Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

other windys...poor service?
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:51:12 pm »
ive just got back from leafleting for my girlfriends shop.

first posh housing estate and i see 2 window cleaners.100% trad,fairy bottle in bucket,teeth missing,scruffy clothes etc.

the house they were cleaning had absolutely filthy frames.they didnt touch em! ::)roll

as i was leafleting i noticed lots of filthy frames but clean glass and also lots of windows just filthy so i know some dont have a window cleaner.

these are posh 4 and 5 bed houses.

its not too far from some of my work so im thinking of doing a bit of canvassing.

the window cleaners in question didnt know i was a window cleaner as i was in my car. ;D

i have canvassed estates like this before without much luck.some people will stick with the crap windys even though they do a poor job cos they know them and they are dirt cheap.

im defo tempted to at least canvass the houses with dirty frames AND glass though! ;) :)
price higher/work harder!

mufcglen

Re: other windys...poor service?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 03:14:00 pm »
it suprised me when i first started cleaning windows pal and noticed some of these guys with theyre b and q bucket and pound shop squeegee nit to forget the rope holding the ladder on.
couldnt believe that some just clean the glass and dont even wipe the dirty water theyve just squeegied off the glass!
if this was my house i'd sack em straight away!

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:04:06 pm »
How many years does it take to get a full round Daz?

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:11:20 pm »
haha!dave!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

it took me around 2 years to build a full round back in 1993(so around 1995!).i had 2 guys working for me at one time.100% trad. ;D

i had problems both with staff and personal problems.i lost loads of work in the space of 12 months then sold some off and started building again when my health allowed.

i now earn far more working on my own and work on average 3 and a half weeks a month. ;) ;D

capn sparkle

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:15:56 pm »
Daz go and save these posh people from their 3rd rate windies...

3 and 3/4 weeks a month

Still a bit of time off

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 06:24:22 pm »
im tempted sparkle but i have a full 3 and a half weeks worth of work come monday morning and feb is a short month.

also im putting up 80% of my prices  in april.

add on jobs trickle in all spring and summer and i naturally pick up work without even trying most weeks! ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 06:53:49 pm »
another thing i noticed is because nobody has cleaned their frames for years(the estate is about 5 years old)some of em were really ground in dirty frames causing them to go grey! ::)roll

only way i know to get em really white is using cif and a cloth up close on a ladder for the upper frames!

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »
i wouldn't really say it was poor service, it is in our eyes because we use water fed pole.

But before we used wfp that's what we all done lol until the customer used to ask "can you clean the frames this time round"
Dave.

capn sparkle

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »
Up close n personal is the only way..

Barry Scott n Cillit Bang bath and shower does it for me (that didn't sound right) Hmmm

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 07:30:31 pm »
there r a lot of crap wfp window cleaners to. so why do u just pick on trad window cleaners

deeege

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 07:33:50 pm »
This the same area we spoke about last time Daz? It sounds more like A--l-t-- from your description? :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 07:46:48 pm »
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 08:57:52 pm »
no danny completely different area! ;D

they sounded like they were from leigh!

ive been threatened a few times off guys from atherton and leigh many years ago.nothing ever came of it though! ;) :)

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 09:05:22 pm »
geoff im not picking on anyone mate but trad window cleaners are laughable generally in this day and age.most of the ones i come across anyway! ;D ;D

dont get me wrong i know some good trad window cleaners but most of em are dodgy and do a crap job! :D :D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 09:21:19 pm »
there r a lot of crap wfp window cleaners to. so why do u just pick on trad window cleaners

Cuz they're more likely to miss out frames and do a crap job.
It's a game of three halves!

Johnny B

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 06:50:24 pm »

Cuz they're more likely to miss out frames and do a crap job.

Some of us old school traddies take a lot of care and pride in our work. It helps if your OCD-ish, like me!  ;D

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 07:48:56 pm »
geoff im not picking on anyone mate but trad window cleaners are laughable generally in this day and age.most of the ones i come across anyway! ;D ;D

dont get me wrong i know some good trad window cleaners but most of em are dodgy and do a crap job! :D :D
still sounds to me your putting trad window cleaners down,ive seen a lot of wfd window cleaners doing a crap job ,what have got to say about them then

PoleKing

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 07:53:50 pm »

still sounds to me your putting trad window cleaners down,ive seen a lot of wfd window cleaners doing a crap job ,what have got to say about them then

I like the crap polers round my way.
I get their work ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

SeanK

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 07:56:22 pm »
What I'm taking out of this post is that wfp window cleaning is better for
your teeth. ;D

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »
they must must spend a lot of time cleaning their teeth with their brush