This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Do you think hot is faster?
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:49:50 pm »
I know everyone says hot is faster, and i agree to a certain extent. Only slightly tho, theres only so fast you can go with the brush :)

However, when people say they are earning more money with hot, i can honestly say yes it does, not thru speed but thru being able to stay out for those extra few houses. I remember sometimes towards end of day not wanting to do any more, i just carry on now till dark. Those "i cant be bothered to do a few more" thoughts seem to have gone.

Hot is defo worth it. I love it  ;)

Clever Forum Name

Re: Do you think hot is faster?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:52:26 pm »
That's good then. I always say just one more. Just one more. So don't suffer with early days.

We have out first hot van soon coming. Cannot bloody wait :D

LWC

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:53:49 pm »
That's good then. I always say just one more. Just one more. So don't suffer with early days.

Youll be out past dark lol

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:08:40 pm »

H2O, bit of a nosey one but do you and your dad run your vans out of the same business (are you a partner/employee) or is your van your own business?
(Feel free to tell me to do one if you dont want to say) ;D
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:11:47 pm »

H2O, bit of a nosey one but do you and your dad run your vans out of the same business (are you a partner/employee) or is your van your own business?

Separate companies mate, he has his business i have mine. We share work, and staff. Gets confusing sometimes, but as long as we get paper work sorted then all is ok :)

AHhhhaaarrr

and when i say "we have our first hot van coming" that is MY VAN. nothing todo with dad lol. He aint touching it.

Have decided to have someone with me full time :)

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 06:17:32 pm »

Separate companies mate, he has his business i have mine. We share work, and staff. Gets confusing sometimes, but as long as we get paper work sorted then all is ok :)

Fair one :) sorry if bit nosey just wondered :D
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 06:20:31 pm »

Fair one :) sorry if bit nosey just wondered :D

Don't bother me mate, nothing to hide :)

We run two very small WFP companies :)

Tony dunmall

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »
Hot not only faster, it's just easier less scrubbing less effort

If you want to work longer later,not the point you  can do that with cold

Pit both against each other hot just makes life easier

But it comes with an expense is it worth the cost depends on what value you put on making life easier

I would sooner make it as easy as possible and yet still make a good income

jarvy

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 08:24:41 pm »
Imo it does not make it quicker.
Seems to dry quicker though.
I do like hot though, if only to keep hoses manageable and less chance of the hose freezing on the ground if it is that cold.
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 09:21:58 am »
As above really. You get the impression it's faster but unless your technique changes dramatically (scrub less) then it never will be.

It's far more comfortable to use and strangely, the time that cleaning is actually faster is during the hotter months when bird strikes are more common and the dreaded snail trails are present. By then of course my hot system is usually  switched off as it seems a waste of gas.

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 01:49:40 pm »
Its not faster, you work more, No more hand heating breaks, Less temptation to bug out early..
Better on spider webs, snail trails and attached crap. and I find it makes a noticeable difference to the lustre on the glass.. White looks whiter on the frames .

I love it, and If my current heating system dies I will spend big money replacing it..

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 05:21:34 pm »
It's not faster, you work more, no more hand heating breaks, less temptation to bug out early.
Better on spider webs, snail trails and attached crap. I find it makes a noticeable difference to the lustre on the glass. White looks whiter on the frames.

I love it, and If my current heating system dies I will spend big money replacing it..

You contradicted your first statement on the second sentence.  :)

Hot is faster, if you adjust your technique.

PoleKing

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 05:26:02 pm »
Hot is definitely quicker.
Melts bird turds & spider gunk quicker so you can move onto the next pane quicker.
And, as already said, it's much much nicer to work with. If I run out of gas on a cold day it seems twice as hard cleaning and reeling in! (It isn't-just feels it)
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

wfp master

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 07:05:54 pm »
the speed i work at the friction of the brush bristles heats my cold water up.
makes no difference to me. ;) I AM THE MASTER