This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ste waddington

antifreeze
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:46:50 am »
Hi guys do any of you use antifreeze in your solution in your bucket.  do you think its time for it now?
Thanks

deeege

Re: antifreeze
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:36:44 am »
It's not required until the temps get colder than -2°C or -3°C.

It's still 5°c here so definitely not required.

Where are you and what's the temperature there?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

ste waddington

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:51:12 am »
Im in barrow in furness mate in north west. Its 2 degrees here. Ive just started ut so prob was a daft question. So minus 2?
Thanks

C o z y

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:00:55 am »
We use it from minus 2 and the coldest we managed to work in is minus 8. Water must be really cold though, otherwise freezes on glass. 
No still don't understand, I must be thick

ste waddington

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 10:17:56 am »
Great thanks for clearing that up no pun intended ha

Pete Thompson

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 10:24:22 am »
I never buy it, its easy to make antifreeze.

You just hide her woolen pyjamas.

ste waddington

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 10:30:28 am »
Hahaha

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 05:48:06 pm »
We use it from minus 2 and the coldest we managed to work in is minus 8. Water must be really cold though, otherwise freezes on glass. 

Do you feel warm water freezes quicker than cold water?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

rah

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 06:59:55 pm »
Sounds silly, but warm water will freeze quicker due to it's molecular structure.

Screen wash in your bucket should suffice
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

ste waddington

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 07:14:57 pm »
Is that instead of antifreeze

C o z y

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

Yes mate, dry air here on mainland continent. Get to minus 4 and with the low humidity, it freezes. That's why in normal winter conditions here (minus 10 to 15) WFP is a non starter. It's only used on awkward or 4th floor work where windows don't open. Not at all in winter though.

Jonny 87

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »

Yes mate, dry air here on mainland continent. Get to minus 4 and with the low humidity, it freezes. That's why in normal winter conditions here (minus 10 to 15) WFP is a non starter. It's only used on awkward or 4th floor work where windows don't open. Not at all in winter though.

I can't get my head around it. Lol.

If I'm using my hot water system and hold the brush head on a frozen bucket of water, I get two small holes going right through the ice. If warm water freezes quicker would that not mean this wouldn't happen?

I'm confused. :(
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

rah

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 07:34:58 pm »
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

C o z y

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 07:39:33 pm »

I can't get my head around it. Lol.

If I'm using my hot water system and hold the brush head on a frozen bucket of water, I get two small holes going right through the ice. If warm water freezes quicker would that not mean this wouldn't happen?

I'm confused. :(

I'm on mainland Europe, the air humidity and temps are more extreme to mild UK. You're surrounded by sea water. You don't normally get minus 10 to 15 in winter from end of November til end of Feb. You've seen the guys on Sky news throwing boiling water up in the air and it turning to snow right? Well it's not much warmer here in North Germany. Ever been here?

C o z y

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 07:45:15 pm »
Watch this. Minus 15. Enjoy, and pay attention next time in Physics class  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVZV6DxaRs

ste waddington

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 07:47:49 pm »
Sorry but how does screenwash work? Isnt it totally differant to antifreeze

C o z y

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 07:48:51 pm »
Anti freeze can damage paintwork I think. Or it did when we used it in the Army.  ???

rah

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »
 ::)roll

ste waddington

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 07:52:29 pm »
Ok cool thanks for that

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 09:10:52 pm »
Use screenwash first,neat if you have too,when that freezes try antifreeze,when that freezes go home,I find most of time screenwash etc will freeze,but I allways try anyway.