This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick_Thompson

Commuting!
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:46:23 pm »
In time, not miles, how long would you be prepared to commute for to access your round, or if you think that you already travel for quite some time to reach your work, how long does it take you?

Cheers!

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Dave Willis

Re: Commuting!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:48:01 pm »
fifteen minutes maximum for me.

lukeg

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 05:57:23 pm »
I travel upto an hour for some parts of my round but when i get there its all compact. As long as there is a decent days work it doesn't matter to me. I would travel further if the work was right.

trippyboy

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 06:22:19 pm »
Don't need to travel very far in Bristol,must be 6 billion panes of glass within 20 mins drive from my house

Simon Mess

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 06:22:56 pm »
An hour and a bit is the furthest i have to go. It can be a pest, esp at this time year, trying to decide what the weather will be like (obviously when working that far away, you cant assume just because the weather is nice with you, it will be there!). But overall, i dont mind, and if i have had a stressful day, the drive home calms me down!. Of course the reverse would probably be the case if you have to drive through a busy town or city to get home... >:( ;)

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 06:23:49 pm »
Trimming the fat here, nothing is more than just over an hour anymore.
I like the drive there & back too.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »
I bought a round when I started up which took an hour to get there.

You got to do what you got to do.

Cost me a fortune in fuel, but it put bread on the table at the time.

C o z y

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 06:50:11 pm »
I travel upto an hour for some parts of my round but when i get there its all compact. As long as there is a decent days work it doesn't matter to me. I would travel further if the work was right.

Same here. Just under an hour for very compact work.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 07:23:28 pm »
For you chaps who are travelling for about an hour, what are you spending on fuel in a week?
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Jonny 87

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 08:29:25 pm »
£50 per week
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dannymack

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »
Off to do a job in Leicester tomorrow gonna take around  2 and a half hours as were in Essex long old drive 👳👳👳   

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 09:49:11 pm »
Off to do a job in Leicester tomorrow gonna take around  2 and a half hours as were in Essex long old drive 👳👳👳   

Should've subbed it me Danny.
I'd do a better job and you could stay in bed ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 09:50:31 pm »

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:36 pm »
I have a day's work a month 25 miles away.

The furthest I actually go at the moment is 55 miles, once a year, to do a holiday home right on the Atlantic coast. It's priced well, and it's a job I always look forward to doing.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

PoleKing

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 10:31:32 pm »
I have a day's work a month 25 miles away.

The furthest I actually go at the moment is 55 miles, once a year, to do a holiday home right on the Atlantic coast. It's priced well, and it's a job I always look forward to doing.

John

It's always good when you actually look forward to a job.

dannymack

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 11:24:32 am »
Care home done they wanted me to take another on in Wolvamhampton another hour and half drive on from Leicester then about 3 and half hour drive back to Essex I said noooooo can't do abit tooooo far !!!!
They have a windy already but as I do the bosses house and 9 other homes they said I can take this one on. The windy will be pleased he could be on here ?
👳👳👳👍