This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

petski2

DI questions
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:59 pm »
Hi guys.
Iv been wfp for 8 yrs now and have always used RO (Merlin) to produce my water.
2 reasons im changing to DI only.
My water bill has gone over £100 per month but also my tds up to a year ago was around 350,however its gone down to around 110 for some reason.
Questions are..
Is there an ideal pressure to send it through the 2 di vessels,,do I have my tap on full (about 35 psi) or do i have it on a trickle.
Also been thinking on cold days can I run my hot domestic water through the DI?
Will this shorten the life of the resin?

Thanks in advance
Pete

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: DI questions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:07:51 am »
Hi guys.
Iv been wfp for 8 yrs now and have always used RO (Merlin) to produce my water.
2 reasons im changing to DI only.
My water bill has gone over £100 per month but also my tds up to a year ago was around 350,however its gone down to around 110 for some reason.
Questions are..
Is there an ideal pressure to send it through the 2 di vessels,,do I have my tap on full (about 35 psi) or do i have it on a trickle.
Also been thinking on cold days can I run my hot domestic water through the DI?
Will this shorten the life of the resin?

Thanks in advance
Pete

Just fill your van tank with tap water & have 2 x 11Ltr DI vessels on the van & pump through them (known as purifying on-demand). This way ensures the slowest flow through the vessels & is also the simplest, least hassle route you could dream of. Get home at the end of the day, pull up, fill up & that's it! Also gives you the option to top up during the day from custies outside taps if you are running low (ok for me as no domestic water meters in Scotland) ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 05:42:25 am »
Never known tap TDS to drop so much my lowest reading is 28ppm and the highest is 65ppm . Mike

oldman

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 06:54:56 am »
Beginning of last Summer my tap water in Cardiff was 152TDS.....November it went down to 78TDS.....now, my tap water in January is reading 54TDS. Went to my mates house, different area of Cardiff, and his tap water is 77TDS.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:43:19 am »
Ours was 475PPM and now its 325PPM But it has risen to 425PPM

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 09:32:48 am »
mine is usually a steady 28-35 straight out of my tap but the other year it went up to 115 for about 3 weeks before coming back down to normal levels.

beware lads it might only be temporary.

pete if it goes back up to 300+tds you ll use sackloads of resin.
price higher/work harder!