This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andrew wakeman

trad pole
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:05:10 am »
Im not interested in wfp at all but want to instead do trad on a pole what system is best any links or recommendations?

Jonny 87

Re: trad pole
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:30:21 am »
Expect to lots of complaints about filthy frames then.

Look up Wagga on YouTube. He uses a long pole for some work.

Or polz n bladz.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

robertphil

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:34:20 am »
Harris pole  from  BnQ  with a 12  inch wagtail squeegee on top works well i find . you will need to fit a suitable tip to the pole for the wagtail to fit on nicely ,i use an Anza tip, buy that also in BnQ

combat1

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 08:02:56 am »
I use wfp now but did 20 years using an ettore reach pole and backflip, never ever had a complaint. you can still clean the lower frames and nobody ever moans about the upper frames.
Go on you tube 'unger tutorials' there is a module on cleaning at height which shows you the best way to do it.
Basically cut the top edge and wipe the blade every two pulls and you will be ok.
practice makes perfect.
I still use the pole and when I compare the cost to what I've spent on wfp I wonder why I ever changed.
The trad pole is great, no set up time and quick to use, safe in all weathers and the customers like me using it.
hope this helps.`

wfp master

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 05:19:04 pm »
takes a while to master & still not perfect results when detailing. ok for the odd dodgie window but not all the time. frames & sills can be cleaned with a cloth on pole but takes to long & again not perfect.would be quicker of a ladder & better results.or go w.f.p & have it done perfectly in seconds. ;)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 06:05:00 pm »
i used to use one on awkward windows.it takes time to do an ok job.

IMO its the wrong choice of tools.you CANNOT clean frames very well at all.you leave yourself wide open to smears and streaks esp on little openers and it takes far too long.

if i were you id sack the idea of building a round up for the moment and get yourself a job with an established window cleaner.work hard,take driving lessons and pass your test.save hard and get yourself a little van and go WFP.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

capn sparkle

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:21 pm »

IMO its the wrong choice of tools.you CANNOT clean frames very well at all.you leave yourself wide open to smears and streaks esp on little openers and it takes far too long.

if i were you id sack the idea of building a round up for the moment and get yourself a job with an established window cleaner.work hard,take driving lessons and pass your test.save hard and get yourself a little van.

best wishes

dazmond

+ 1

wfp master

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 08:23:45 pm »
I

if i were you id sack the idea of building a round up for the moment and get yourself a job with an established window cleaner.work hard,take driving lessons and pass your test.save hard and get yourself a little van and go WFP.

best wishes

dazmond
+1

jonboywalton75

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 12:13:32 pm »

best wishes

dazmond

Another one in total agreement

andrew wakeman

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 12:36:59 pm »
I work in retail i could never afford a van or run one however i could trad lower windows and use a wfp backpack for upper frames and windows if there too awkarwed to get a ladder up what do u think?. Also bear in mind im not doing this as a main business more to earn a bit extra on top of my main job.

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 12:45:23 pm »
I work in retail i could never afford a van or run one however i could trad lower windows and use a wfp backpack for upper frames and windows if there too awkarwed to get a ladder up what do u think?. Also bear in mind im not doing this as a main business more to earn a bit extra on top of my main job.

Stick to your warm and cosy shop. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

jarvy

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 02:18:15 pm »
Unger pole for trad work. I like it because the tools are held on by that clicky thing on the end!
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"