Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe Bromley

You've been made redundant...
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:41:39 am »
... You have been given 2 x months wages as a golden hand shake, you can't find a PAYE job but you need to make £2.5k a month to keep your family housed and fed...

What do you do to start up a new venture to make money (legally of course)?

Ian101

Re: You've been made redundant...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:10:59 pm »
Piece of cake .... in simlair situation myself 4 years ago except I left job .......  not sacked / finished up.

I found a part time job working from 3am to 8am 4 days a week packing frozen food vans then canvassed and cleaned for rest of day ... this job brought in £600 a month.

did some part time bar work for a mate who owns a pub and this brought in £400 a month.

Had some customers for windows and this brought in another £500 a month

I financed a monthly shortfall of £1000 on overdraft and credit card and within 6 months I was making enough to cover my bills ... the overdraft and cards got paid off over next year ... maybe not the most financially astute way to do it but it worked for me.

James Bulton

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:28:36 pm »
That was four years ago its not that easy these days.So many out there just like you. But if you a determined.It will work and it will take time. I would get some part time work and build the window as a future long term plan.
What did you do that you have just finished up as.Give some background of yourself.

Positivity

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:47:01 pm »

“He that hath wife and children hath given hostages to fortune; for they are impediments to great enterprises, either of virtue or mischief.”
Francis Bacon

With a family to support window cleaning is not an easy option to start out from scratch - you could buy work is my advice-  if you really want to do window cleaning -  and keep a roof over your head in the early days.
How about one of these franchises promoted on here?

Joe Bromley

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:34:52 am »
Thanks for the responses and the concern too - I should point out though that I'm not in that position myself; just interested to see what people would do should the gun be pointed at your head.

mgba_78

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 09:50:50 am »
... You have been given 2 x months wages as a golden hand shake, you can't find a PAYE job but you need to make £2.5k a month to keep your family housed and fed...

What do you do to start up a new venture to make money (legally of course)?

Similar to how i started! 
Low cost set up and an instant return it had to be window cleaning!!!!

I walked out of my £30k+ job 8 years a go, I got a months wages, and six weeks  holiday all paid in a lump sum.
I borrowed £5k from my mortgage, sold one of our cars so i then had over £10k in the bank to play with, but no income!!

I got a van £3k, trad equip £500 and sat on the rest whilst i built up some work.
It went something like this, bills were around £1500 per month so i needed to get work quick sharp!

Month one i got £500 of work, month 2 i was up to £800 month and so on till eventually after the first year i was doing the same as my net income from my job.
Obviously starting any business is scary after having the security of a monthly pay slip  but window cleaning with the low set up cost and instant return was woth a least a shot and now glad that i did it!!

Oooooo that is shiny!!