Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Airflex Pro custom in sereis Motors
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »
Just would like to get as many people's opinion as possible on which motors should be in the Airflex pro custom In series machine according to their website.

I'm under the impression it should have two Electro motors one HD and the other standard.

I got my info from here http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Airflow_Versus_Waterlift.html

Is this correct?

john martin

Re: Airflex Pro custom in sereis Motors
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 07:47:02 pm »
Just would like to get as many people's opinion as possible on which motors should be in the Airflex pro custom In series machine according to their website.

I'm under the impression it should have two Electro motors one HD and the other standard.

I got my info from here http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Airflow_Versus_Waterlift.html

Is this correct?

Yes , think so ...  at least the ones in the video that measures 17hg and 117cfm are .
But you might have to select those motors during order .

Not sure if his yellow ball test tells the whole story in that ... a wand is not sitting mid-air  ...  its stuck into a dense moist carpet where airflow is severely restricted and under which conditions increased lift maintains airflow .

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:32:13 pm »
Yes the video seems to verify it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgvS0xSeufQ

john martin

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:32:04 pm »

Did u get a Pro custom  ... what do u think of it ?

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:59 pm »
Yes I did get a Pro Custom and I am very impressed so far. I have had one little problem that it had Lamb motors in it rather than the Electro Motors. It was just a misunderstanding and Cleansmart are sending me a whole new manifold with the Electro Motors fitted which I can swap over, so A+ for customer service.

I did briefly try it out with the less powerful Lamb motors and it felt considerably more powerful than my ninja. It must  be because of the less restrictive design. It should be very good with the Electro motors. The Westpac wand is also better than my old wand which came with the Ninja (Not sure what make it is).

Cant wait to give it ago actually cleaning some carpet. When I do I will give a full review.

Rob

Craigp

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »
John Martin or anyone else, I have a twin vac Airflex Pro, can it be upgraded to triple vac?

Can I do it myself, is it an easy job, I see I'd need another switch.

john martin

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »
John Martin or anyone else, I have a twin vac Airflex Pro, can it be upgraded to triple vac?

Can I do it myself, is it an easy job, I see I'd need another switch.

If there is place on the metal mounting plate for another vac on the Pro then you could just drill another hole with a hole saw ... and place the third vac onto it on a gasket alongside the others secured in place with bolts .
You would really have to run another cord for the new vac and place a switch inline  ... or dont have a switch and just have it come on when u plug in if its simpler for u  .

As u  have probably  seen cleansmart have an external booster specifically for the Pro ...  i dont know if all the Pros came with the port needed to plug in the booster .
 But if yours has it would be a simple solution if u dont mind an external booster . Or you could make the booster yourself at little cost ...

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 09:43:05 pm »
If you want more power and you like the parallel set up you could change your motors for two ametek 6.6 then you would have a storm, this would require less modification.

As John has said the Pro has a port in the back for a booster this would be the simplest way of adding an extra motor. I plan to make a booster box with two Electro motors on series to use with the booster port. This will give Mytee Escape like performance for longer hose runs.

john martin

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:51:34 pm »
If you want more power and you like the parallel set up you could change your motors for two ametek 6.6 then you would have a storm, this would require less modification.

As John has said the Pro has a port in the back for a booster this would be the simplest way of adding an extra motor. I plan to make a booster box with two Electro motors on series to use with the booster port. This will give Mytee Escape like performance for longer hose runs.

Thats great   ..    thats exactly what i would do  , and what the manufactures should be offering .    Mytee is the only one offering such a booster  even though its two cords extra and a load of hassle in the USA 120v ...  no excuse here , just one cord .

Richard Cole

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 01:19:26 pm »
Just out of interest does anyone know how the Custom Pro compares to the Storm? (which i have)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Robin Ray

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 01:29:38 pm »
From what I can see the storm has two Ametek 6.6 motors and a 800 psi pump.
The Airflex Pro custom can have either two 1200 watt motors, or 1 1200 and 1 1400 watt motor, or 1 standard Electro motor and 1 hd Electro motor. Any of these options can be mounted either in parallel or series. There is also options to have pumps ranging from 135psi up to 400psi.

