This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brynley

parking
« on: January 31, 2014, 02:50:55 pm »
I was talking to a nice traffic warden today, i asked about parking in welwyn garden city where I live and work,and how window cleaners stood if parking on yellow lines, parking schemes etc, he told me we had an automatic dispensation whilst working and would not be penalised, except if we parked in a disabled bay. does any other council do this.

mufcglen

Re: parking
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:59:11 pm »
wasnt there a new rule that the gov was going to introduce of the wardens being a bit less strict on the public in general running into shops etc to try and help town centre shopping?

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:05:58 pm »
Here in West Berks a parking officer said they ignore working window cleaners on time limited spaces. Not sure if it would be ignored if it was a 24 hour resident's parking zone.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 03:20:03 pm »
Working the other morning before 8 on double yellows and was asked ( told ) to move

I wouldn't take any advice given verbally, traffic warden or not.  Best to find written confirmation as proof should you get a ticket.

Most wardens seems to be reasonable and give you a chance to move before whacking out a ticket

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Simon Mess

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:56:22 pm »
I live in Peterhead, in north east scotland, and as far as i am aware, there are currently no traffic wardens!. There was 2, but for presumably financial reasons, there are none at the moment. One of them, an ex bus driver, like me, i know is driving a bus again, the other, i have been told, has taken early retirement.

Doesnt affect me in my work, as i have no properties to clean around, or on, double yellow lines, but handy to know if i go to the town centre at weekend or day off ;)

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 05:21:35 pm »
Quote from: Simon Mess
I live in Peterhead, in north east scotland, and as far as i am aware, there are currently no traffic wardens!. There was 2, but for presumably financial reasons, there are none at the moment. One of them, an ex bus driver, like me, i know is driving a bus again, the other, i have been told, has taken early retirement.

Doesnt affect me in my work, as i have no properties to clean around, or on, double yellow lines, but handy to know if i go to the town centre at weekend or day off ;)

Finally!! Someone more 'northern' than me!
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

CleanClear

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 09:19:38 pm »
I was talking to a nice traffic warden today, i asked about parking in welwyn garden city where I live and work,and how window cleaners stood if parking on yellow lines, parking schemes etc, he told me we had an automatic dispensation whilst working and would not be penalised, except if we parked in a disabled bay. does any other council do this.

There is no automatic dispensation at all. I don't mean to be antagonistic telling you that, i mention it because people are saying.."thanks, its handy to know". If wardens want to personally give you a dispensation (i.e use some commonsense) then thats fine. But anyone is still liable to be fined if they break the parking regulations by parking on double yellows no matter what they're doing.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 09:26:04 pm »
In the Brighton and Hove area window cleaners can get a parking permit that costs nothing but prior to that, the rule here was that if you had a sign written van then the wardens would leave you alone provided you were parked sensibly.

Last year I got a parking ticket in the East End of London. Normally I just pay them as appealing is a waste of time but with this one I appealed on the basis that I was window cleaning from a sign written van and much to my shock and surprise, they cancelled it.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 09:46:06 pm »
Peterheed has own language,been a few times and take a translater.My mums family has shipyard in Buckie and got family in Fraserburgh. heroin city

CleanClear

hotsteam

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 12:23:22 pm »
Looking at the photo one yellow line is broken, so the yellow lines are not legal, case dismissed.
next.

rah

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 12:49:11 pm »
We have a couple of jobs that involve us parking on double yellows. When ever I seen a warden, just had a little word explained we would only be x time, they are usually quite accommodating.

One thing I learnt recently, Double yellows where there is a marking running on to the kerb mean NO Stopping period. this is one they are quite strict with apparently.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Paul T

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 02:34:23 pm »
Rosskeva , what council was that ? I work in Tower Hamlets and have murders with traffic Wardens,
What exactly did you say in letter of appeal to council / Are you wfp ?