Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mgba_78

Gotta love this - New pricing on one offs!
« on: January 21, 2014, 06:05:23 pm »
So like everyone you get a call for a one off job quote it, then turn up a few days later to do it and it turns out to be a bit more of a ball ache than you first thought.
Im not talking of under pricing im talking about youre cleaning years of muck and usinng loads of water and its just messy!

Example 1
Custy:  Can you quote for gutter and fascia clean (not clear out), window clean, conny roof and conny clean

Me: No probs £70

Custy: Brilliant fit me in ASAP

Got the job and done it last week, it actually took about an hour to do for 2 of us but we had a prob with the van in that the hand brake broke earlier that day and was using wedges under wheels until garage could sort and the battery on the van was fubar'd so we had to keep van running to enable pumps to work!!!   ::)roll

The job was a tiny middle terrace of three houses and the gutter run was about 5m and the back had no lower windows just the conny which was about 4m wide.  The muck on the conny was a right ball ache to get off and just a pain to lean all round really!!

So got a call today from a woman who wanted a one off clean, windows, conny and conny roof.  Now remembering how much carnage the other one was as still fresh in our minds turned up and decided to go hardcore and price better for us! So i said will be around £70 but we'll call round and give a definite conformation on price, she seemed well happy and sort of said we could do it!
Simple, but big 3 bed semi 8 or 9 windows on the front, simple lean to conny on back with another 10 windows and a couple on side and a door.  Quality UPVC frames on the lot.

So we thought ok really its probably a £40-£50 job take about 45 mins to do and its near loads of other work, i text said custy and say, we can clean all he windows and the conny and roof it will be £70 was a correct quote.

Text back then says, thanks for quote but i have got another quote of £25 for the same work to be done!!

Errr good luck to who ever got it ;D

Oooooo that is shiny!!

bobplum

Re: Gotta love this - New pricing on one offs!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:17:37 pm »
i must admit, i know you should go and look at the house, unless im there or there a bouts i never look now, simply due to time wasters, so i always price slightly higher on the phone
if someone wants to do that for £25 then good luck to them

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:04:37 pm »
So like everyone you get a call for a one off job quote it, then turn up a few days later to do it and it turns out to be a bit more of a ball ache than you first thought.
Im not talking of under pricing im talking about youre cleaning years of muck and usinng loads of water and its just messy!

Example 1
Custy:  Can you quote for gutter and fascia clean (not clear out), window clean, conny roof and conny clean

Got the job and done it last week, it actually took about an hour to do for 2 of us but we had a prob with the van in that the hand brake broke earlier that day and was using wedges under wheels until garage could sort and the battery on the van was fubar'd so we had to keep van running to enable pumps to work!!!   ::)roll

The job was a tiny middle terrace of three houses and the gutter run was about 5m and the back had no lower windows just the conny which was about 4m wide.  The muck on the conny was a right ball ache to get off and just a pain to lean all round really!!

So got a call today from a woman who wanted a one off clean, windows, conny and conny roof.  Now remembering how much carnage the other one was as still fresh in our minds turned up and decided to go hardcore and price better for us! So i said will be around £70 but we'll call round and give a definite conformation on price, she seemed well happy and sort of said we could do it!
Simple, but big 3 bed semi 8 or 9 windows on the front, simple lean to conny on back with another 10 windows and a couple on side and a door.  Quality UPVC frames on the lot.

So we thought ok really its probably a £40-£50 job take about 45 mins to do and its near loads of other work, i text said custy and say, we can clean all he windows and the conny and roof it will be £70 was a correct quote.

Text back then says, thanks for quote but i have got another quote of £25 for the same work to be done!!

We charge a min of £55 for a window one off and £90 min for a conny roof one off..  so with fascias etc it would have been a lot higher.

granted we wouldnt have got this one, but we get about 40-60% of them over the phone, and they have to pay up front to book it in. 

means when we do get a one off job we are really happy to go out of our way for them.

