This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris - CBWC

Tank/van port to reel hose
« on: January 30, 2014, 01:53:21 pm »
What hose do you use to connect your tank or van port to your reel?  I have some spare garden hose that I can get connectors for and cut down, it won't be very long as I'll just place the reel by the van port each time, and place it on a storage box so I don't have to keep bending down to the floor every time, saves my back in the long run.

I've got 100m of 6mm microbore on the reel but obviously garden hose is a bit wider.

mufcglen

Re: Tank/van port to reel hose
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 03:18:50 pm »
ive seen some guys with blue hose running around theyre system, anyone know where i can this from?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 04:01:00 pm »
That what I use.

Bright blue hose. It's awesome. Doesn't seem to discolour and is very tough!!!

Cleaningspot.co.uk sells it.

Bloody awesome stuff.

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 04:23:37 pm »
cheers pal, just seen it!
they only do 30 mtr roles though, i wont need half that much just to kit the van out. is there any where that sells it by the meter?

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 04:40:08 pm »
Cheshire I think I've got the same blue pipe running throughout my system, says Vale Premium Hose on it but I don't think I'd use that between the van port and the reel!

Thanks samson, is that 1/2" ID yeah?  Same as a standard garden hose ID.  I will wait until my next Gardiner order - spare bits and pieces and possibly a pole - before getting the hose, good price though!  I'm sure the garden hose will do until then, I just need to get out there, get started, get going.

Any thoughts on what length to get?  We're talking reel to van port and I have 100m of microbore on the reel so am intending to leave reel outside the locked van whilst working.  Thinking through my round, on occasion I'll park in a residential car park close to the property so leaving the reel outside the side door is risky as it'll be in the next parking space, so the hose should be long enough for the reel to reach the front and/or back of the van in case it needs to be placed there.

Experiences welcome!

Matt - aquatec

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 07:51:31 pm »
Hi Cheshire,

Try delaneys in Macclesfield. Great bunch of lads, I get most of my fittings from them. They do a clear heat resistant hose by the meter, perfect, I run it off two feels both on hot....

Cheers

Matt
Loving the freedom and enjoying the hard work......
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Matt - aquatec

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 07:52:31 pm »
Reels even
Loving the freedom and enjoying the hard work......
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:26 pm »
cheers matt, not heard of them but will check them out!
while i was in b&q this morning getting an outside tap kit for the front of my hose i noticed they had some cheap b&q brand blue hose pipe in 20m for £8, would this be any good just for running from tank to di and pump and then reel as after the real i got 8mm pipe.
http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-care-watering/watering-irrigation/hoses___accessories/-specificproducttype-hoses/Hosepipe-20m-12698565?skuId=13219270

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 04:27:09 pm »
That will be fine. At the end of the day its 1/2 inch hose pipe but just different colours.

TBH i think blue is a stupid idea now, as i had problem months ago with a stuttering pump. Turned out to be a blockage in a pipe!

Next van will have clear hose!

mufcglen

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 05:04:24 pm »
i was actually thinking about clear a few days ago after somebody said the same thing to me about being able to see water flow and ive seen this from gardinershttp://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/reinforced-1-2-inch-clear-hose-sold-.html

oldman

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 06:07:31 pm »
B&Q also sell the clear braided hose by the mtr.