This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

how much do u think this van is worth??
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:25:22 am »
Fiat doblo 1.3 multijet with full service done 52,000 miles. Comes with a 300 litre ionics tank, pump, controller.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

Re: how much do u think this van is worth??
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 09:35:59 am »

paul ette

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 11:14:37 am »
What year is the van

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:53:31 am »

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 12:44:48 pm »
The Ionics tank, pump and controller aren't worth anything from a commercial point of view.

IMHO 3k is rather high for the van as a buyer, although the lower mileage would be seen as a positive especially for the seller.

Have a look on ebay to see what similar vans are fetching, but you will need to exclude the pot smoking sellers.

I see someone is trying to get £2195 for a 2008 with just over twice the mileage. Someone else is asking £1495 for a 2005 with 97k on the clock, which would seem about right to me from a retail seller.

I would say that provided it is in mint condition with a full decent service history, it would be valued at around 2k for a private sale as a buyer.

It would be worth less as a trade-in, probably around £1500, unless the garage had a good profit margin across the vehicle he was selling.

Remember, it is 8 years old and having a low annual mileage doesn't mean that it will be a reliable vehicle.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Michael Peterson

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:53:10 pm »
my timing chain snapped on that van 2006 at 50k !

its been fixed since and in the 2 years ive had that van thats the only thing that went wrong, cost me 1.5k to fix it,

it would be worth around 2k i think

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 01:09:10 pm »
The Ionics tank, pump and controller aren't worth anything from a commercial point of view.

They are. Someone could buy that and be working out of it within an hour. If you want a fitted system it takes time to get it rigged up, which costs money and this is coming fitted. No wasted time, no purchase costs. This is up and going and ready to earn its keep.

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 01:14:42 pm »
Do you a straight swap...

They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 01:30:24 pm »
I reckon £2500 + with the tank/pump installed, gotta be worth £500 plus fitting time to a windie. £2000 + without.

I'd go to 3K if it had top service history and condition and "felt right".

If it's got side doors and leccy windows it helps. (SX model)

Low road tax is a bonus as is a 2000kg GVW (736kg payload) which means you can drive at car speeds on country roads and dual carriageways.

I've got a 2006/56 plate one on 38,000 miles. I ran a 400L for 5 years and pulled a 200L trailer as well for six months before getting a bigger van.

The one thing I hear about them is to be super keen on oil changes. I've only done about 5K a year since new and the independent garage I use for odd repairs (DtM does the oil/filter changes) said oil changes every year regardless of low mileage are what you need.

It's a Suzuki engine - like a little watch and relatively highly tuned - but needs those oil changes or the chain/turbo goes snap! Oh, and the clutch can be a little juddery due to stop/starts so check that.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 02:42:21 pm »

They are. Someone could buy that and be working out of it within an hour. If you want a fitted system it takes time to get it rigged up, which costs money and this is coming fitted. No wasted time, no purchase costs. This is up and going and ready to earn its keep.

I still stand by my first comment that commercially it isn't worth anything.

I understand that as an item someone will buy it on ebay. Or someone will see the van as a going concern with no fitting hassle and buy it. It will be up to him then and what he is prepared to pay for it. Each person will value that differently, depending on their circumstances and abilities. If someone bought it for 8k, that doesn't mean that it is worth that amount of money.

He wants to buy the van on it's merits and not on what's in the back.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 04:37:26 pm »
i forgot to mention the oil, like the person above did, the reason for this is that they only hold 3 litres

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 05:29:22 pm »

A window cleaner would want whats in the back.

dd

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 05:50:35 pm »
Personally I think a wfp system in a van devalues it. There is a strong possibility of leaks/spillages which can cause rust, plus the van has been carrying a heavy load on a daily basis which can lead to wear issues.

Also it means the van has a life of probably a lot of stop/start, short journeys. Does not mean it is a bad van but that the buyer should be aware of these things.

If you are trying to sell it as a window cleaning van this drastically limits your market and likely makes it more difficult to sell.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 05:52:20 pm »
not at all window cleaners are always looking for vand and when they are priced ok they always go

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 07:08:21 pm »

A window cleaner would want whats in the back.

Yes, true, but not always. If he knows the 300 liter tank is too small for his daily requirements for example, then the fitted system isn't worth anything to him.  In fact it will cost him to remove it and replace it with the size he wants. He maybe able to recoup some of his expenses by selling the system he took out, but there is hassle and risk attached to that.

When I worked in commercial sales, we would have reduced the trade-in value of a van with any fitted system like that as it reduced the customer base we were likely to sell that van to.

If you had a lease van for 3 years and decided to leave your wfp system in the back when you returned the van, the leasing company would employ someone to remove it and return the van to it's original spec. They would charge you for that. They wouldn't see the system as an asset, but rather as a liability.

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 07:17:11 pm »
Personally I think a wfp system in a van devalues it. There is a strong possibility of leaks/spillages which can cause rust, plus the van has been carrying a heavy load on a daily basis which can lead to wear issues.

Also it means the van has a life of probably a lot of stop/start, short journeys. Does not mean it is a bad van but that the buyer should be aware of these things.

If you are trying to sell it as a window cleaning van this drastically limits your market and likely makes it more difficult to sell.

I agree with you.

This is how we would have viewed it in the motor trade. I advertised my 51 plate Citroen Relay with a 650 litre tank, frame, pumps and controllers. I also advertised it on the site and got one enquiry that came to nothing.

I transferred the system to my new van and sold the old van virtually straight away - to a builder.

robertphil

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 07:46:33 pm »
1.3 , thats the weak link there .  very few go the distance

better to get the 1.9 for a longer life

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »

The 1.3 is great; punches well above it's weight and easily copes with a 400L. The 1.9 has higher road tax and takes the GVW into van territory for driving speeds.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 10:24:24 pm »

The 1.3 is great; punches well above it's weight and easily copes with a 400L. The 1.9 has higher road tax and takes the GVW into van territory for driving speeds.

What is the GVW of the 1.3 with a 765kg payload please?

My 2005 listing only shows the 1.3 with a payload of 625kgs and that has a GVW of 1905kgs. they also list the 1.9 625kg payload as a GVW of 1905kgs so something isn't right. The 1.3 will be a lighter engine when compared to the 1.9.