This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

spotting mystery
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:08:41 am »
Guys none of the obvious answers apply here but its driving me up the wall

Im new to wfp and results so far are fine, however I tested system wkend on my own hse and ive washed same window 3 times and its still spotting slightly

Ppm is fine 000
Brush head spotless
Window normally turns up spotless

To fill the tank I have to screw off lid and put in my water hose then to fill. Do you think that slight bits of dirt are getting into water and dirtying it even if it says pppm 000.

Also is it normal practice to flush out tank on a regular basis as ive never done this

Thanks in advance guys

dazmond

Re: spotting mystery
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:22:18 am »
hi tom i always fill tank up from the top lid and ive never flushed my tank out in 3 years.

the problems with minor spotting could be dodgy rubber seals(are the spots in a line from the top of the glass?)or not rinsing enough at the bottom of the pane(spots at the bottom?)

was it windy when you wfpoled them?this could also cause spotting.

where are the spots?can you give me some more info?

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

tom20001

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:36:00 am »
Thanks daz

It was gusty I guess but surely washing them 3 times wud cure that ?

Spots are in a few places , there little runs about an inch long of spots . Like a dirty drip and icch long but are not confined to any paricular area

As for the window itself its fine mate as regard to seals as its turned up perfect before. Its my gaf  :)

Ive cleaned little filter before pump now which was a little dirty

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:40:20 am »
if it was windy i reckon dust that was being blown about has landed on the droplets before they dried causing spotting.

hope that helps mate

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

tom20001

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:44:04 am »
My tank has never actually been empty yet mwte whereas if urs was emptied it wud almost have the same efeect as flushing it out wud it?

Thanks for the help

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 12:35:08 pm »
Check your tds from the brush jets if 000 then its not your water.
If the spots are in lines then its water dripping from somewhere like a vent or drain, dust spots
would be all over the glass.
Because they came up o.k. the last time doesn't mean the seals aren't dodgy try rubbing a cloth
along the seal to see if any black dirt comes off.
Iv cleaned windows with dodgy seals one day to perfection and the next time spotting they're a real pain to
get right at times.

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 12:39:43 pm »
Nothing's cleaning up properly in my area at the moment. It's all the dirt those storms have blown in. Doesn't matter how much I scrub or rinse - it ain't shifting. I've got water marks runs and spots and millions of grey specks on the glass. It's passable but only just!

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 04:34:14 pm »
If your water is 000 it won't be from any tank residue. Half a handful of dust thrown into a tank isn't going to affect the PPM. We talk in PARTS PER MILLION on here. Think about it. Lets say your tank is 300 litres, thats three hundred thousand millilitres of water in there.

My money is on dirt in the air, wind, how close are you to tress. Or the seal on the window. Don't worry too much, its only window cleaning.

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 04:51:11 pm »
If your water is 000 it won't be from any tank residue. Half a handful of dust thrown into a tank isn't going to affect the PPM. We talk in PARTS PER MILLION on here. Think about it. Lets say your tank is 300 litres, thats three hundred thousand millilitres of water in there.

My money is on dirt in the air, wind, how close are you to tress. Or the seal on the window. Don't worry too much, its only window cleaning.
It has taken me four years to get there, but Matt's advice is spot (no pun intended) on. Don't worry, it's only window cleaning.

I am of the opinion that to guarantee every piece of dirt removed on every window would take at least twice as long on every house as it does now. I do my best, balancing time and quality. When I cleaned my own windows over the weekend I noticed that I failed to remove completely a mark on the patio window. Had I noticed it whilst cleaning I would have removed it, but without a very close inspection it is impossible to see every mark. Impossible on upstairs windows and too time consuming on bottom windows.

I just do my best.

tom20001

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 05:08:11 pm »

matt i understand what your saying but the ppm refers to hardness or softness of the water . So water may be slightly dirty and ppm still acceptable?!

for the record i now also believe it was wind but just scoping everything out

also the filter between tank and pump had little bit of dirt in there which i cleaned out , cud this have add to it?

i know its only window cleaning but i want to be having 3 hols  nd niced cars like all u big boys :) ;D :P :-X

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 06:09:00 pm »
matt i understand what your saying but the ppm refers to hardness or softness of the water . PPM is a measurement of TDS. Total dissolved solids. Hard or not if you're TDS meter says zero, its zero.

for the record i now also believe it was wind but just scoping everything out

also the filter between tank and pump had little bit of dirt in there which i cleaned out , cud this have add to it? Nope, wouldn't influence it to that degree

Crack on  :D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 06:47:47 pm »
Just don't worry about it..get out there and  splish...splash...give me the cash and dash ;D

tom20001

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:19 pm »
Just don't worry about it..get out there and  splish...splash...give me the cash and dash ;D

lol

JNESTIE

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »
I have one property that causes me problems. The property is a new build and I clean the properties either side with no problems. For some reason I just cant stop the class spotting on this property. I have put it down to poor seals and trad it now.