This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul ette

new leaflet
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:52:08 pm »
tried a new aproach to my leaflet as the last one got appalling results, what you think?

HampshireWindowCleaning

Re: new leaflet
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:19:23 pm »
Not sure you should put the bit about £1 per window, average house has 2 up, 2 down, front and back, you would probably charge £12 for these but people would be expecting it for £8.

paul ette

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 06:23:55 pm »
thought the £1 per window would get attention and it says from £1 so only price movement up, to be fair tho id charge between £8 and £10 for 8 windows

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 06:39:08 pm »
the £1 per window is probably the problem.. thel think what! £1 for 10 seconds cleaning one window  :o .. more than likely lol
Dave.

steve123

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 06:53:39 pm »
I would change the £1 per window to.... Prices start from just £5.

They dont need to know thats for a phone box  ;D

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 06:59:59 pm »
'window's' should be 'windows'
'£1per' needs a gap '£1 per'
Stick some full stops in at the end of the lines
Stick some gaps in the telephone numbers so they are easier to read i.e. 01242675026 should be 01242 675026
I wouldn't give them a £5 discount off the first clean (I think you'll get loads of messers) but that's just me.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

paul ette

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 07:07:27 pm »
Just a draft but cheers for the punctuation, it's the first time I've put 1 £ per window on a leaflet, thought it might grab some attention , gotta give it a go , my last leaflet got a couple of calls out of over 5 k delivered, ridiculous ::)roll

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 07:12:31 pm »
Paul, i've just had a quick look and your leaflet does not reflect the quality of your website.
Website looks great. Why not make your leaflet more upmarket? May get more enquiries.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

paul ette

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »
My last leaflet was more flash and posh looking, but got rubbish response, when I first started I had some plains white and black leaflets with just writing on, got a good response off them, my idea with this was to be the local friendly window cleaner type guy and not the big expensive window cleaning business.
Was looking at getting a guy to deliver them in my areas when I'm working to hopefully pull in a couple of jobs local to mine.
Is simple sometimes better?

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 07:28:11 pm »
I've emailed you my leaflet. It's not great by any means but I usually get about 4 enquiries per 1,000.
If it helps, that's cool.

paul ette

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 07:35:25 pm »
Ok thanks, 4 per thousand ain't bad, better a couple per 5k lol

Jonny 87

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 08:27:50 pm »
4 per thousand?

It hardly seems worth it.

I've never leaflet tied but thought it would be higher.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 08:49:07 pm »
Paul, are you delivering these in areas that you already work in?
If so, why not tie your leaflet in with your van livery and uniform??
You will slowly start getting a better response with each leaflet drop if you follow this advice. Guaranteed!
It has taken me 3 years making my locals aware of our company through van livery, uniforms etc. These have always been kept the same style and colour.
Big companies (sky, bt, dominoes etc) spend millions on marketing advisors to help with brand awareness, so why shouldnt we try it in our own little way.

Also leaflet an area once a week for 2 months. Same leaflet in the same houses. Excellent results again and more compact work. DONT bang them all out in one go and expect good results.

Hope this is of some help.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 08:53:10 pm »
Forgot to say, drop the offer!You will get people who just want a one off discounted clean, promising to become a regular and cancelling before next clean. IMO Similar to a Groupon deal.

Mike #1

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 06:40:01 am »
4 per thousand?

It hardly seems worth it.

I've never leaflet tied but thought it would be higher.

4 per thousand is higher than the usual average . Mike

Positivity

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 07:56:17 am »
Hi Paul
Looks really cluttered to me with the background logo.
Try dropping it and I bet the leaflet message will stand out a lot better.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 08:21:06 am »
My recent leaflet drop, First drop 2nd Jan last drop yesterday, to date (as of last night) has brought in 53 new monthly customers.
2500 leaflets.
What is on your leaflet is important but equally timing and frequency of delivery affects response dramatically.
Hope this helps Paul

paul ette

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 08:26:52 am »
thats amazing david, im in the pocess of finding a new van to sign write etc, i wouldnt put my current van as its an old tractor that i bought last year when i started up, but definately will try that when i get a better van, thank u

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 08:32:43 am »
Branding is the name of the game with leaflets, local people will associate you and your van with your leaflet. IT TAKES A WHILE but once the ball is rolling you are on to a winner with leaflets. p.s my van is an old tractor of our bunch! Dont worry, if you do a great job your customers dont mind, they do not sit and have dinner in your van, they just want clean windows! lol

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 09:04:23 am »
Hi David,

Any chance you could email me a copy of your leaflet? We are  in Norfolk - we do a lot of leafleting and are curretnly in the midst of re designing, do you pop a picture of you and your guys/vans on the leaflet? Or is your colouration of leaflet your "company colours

Mrs Smudger
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience