This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Re: What you say in the rain
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 07:00:16 pm »
If they want to cancel on this visit we say 'Fine, see you in six weeks'. There's no sarcasm, ill intention. Its just the way it is. Don't get a bee in your bonnet, Everyone is different.

yup agree totally with this ...

Tom-01

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 09:55:47 pm »
I say 'Unfortunately I still have to pay my bills in the rain'
I think explain how we work as a business and if we didn't work in the rain I wouldn't
Have a business to explain about. Seems to work ok.
Do you really say that? Really? You tell them you have bills to pay, and then they reply, well in that case, carry on?? Is that what they say?

Customers don't employ us to enable us to pay our billos. Surprising I know, but they employ us to clean the windows. If one or two of your customers don't want them cleaned in the rain, that's up to them. Why would they give a toss if you have bills to pay mate?
Either replace them as custies or clean next time, but don't bother telling them you have bills to pay.

That's like me having my bins cleaned in January, I don't need that, but the bloke has bills to pay??
HTH
If we turn up and they're umming and ahhing yes I do say that, it's slightly tongue in cheek and said with a smile.

Carl2009

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 03:42:06 pm »
As I always say on here, it very much depends on the location of the property. If they are close to a main road with spray then they are going to be dirty a few mins after they are cleaned - paying for a worthless clean = unhappy custie. If they are on a nice quiet estate then a rain guarantee would work a treat. If you were to offer me a rain guarantee on my house I promise, you'd never be away!

If possible, and it might not be possible it's best to price so you don't have to work in the rain, which is unpleasant anyway. I've been at home all day today, will be in tomorrow and looks like Monday may be a problem too and I have full days each of them  ::)roll.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 04:02:54 pm »
even i wouldnt of bothered working today!strong winds,heavy rain and its COLD!! ;D ;D

SOMETIMES its just too bad to get out and work.not very often though.

enjoy the time off and dont worry about it! ;)

still managed to give my extreme 25 a clean,renewed tape,lacquered then re assembled and sprayed with PTFE.ive printed off invoices and written out tickets for monday,replaced squeegee rubber and filled bucket.

tomorrow ill clean van and car even if its raining!fill tank and charge battery.

have a good weekend guys ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 06:41:36 pm »
I hate working in the rain, as do most of my customers, so for me it's not really a problem. There are a few who don't mind, so I can belt away on those regardless.

I had a call from one this afternoon, asking me to call later in the day. She phones me every 1-2 weeks, and lives 2 minutes from me. I got there at about 5:15, it was dark and hammering down. I suggested going back tomorrow, but she was happier for me to do the windows then and there than I was!

It certainly takes all sorts!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rah

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 06:58:20 pm »
Everyday is a rainy day with these poles ;)

I don't get rain relief on the mortgage.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .