This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seldaw

BEWARE OF CONMAN
« on: January 28, 2014, 11:03:08 pm »
CONMAN I bought a window cleaning round off a chap who called himself Martin Betts I have now found that he sold the round to three different people. don't get court out he also goes by the name of martin smith. I think he is from Tumbridge wells but has also given an address in lydd. If you know of him and have any details please contact me as the police are now investigating him.

Regards
Steve 

PoleKing

Re: BEWARE OF CONMAN
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:04:36 pm »
Sorry to hear that.
Anymore details of what happened?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

James chapman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:12:28 am »
This is the guy I just warned of in the canvassing exposed post. He canvassed it for my mate Danny. Luckily whizz warned me off him..good luck getting the bloke

roundbuilder

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:43:38 am »
James did there number end in 54 or 78??
If so i have had texts from these guys asking if i want anywork in oct/nov.

johnny bravo

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:42:43 am »
you should go around all the adresses after canvassed,  or work a round with the window cleaner buying from,   you can easilly sell on a round to different people,    if your that way inclined.

keep sharp.

i have a round in billingham,    when i get a round built up nearer my area i will be selling,     but i will clean with the chap who buys,   
dont be too trusting.

was there a round to be had.   did you check it before handing cash over.

James chapman

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 11:20:42 am »
mick I cant find his number. there was a warning about him on gumtree in Nottingham I think. gave some bs story about hurting his foot and needing an operation and he was going to live with his folks for 6 months and had this work for sale round Tunbridge wells he had cleaned once.  something didn't add up though as his story wasn't quite straight.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 08:44:53 am »
CONMAN I bought a window cleaning round off a chap who called himself Martin Betts I have now found that he sold the round to three different people. don't get court out he also goes by the name of martin smith. I think he is from Tumbridge wells but has also given an address in lydd. If you know of him and have any details please contact me as the police are now investigating him.

Regards
Steve 

Sorry if it sounds that I'm adding salt in the wound abviously you have learnt your lesson now, so everyone els reading do NOT hand over money until you at least clean the round with the current window cleaner

also if its a good deal it probably isn't people don't just sell really good work for cheap that stuff takes ages to establish

If everyone understands not to run to these people with a load of money these story's won't pop up
They normally ask for a small but considerable about of money £300-£1000
As this amount is easy to hand over even thou it might put some in debt
The con men know even if you don't have it its easily obtained via Loan,family
Also if you get excited you would ask for a loan and will get it and then be in real debt

it can be easy to be cought up in it but keep telling your self , your life will not change over night no real window cleaner will sell you £500 a month good work for £1000
Don't get excited these things don't just happen

Be very wary its a jungle out there and your money is the target the fact that window cleaners work hard and take calculated risks and that most are quite egar to expand and the fact that they know how the window cleaners brain works ie £500 a month 2 months work is break even keeps us an easy target for them so fight back,
And understand that even if it was true all rounds will have its problems so above all you MUST clean it at least once

I hope the police are able to help you with getting back your money mate thanks for sharing this with everyone