I personally have opted for The electro motors in series with a 400ps pump. Not every ones preference in a machine but thats the whole point of being able to customise.

Craigp

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 06:31:26 pm »
Mine must be lamb motors then, (I have twin vac 600psi Pro)

TBH the suction feels a bit weak, I think running 2" hose all the way helped today but I don't like running it up stairs, maybe thats just because my hose is dirty from TM use. A new hose for solely indoors would be ok.

Why is the 'hd electro' more powerful, and why not just fit them to all airflex?

john martin

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 07:10:42 pm »
Mine must be lamb motors then, (I have twin vac 600psi Pro)

TBH the suction feels a bit weak, I think running 2" hose all the way helped today but I don't like running it up stairs, maybe thats just because my hose is dirty from TM use. A new hose for solely indoors would be ok.

Why is the 'hd electro' more powerful, and why not just fit them to all airflex?

Because it has a 1650w motor  .
In a three stage motor the bigger the motor in watts the more lift it has .
A 1200w has about  120" lift
A 1400w has about  137" lift
A 1650w has close to 150"lift

Electro has also used a tapered fan design in some of its motors which improves airflow .

The 6.6 is a 1600w motor  ,  however because its a two stage its lift is limited .. it produces little more than the 1200w three stage .... however the design with tapered fan gives very good airflow .

Why not use the HD Electro in all Airflex ?  
Partly because they ( manufactures ) seem reluctant to fit two on the one cord  .
You could have them in two cord version of the Airflex insted of the 6.6 .
No one in the UK has produced a machine like that yet  ....  in the states Mytee does this in its LTD5 /1005DX models  ... other Mytees LTD3 etc use a 1400w motor .

The 6.6 has been a strong selling point over here so manufactures are perhaps reluctant to offer that option after investing in marketing the 6.6 in a two cord machine like the Storm .

The pro custom ( the version Robin is getting and the one in the video above)  is an exact copy of the Enforcer ...  Cleansmart seem to have cloned the Enforcer after getting their hands on it during the Youtube dispute .

It design sets out to maximize the vacuum on one cord ( to 13amps ) by using one 1650w Electro and one 1200w Electro and a 400psi pump    .While using cord two for the largest water heater they are allowed to fit on one cord (3000W) 13amps .

Comparing it to the Storm is difficult  ...
The storm has 130" lift  and 275CFM
The Custom inseries has about  240" lift and 117cfm

Which is likely to be the better machine depends on the user ...
Do you need the big heavy 800psi pump if 400psi works fine ..
Would  the convenience of inbuilt inline heater be better than hauling an external heater around or making do with tap water .

Craigp

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 07:38:01 pm »
I agree 400psi is plenty, thats the max I would use on my TM for carpets, anymore is over wetting imo.

I use less psi on the Airflex because the suction is low and is not enough for 400psi, I'd say 300psi is max for the vacuum. otherwise drying times will be to long.

I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the vacuum on the Airflex.

Robin Ray

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 08:06:06 pm »
The lift on the custom with the Lamb motors is exceptional it should be even better with the Electro motors without starting a big debate over the matter, after using both setups I really think series is the way to go for portables, imo of course.

john martin

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 08:36:20 pm »
I agree 400psi is plenty, thats the max I would use on my TM for carpets, anymore is over wetting imo.

I use less psi on the Airflex because the suction is low and is not enough for 400psi, I'd say 300psi is max for the vacuum. otherwise drying times will be to long.

I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the vacuum on the Airflex.

Perhaps yours had 1200w motors  ?...  usually have a plastic horn .
Im sure some sort of upgrade could be sorted .
Either get a inseries manifold with electros like robin .
Or u could chance getting two HD electros ( alltec have them in their online shop )
and just try them on one cord as a direct replacment  ... i cant see it tripping anything but i could be wrong ... they are 7 amps each so with the pump (400) id say about 15 amps max ... decreasing if anything during use .
i wouldnt mix a 1200w and a HD in parallel as you will probably get the lift of the weakest motor overall .