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:07:25 pm »

Example 1

We charge a min of £55 for a window one off and £90 min for a conny roof one off..  so with fascias etc it would have been a lot higher.

granted we wouldnt have got this one, but we get about 40-60% of them over the phone, and they have to pay up front to book it in. 

means when we do get a one off job we are really happy to go out of our way for them.

Minimum?! Blimy Rich, that is expensive! Fair play if you're getting half of them.
+1 on the prepayment though. Sorts the wheat from the chaff
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 07:13:53 pm »

Example 1

Minimum?! Blimy Rich, that is expensive! Fair play if you're getting half of them.

I THINK HE MEANS IN REGARDS TO "A WINDOW ONE OFF"  THE WHOLE HOUSE ........NOT A WINDOW :D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 07:15:05 pm »
a one off gutter/fascia clean and conny roof and windows would be an absolute minimum of £120.thats at least 2 hours hard work!!probably 2 and a half hours,maybe 3!upwards of £150 if really dirty.

your prices are way too low IMO for all that work.they are hard work and use loads of water.
price higher/work harder!

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 07:15:18 pm »

Example 1

I THINK HE MEANS IN REGARDS TO "A WINDOW ONE OFF"  THE WHOLE HOUSE ........NOT A WINDOW :D

I got that. Thanks for having my back though.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 07:18:39 pm »

Example 1

;D ;D ;D ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 08:02:01 pm »

Example 1

what would you charge Darren for the one off

mgba_78

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:27 pm »
a one off gutter/fascia clean and conny roof and windows would be an absolute minimum of £120.thats at least 2 hours hard work!!probably 2 and a half hours,maybe 3!upwards of £150 if really dirty.

your prices are way too low IMO for all that work.they are hard work and use loads of water.

Mate the house was tiny

Infact after a little google and as if by magic    this is said house!  (just come off the market)

This is the front, its the middle terrace.
It took 2 of us an hour!  Dont get me wrong most of our work is better priced than this but we tagged it on a short day so its an EXTRA £70

So we only cleaned the middle part of the fascia and guttering.
TBH i think she would of paid up to £100 as when quoted £70 she didnt bat an eyelid! 

Oooooo that is shiny!!

MWC

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 08:49:20 pm »
Don't justify your own prices to anyone.

All the time you see people saying I charge this min and I charge £250 to do the toilet window extra.........yawn!

I have a huge pole and massive tank and earn thousands a day

Barry Bullshi

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 09:02:03 pm »

Example 1

I don't have a minimum price Bob.
The one off on the op's pic, probably £40.
But I thought Richard was saying his minimum (across the board) price for a one off was £55? Sorry if I'm wrong...
£55 as a one off for that is ok by my book though.

mgba_78

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 08:15:28 am »
Don't justify your own prices to anyone.

All the time you see people saying I charge this min and I charge £250 to do the toilet window extra.........yawn!

I have a huge pole and massive tank and earn thousands a day

Barry Bullshi

I know i know ::)roll  Went all Jackie Chan for a minute doesnt normally bother me!
Cant help it sometimes.

Funny you sould mention that toilet window as i would do it for less than £251!  :P
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 08:45:39 am »

Example 1

But I thought Richard was saying his minimum (across the board) price for a one off was £55? Sorry if I'm wrong...

Hi!

Yes min price for a one off is £55.  It means we only tend to get end of rental cleans, commercial buildings cleans, or organised thru estate agents
iSparkle Window Cleaning

PoleKing

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 05:54:10 pm »

Example 1

Hi!

Yes min price for a one off is £55.  It means we only tend to get end of rental cleans, commercial buildings cleans, or organised thru estate agents

Fair play to you!

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 05:59:10 pm »
Don't do one offs!!!! If I did it would be 3 times value of normal clean as it takes twice as long so only gaining the profit of one normal clean so not worth the hassle. If it was gonna be a regular customer and was filthy then I would charge double which is only fair.