This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

just got my di bottle and questions lol
« on: January 25, 2014, 11:54:13 am »
just got my di bottles this morning and the bloody threads were well stiff is this normal?
anyway i filled it up with the resin,looks like fairy dust lol just to the neck than pushed the tube right down and whipped it outside excited to test it while leaving a mess in the kichen for the wife and my tds is 75ppm and straight away i got 000, i had to check the tap water first to make sure the meter was working right lol,one question i have though, is resin like silicone that absorbs moisture or should i blank the snap connectors  off on top of di bottles?
one other question, im using 15mm hose pipe from tap like normal but coming out of the di bottle what fitting do i need to connect or reduce to my 8mm microbore hose?

Positivity

Re: just got my di bottle and questions lol
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:50:16 pm »
Hi
Make sure you put some Vaseline on the threads and don't over tighten you may need to pour hot water on the cap if it's really stiff when you come to change it again.
The resin sits in water all the time when the vessel is full so it won't absorb anything except ions.
Something like these if you have hozelock fittings on the DI vessel.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Standard_Plastic_End_Stops_etc.html

wfp master

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 03:02:18 pm »
just got my di bottles this morning and the bloody threads were well stiff is this normal?
anyway i filled it up with the resin,looks like fairy dust lol just to the neck than pushed the tube right down and whipped it outside excited to test it while leaving a mess in the kichen for the wife and my tds is 75ppm and straight away i got 000, i had to check the tap water first to make sure the meter was working right lol,one question i have though, is resin like silicone that absorbs moisture or should i blank the snap connectors  off on top of di bottles?
one other question, im using 15mm hose pipe from tap like normal but coming out of the di bottle what fitting do i need to connect or reduce to my 8mm microbore hose?
just leave the hozelock connectors on the d.i bottle & disconnect the one on the tap. 15mm hose from tap into d.i then 15mm out of d.i into barrel or whatever your using.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 03:11:14 pm »
How many miles of hose have you got? Are you working from your home tap?

lol

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 03:13:31 pm »
hi guys, i tried about of gt85 spray which helped a tiny bit but i got it all back together anyway! gonna struggle when its time to undo again, i only filled up to the part of the bottle where it starts to curve in, i believe thats the ideal level to fill resin up to?
as regards fittings, basically it will be between tank and pump so will be normal garden size hose from tank and then when i get a shurflow pump not sure whether that side will be garden hose size or i can fit my 8mm microbore?
regarding hose it will just be whatever length from tank in van to however i mount the bottle in the van and to pump then my microbore which is about 30-50 mtrs long!

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 03:56:26 pm »
You've probably got resin beads in the threads of the cap. Remove the cap and wash the threads out with water. When you fill your bottle put the resin in first then top up with water washing the threads off. Makes it much easier to push the riser tube down through the resin too.
Use pure water if you've got any.

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 04:23:33 pm »
lol i thougt that pal and made sure the threads were nice and clear, just really stiff for some reason!