This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Izusu Rodeo Denver
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:18:09 pm »
Anybody use these for work what size tank do you fit in yours pls

delboy

Re: Izusu Rodeo Denver
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:55:42 pm »
Hi chris,i would definitely recommend a pick up for wfp cleaning.I changed from a Vauxhall vivaro to a nissan navara over a year ago and its so so much better.walk to the pick up bed pull out your hose and away you go,everything at waist height and ready to go.I only have a 250ltr tank in mine but all my work is very close to home,so I can fill up again when necessary

a900

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:41:29 pm »
I got a navara 2 and I'm using a 350l upright. My reel slots into the tale gate. No lifting hose reel in and out of cab like I used to.

EandM

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:33:49 am »
Ranger 2 SuperCab - ideal

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 05:39:47 am »
Anybody use these for work what size tank do you fit in yours pls

Without knowing the load bed dimensions not sure , But i would think you would be able to get a 400ltr tank in no problem and most probably a 600ltr tank .

As for reliability etc they are a good all round truck a custy/friend of mine has one with over 71,000 miles on the clock and has had no major problems , The only problem he had was the electronic transmission broke but was not to expensive to fix . Their are loads of farmers that use them in the Lake district . Mike

Simon Mess

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 10:14:01 am »
The problem with double cab pickups, is not so much the payload, which would probably be fine with 500l, it is the weight distribution, and specifically the rear axle weight limit. With a double cab pickup, all the weight is going to be over the rear axle, so you would prob have to go with a smaller tank than the payload would suggest, to keep it legal. With a standard cab pickup, the tank would be further forward, so the weight would be spread between the axles.

EandM

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 11:38:05 am »
The problem with double cab pickups, is not so much the payload, which would probably be fine with 500l, it is the weight distribution, and specifically the rear axle weight limit. With a double cab pickup, all the weight is going to be over the rear axle, so you would prob have to go with a smaller tank than the payload would suggest, to keep it legal. With a standard cab pickup, the tank would be further forward, so the weight would be spread between the axles.

You have a point with the double cab. Typical bed length is only around 5 feet. My Ranger SuperCab and the L200 Club cab are around six feet and with a 400 litre tank the weight is much nearer the middle.
The rear leaf springs are rated at around one tonne so I doubt you'd have many issues unless you fitted a very large tank and the overall weight of the vehicle at around 1,800 kg means that the proportional tank weight isn't that much when compared to a smaller van installation.

a900

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 02:49:08 pm »
I would think that most double cabs are similar to mine. Without weight its very light at the rear end.  :)

I think the suspension looks more normal (as in back not right in the air) and settled with some weight in.

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 06:14:08 am »

You have a point with the double cab. Typical bed length is only around 5 feet. My Ranger SuperCab and the L200 Club cab are around six feet and with a 400 litre tank the weight is much nearer the middle.
The rear leaf springs are rated at around one tonne so I doubt you'd have many issues unless you fitted a very large tank and the overall weight of the vehicle at around 1,800 kg means that the proportional tank weight isn't that much when compared to a smaller van installation.

Could not have said it any better , One thing to add is they are built to carry weight and be abused i dont believe i van could take the same punishment . Mike

EandM

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 08:26:09 am »
Same thought as Mike.
At 1000 - 1200 kg the pickups, even with a 600 litre tank, aren't running at anything like their full potential so durability is extremely high.
My Ranger is pre-common rail so less powerful than Mike's L200 but copes well with lower gearing.
Add in the advantage that waterproofing isn't necessary because they're designed to get wet, ease of working access to all the gear in the back, the ability to carry four (at a push in my case but it means I can take the kids to school), 4wd with a low range 'box for when it gets really serious and high ground clearance for the ever prevalent flood water here in the South West - I can't see a downside.

russ_clark

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 08:48:16 am »
Loved driving my L200 but very limited on space. Storing poles was a nightmare, I had a 600 tank and could just squeeze my gutter vac in on its side. All my pods went on the roof. IMO great all round truck but not the easiest to work from.I have gone back to a van - traffic and much better to work from
Russ

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 02:47:22 pm »
Well im hopeing that the pick up will be woth while addition as we already have a 2man team in our transit so the pickup will just help out for an odd day or most weeks just to pick up the slack when the schedules get a bit manic