This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

Tap tds 175 well tds 320 please read post
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:31:40 pm »
Mt tap tds 175 I'm about to go on a water meter,I have a well In my . garden which I have fitted a well pump to but the tds is 320 ,the pressure at the well pump tap is very good,with the tds being higher does that shorten the life of the 4040 ro membrane ? If yes to protect the ro would it be better to change pre filters  6 /8 weeks instead of 12 weekly ish
Also is 320 tds high or do others have it higher,bearing in mind the well water is natural will it have more crap in it ?  Do you get higher tds due to crap in water or is natural water different. Hop that makes sense,finding it awkward to explain where I'm coming from

Ian Lancaster

Re: Tap tds 175 well tds 320 please read post
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:55:27 pm »
you won't need the carbon pre filter - that's to remove the chlorine the water companies put in to kill any microbes.

I would use two sediment filters as there will probably be more solids in suspension (as opposed to dissolved)

320 is not especially high - ours is at least that and a 40-40 membrane lasts 2-3 years on a 2:1 waste ratio with a Clarke booster pump.

Are you allowed to draw water for commercial use?  I would check with your local water authority first - I know you can apply to have a borehole on your property but you are only allowed to use the water for non-potable domestic purposes.

colin bird

Re: Tap tds 175 well tds 320 please read post
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 07:37:56 am »
you won't need the carbon pre filter - that's to remove the chlorine the water companies put in to kill any microbes.

I would use two sediment filters as there will probably be more solids in suspension (as opposed to dissolved)

320 is not especially high - ours is at least that and a 40-40 membrane lasts 2-3 years on a 2:1 waste ratio with a Clarke booster pump.

Are you allowed to draw water for commercial use?  I would check with your local water authority first - I know you can apply to have a borehole on your property but you are only allowed to use the water for non-potable domestic purposes.
thanks for reply much appreciated,will do some research