Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Is there a way to add a text button on exel?
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:48:19 am »
I'm wondering if there is a way to upgrade my exel spreadsheet , rather then using my iphone and voice recognison to input numbers  , I dream of having a one button click next to customer names things like ,due tomorrow , payment reminder etc

Is there such a way?

LWC Ltd

Re: Is there a way to add a text button on exel?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 09:21:54 am »
Try round tracker mate thats what that does.

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:11:02 am »
cleaner planner does this

Dave Mills

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:21:48 pm »
I'm wondering if there is a way to upgrade my exel spreadsheet , rather then using my iphone and voice recognison to input numbers  , I dream of having a one button click next to customer names things like ,due tomorrow , payment reminder etc

Is there such a way?

Yes, but you will have to write macros in VBA to do it.  Lots of books to tell you how to do it.  I can do it but it took a very long time despite the fact that I programmed for years before seeing the light and becoming a windy.

If you want it done for you to be added to your spreadsheet, youre searching for "VBA programmer" local to you.  In my opinion it wont take someone who does it every day more than an hour or so to add the kind of thing you have described.  Alternatively, search for "VBA for Excel training" and ask them to put you onto someone (or ask the tutor).

Soupy

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 01:24:20 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wot he said.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 04:44:30 pm »

Is there such a way?

Yes, but you will have to write macros in VBA to do it.  Lots of books to tell you how to do it.  I can do it but it took a very long time despite the fact that I programmed for years before seeing the light and becoming a windy.

If you want it done for you to be added to your spreadsheet, youre searching for "VBA programmer" local to you.  In my opinion it wont take someone who does it every day more than an hour or so to add the kind of thing you have described.  Alternatively, search for "VBA for Excel training" and ask them to put you onto someone (or ask the tutor).

Hi Dave ,

Thanks for this , so someone needs to vba programe my spreadsheet or can he do a blank one?

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »
Cleaner planer and round tracker how much are they?

Dave Mills

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 05:37:35 pm »

Is there such a way?

Hi Dave ,

Thanks for this , so someone needs to vba programe my spreadsheet or can he do a blank one?

They would need your spreadsheet.  The way VBA works is that it looks at the data in your spreadsheet. The developer would need to see your spreadsheet in order to find the right data for whatever you are looking to do.  So, for example, if you wanted to send a reminder automatically, there would be a button to do it and their program would look up the customer details, date of last clean, amount (or whatever) and put them together into a reminder.  He cannot guess where the data might be so he will need your spreadsheet to work on.

The one problem with all this is that if you later need to add something to your spreadsheet (an extra column in your data, say) then you may end up needing the programming redone unless the guy knows what  he is doing.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »
Looks like the most realistic thing is that i buy some made up software and manually inport my data is there a fair priced one?I don't believe in monthly payments or online platforms I want to pay once and have it installed on pc

Dave Mills

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 10:46:48 pm »
We moved to Aworka which is both online and monthly billed (so perfect for you).  But its excellent and pays for itself a dozen times over.