Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Flash..

Gutter pricing
« on: January 30, 2014, 09:21:22 am »
Recently I have had a couple of customers tell me there gutters are blocked in a certain spot so could I clear the blockage and check the rest of the gutters. 

How do you give a price for this it will take quiet a while to check the gutters all around so would need paying for this?

I just give a quote for clearing the gutters based on them being bad and a quote to clear the known blockage.

What do you do or is it only me that gets this?

Smudger

Re: Gutter pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:07 am »
Quote for the time it will take you our min charge for 1 off clears is 1 hour for a Terrence house but we vac and don't use ladders.

Although you can clear a blockage in 10 mins or so, bear in mind the customer is asking because they don't want to or can't do it and after all your risking your neck if going up a ladder so make it worth your while - certainly 1.5 times what you'd get for regular window cleaning.

As with everything some people will think you reasonable and take up your service, others will expect only to pay you a fiver, for these sort let them keep the blockage safe in the knowledge the tight gits will soon be paying out thousands for water damage  ;D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Avo

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:54:09 am »
I've just charged them £10 to unblock down pipe elbows I'll only charge for what's needed to be cleaned in theses cases..

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 10:58:36 am »
Recently I have had a couple of customers tell me there gutters are blocked in a certain spot so could I clear the blockage and check the rest of the gutters. 

How do you give a price for this it will take quiet a while to check the gutters all around so would need paying for this?

I just give a quote for clearing the gutters based on them being bad and a quote to clear the known blockage.

Just quote every job as if the whole lot is full.  Some you win, some you lose.  You mainly win. :)

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 11:07:22 am »

Just quote every job as if the whole lot is full.  Some you win, some you lose.  You mainly win. :)

Same as Steve,

You quoting to clear the gutters & downpipes of the house.

That's full price for all the gutters etc.

Dont let them haggle you down to specific sections.

its the little sections that they want cleaning that take the longest.  also if one section is blocked the muck will back up and leave mess along the rest of the gutter.    they may not realise it, but there will be other muck that needs clearing
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

wpclean

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 02:32:36 pm »
We have a minimum charge of £50, even if it is just for one length.   By the time it takes you to travel, and to set up
you need to cover your costs.

Avo

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 02:36:29 pm »
Yes the price is the price you charge regardless of how full they are but I've had a few where just the down pipe was blocked and took me 2 mins to fix and the rest was clean and clear so not charging £50 for the job.
You find in some cases it's heavier at one end and nothing the other but you still must price per strip of gutter  :)

capn sparkle

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »

[/quote]
[/quote]

When canvassing for my old firm the price was £3 per metre emptied + £1 per m cleaned (wiped).

Have a wander round and get an approximate length (don't forget the little ones on porches and the like). If you're not sure exactly how long it all is.. add a little bit to be on the safe side.

Now I just work for lil old me - Tell my custies this is what I used to charge at a big firm then knock 30% off. custie thinks they've got a bargain and you'll be happy with the price.

Couple of rubble sacks from Sainsburys and happy days.

It's a dirty job but someones gotta do it (sings) ;D ;D ;D

britishwill

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 11:06:46 pm »
so basically £4 a metre? Best of luck with that bud. I cannot believe you charge that much..

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 12:11:07 am »

[/quote]

When canvassing for my old firm the price was £3 per metre emptied + £1 per m cleaned (wiped).

Have a wander round and get an approximate length (don't forget the little ones on porches and the like). If you're not sure exactly how long it all is.. add a little bit to be on the safe side.

Now I just work for lil old me - Tell my custies this is what I used to charge at a big firm then knock 30% off. custie thinks they've got a bargain and you'll be happy with the price.

Couple of rubble sacks from Sainsburys and happy days.

It's a dirty job but someones gotta do it (sings) ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

+1 except just chuck the crap in their green bin.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Matthew Broadhead

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 04:31:36 pm »
£4 a metre sounds dirt cheap. I have charged £100 front and back on a 3 bed semi. They won't do it themselves so take advantage. I generally throw the windows in for free but never had a complaint about the price.