Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

Help please,how to price
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:53:19 pm »
Thanks for reading,how do you price cleaning of soffits,facias and external gutter cleaning ? I've done a few but don't know if I'm to cheap or to expensive.
I'm wfd so will be cleaning all ares from the ground
All help appreciated

ben M

Re: Help please,how to price
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:02:51 pm »
60 quid an hour

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:04:41 pm »
Personally,
I just judge every job on its own merits, and how long i exspect the job will take.
Eg, if the gutter/fascia is really dirty i charge more of if its above a conservatory and harder to reach i charge more.
I try to earn a bit more doing these jobs than just windows because i find it harder work, plus i dont really like doing them

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 08:14:02 pm »
60 quid an hour
thanks how long should the average three bed detached take,soffits,facias,and external gutters ,two and a half hours @ £60 would that be fair ? Or do you feel it would take longer I appreciate it's hard to price without pics

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 08:15:49 pm »
Personally,
I just judge every job on its own merits, and how long i exspect the job will take.
Eg, if the gutter/fascia is really dirty i charge more of if its above a conservatory and harder to reach i charge more.
I try to earn a bit more doing these jobs than just windows because i find it harder work, plus i dont really like doing them

yes I would agree they are hard work,I'm also not that keen,but I feel I have to do them,so customer doesn't look elsewhere

ben M

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 08:17:38 pm »
60 quid an hour
thanks how long should the average three bed detached take,soffits,facias,and external gutters ,two and a half hours @ £60 would that be fair ? Or do you feel it would take longer I appreciate it's hard to price without pics
very dirty or not? only you can judge.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 08:26:46 pm »
The best way to price em up is not to do em  ;D

colin bird

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 08:30:51 pm »
60 quid an hour
very dirty or not? only you can judge.
yes I hear where you coming from thanks

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 08:31:54 pm »
The best way to price em up is not to do em  ;D
yes but I want to keep others away from my cm. thanks

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 09:08:54 pm »
Colin, that would depend on what percentage of your customers convert your quote into a booking. Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 09:23:18 pm »
i aim for £50-£60 an hour on add on jobs and usually succeed as i know how long they take generally after doing them for a few years now. ;)

they are harder work but for me the job satisfaction is greater due to the customers being very pleased with the end results(normally!) plus a couple of add ons a week can really boost your weekly earnings! ;) ;D

using hot water and virosol makes them easier if their really dirty as well! :)
price higher/work harder!

ben M

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 09:26:12 pm »
i aim for £50-£60 an hour on add on jobs and usually succeed as i know how long they take generally after doing them for a few years now. ;)

they are harder work but for me the job satisfaction is greater due to the customers being very pleased with the end results(normally!) plus a couple of add ons a week can really boost your weekly earnings! ;) ;D

using hot water and virosol makes them easier if their really dirty as well! :)
why do you use virosol with hot water?????? don't need to! hot water is enough!

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 09:35:09 pm »
cos ive got 3 and a half 5L tubs of the stuff ben! ;D ;D ;D

...and i think it helps!! ;) ;D

.....it looks good too if the customer is in when cleaning! ;) :)
price higher/work harder!

wfp master

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »
I use hot virosol & cold water to rinse off.