scratch. They both have over a dozen properties they rent out and all paid for, retired and semi retired, that's the best way to do it, beats window cleaning for less effort.

windowswashed

;)

When I took out a mortgage on my own interest rates were at 6-8%, they're only at 1.25% now. think they got it hard now, give them a couple years and they'll be struggling with interest rates up around 3% with the rate it's going. They really don't budget for inflation and interest rates and those with a mortgage really need to budget and possibly change jobs if need be as I kept changing jobs to pay mortgage on my own.

Smudger

Thankfully mines fixed for 4 more years

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NWH

If you buy a property now you’ll be in negative equity for the next 10 years so those that really can’t afford to weather the storm will be buggered,ok if you rent out properties and you can sit on it but on the whole whatever portfolio anyone had will be going down in price.