This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andrew wakeman

Water again
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:09:55 am »
Can u just use a brita water filter?          Is there another way to get soft water such as rain water?? If so how do you clean rain water cos its dirty. Please help thanks

Ian101

Re: Water again
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 02:16:04 am »
Can u just use a brita water filter?          Is there another way to get soft water such as rain water?? If so how do you clean rain water cos its dirty. Please help thanks

is this a serious post ? .... apologies if it is .... no u cant use a britta filter and no you just cant pour it in ... you need at least mains tap pressure

andrew wakeman

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 02:24:12 am »
Yeah it was serious i hae zero knowledge of Ro systems. Im looking for very cheap/free ways to get clean water, my land lord will not like my pumping hundreds of liters of water, my bills will go through the roof. Water treatment is putting my starting up in this business

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 02:46:57 am »
just go trad then..!

oldman

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 03:07:35 am »
So how much water do you think you could carry on your trailer/bike set-up.

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 07:24:12 am »
Wow. lol.

Use the search button!!
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 07:35:37 am »

Yes of course you can but be careful you dont drop the jug of water otherwise you will have to walk all the way back home to fill it back up .

Will you be using a sweeping brush to scrub glass  ;D ;D ;D ;D . Mike

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 12:49:05 pm »
I had a customer ask me that once some people actually think that Brita filters purify water.
Andrew get yourself a tds meter its around £17 make sure you buy one from a trusted dealer like Gardiners.
Measure the tds level of your water anything under 80 and you could get away with a D.I. system.
You could put one together for around £300 plus the price of a pole.
Yes you could use rain water if you can collect enough of it.
There are plenty of utube videos that will show you all you need to know about wfp and how to use it.

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 12:54:35 pm »
Andrew with a D.I. system you could connect it to the customers water and use as needed.

andrew wakeman

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 07:38:36 pm »
If i start up in this business i'll be a small scale operation as its a wage boostr not a main full time work. I already have a job in retail but you never know when your hours might be cut. Thanks for the advice guys i appreciate it.

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 12:39:05 am »