Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomSE

What you say in the rain
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:49:41 am »
Hi fellas,

Up until now I've worked through light to medium rain and only tried to avoid working when its been monsoon or thunderstorm etc.

Lately its been fairly heavy and I've just cracked on but having a few people question me etc which I've dealt with fine so far but was just wondering whats the standard kind of speech you give the customer if they question you doing them in the rain, and what you say on the initial quote regarding weather.

Thanks
Tom

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

Re: What you say in the rain
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:58:55 am »
If they want to cancel on this visit we say 'Fine, see you in six weeks'. There's no sarcasm, ill intention. Its just the way it is. Don't get a bee in your bonnet, Everyone is different.

tonycarr

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 09:07:13 am »
i sing...... ;D ;D
T & J Window Cleaning services

paul13

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:10:19 am »
I don't mention it unless asked, if asked I tell them it's pure water and because
there's no soap in the water the rain won't make any difference to the glass as it's the soap that causes the worst water marks ;D
I finish by telling them I will re clean any windows they are not happy with no mater what the weather.
 What I find amusing sometimes is if a custy complains about you working in the rain
after cleaning them and they have dried ask them to show you the windows in my experience they can't,      Top three replies are
I had to go and clean them myself ::)roll
I haven't had a chance to look at them yet ??? (Ask them to look now)
It's dark how can I see if there clean in the dark :P

C o z y

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 09:19:43 am »
When working in light rain, I find it rare that anyone says anything at all. You can say what you want, but I'd say something like if the windows are dirty when it stops raining, call us and we'll come back and clean again.
As was already said, everyone's different. So just crack on and take it as it comes.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

EandM

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 09:26:32 am »
' I'm cold and wet. A cup of tea would be lovely... '

C o z y

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 09:30:38 am »
' I'm cold and wet. A cup of tea would be lovely... '
;D Oh, and you can say that too

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:59 am »
Offer to do them again, if they're not satisfied with the clean done in the rain.
I don't work in the rain, though, and people will always find something to moan about.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

roundbuilder

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:29 am »
As matt says just say ok no probs, see you next time.
I respect all my customers as without them id have no business, most are never home and also dont bat an eyelid what the weather is like when i clean.

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 12:30:17 pm »
If they want to cancel on this visit we say 'Fine, see you in six weeks'. There's no sarcasm, ill intention. Its just the way it is. Don't get a bee in your bonnet, Everyone is different.
What if it was raining next time?

Soupy

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 01:37:51 pm »

Ah, now that is the trick. If it is raining next time she will want them done as her windows will be minging. Rain or not.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 03:54:04 pm »
i had a cancellation today, because the windows are dirty due to the weather ???...........isnt that why we clean them to keep them clean

on that basis we should only clean in the summer when there not dirty ???

total confused :P

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 05:00:21 pm »

Ah, now that is the trick. If it is raining next time she will want them done as her windows will be minging. Rain or not.

Exactly. It's getting stupid isn't it if it's raining to that kind of intensity. Crack on, your running a business not a side-show.

Tom-01

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 05:08:24 pm »
I say 'Unfortunately I still have to pay my bills in the rain'
I think explain how we work as a business and if we didn't work in the rain I wouldn't
Have a business to explain about. Seems to work ok.

James Bulton

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »
What ever you do don`t sing from the same hymn sheet on this forum.

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 05:30:47 pm »
The thing is that all the windows I clean at the moment are minging. If the customer wants a wc, why on earth would they not want them cleaning when they are minging? Answer, because they will get dirty again.  ::)roll

C o z y

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 05:34:14 pm »
I say 'Unfortunately I still have to pay my bills in the rain'
I think explain how we work as a business and if we didn't work in the rain I wouldn't
Have a business to explain about. Seems to work ok.
Do you really say that? Really? You tell them you have bills to pay, and then they reply, well in that case, carry on?? Is that what they say?

Customers don't employ us to enable us to pay our billos. Surprising I know, but they employ us to clean the windows. If one or two of your customers don't want them cleaned in the rain, that's up to them. Why would they give a toss if you have bills to pay mate?
Either replace them as custies or clean next time, but don't bother telling them you have bills to pay.

That's like me having my bins cleaned in January, I don't need that, but the bloke has bills to pay??
HTH

C o z y

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 05:36:24 pm »
What ever you do don`t sing from the same hymn sheet on this forum.

Thank all to all you nice gentlemen for your kind words.But there is no need i have developed a thick skin on here. I am sorry that I defended my self when I was taken the ppp of and spoke out when I was verbally attacked. I also am sorry that I cannot put my story forward in an except fable fashion and that my motives are so construed. I obviously do things in a way that offend so many of you. This is not done intentionally I am just as baffled as you are at the response I raise, but its not really my intention. I think it would be best for me and you that I keep my thoughts to my self as they have no value to any on here, if they create such drama. I will not be contributing to this forum is future but will only read as the large majority do. So I will NOT be closing my account. I am sure this post will attract another avalanche of bile. Heart moving etc. But so be it.
P.S Thanks to the few chaps like Spruce that really did understand and even defended me at times and were I am coming from.

Thought you weren't going to contribute anymore Smithie. Spat ya dummy out last week.  ???

Welcome back.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 05:59:35 pm »
My 'quotation pack' includes a page describing my 'rain guarantee', plus I tell the new customer that we work in all weathers but that the guarantee stands:  if, after it's all dried up the windows aren't perfect, give us a call and we'll come back and do them again.

You can forstall the 'not in the rain' reaction by having a 'rain guarantee' note printed ready and put it through the door before you start cleaning in the rain.  That way you've already got your point across before they come out to stop you.

You will only need to do this once per customer.

TomSE

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 06:42:30 pm »
Hi Ian, that sounds good, have dropped you an email.