Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

Re: 1st day WFP from trad
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 07:15:14 pm »
If have not rinsed the frames enough you will get some residual dirt coming down .

You say you are not rinsing from top of glass , Their is your answer every inch of glass and frames needs to given a good rinse to make sure you have rinsed away all the dirt .

You must always rinse from top of glass all the years you have been trad detergent gets behind window seals and needs a good rinse to be certain their is non left in their .

Along with that flow rate plays apart you must have a really good flow not to fast not to slow to ensure you are able to rinse efficiently ,

After a good scrubbing with brush it is all about the RINSE . Mike

tom20001

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 07:17:29 pm »
If have not rinsed the frames enough you will get some residual dirt coming down .

You say you are not rinsing from top of glass , Their is your answer every inch of glass and frames needs to given a good rinse to make sure you have rinsed away all the dirt .

You must always rinse from top of glass all the years you have been trad detergent gets behind window seals and needs a good rinse to be certain their is non left in their .

Along with that flow rate plays apart you must have a really good flow not to fast not to slow to ensure you are able to rinse efficiently ,

After a good scrubbing with brush it is all about the RINSE . Mike

that top inch of the glass i wash and rinse while cleaning frames

then when cleaning and rinsing glass i clean below this top inch

Mike #1

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 07:22:13 pm »
Assuming you are using cold water and a van mount with 100mtrs of microbore and a brush with 2mm pencil jets then i would say it may be possible your flow rate is to low .

Personally after the cleaning and rinsing of frames first ,   I then scrub the glass and  i always rinse from the top edge of every pane of glass cleaned to ensure glass dries spotless . Mike

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 07:23:38 pm »
002ppm and my tds meter just fell in the bowl i was using to test it and wont work anymore!  >:(

tip = use the tiny base cup of the tds meter to measure your water quality.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

tom20001

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 07:25:00 pm »
Assuming you are using cold water and a van mount with 100mtrs of microbore and a brush with 2mm pencil jets then i would say it may be possible your flow rate is to low .

Personally after the cleaning and rinsing of frames first ,   I then scrub the glass and  i always rinse from the top edge of every pane of glass cleaned to ensure glass dries spotless . Mike

but once the seals get wet again do you not get more run offs down the glass mike, causing streaks

thanks mate, this is stressing me out!

tom20001

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:09 pm »
002ppm and my tds meter just fell in the bowl i was using to test it and wont work anymore!  >:(

tip = use the tiny base cup of the tds meter to measure your water quality.

thanks mate i will in future

drying my meter now on radiator, will it ever work again?!!!!!!!!!!

Mike #1

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 08:00:08 pm »
The idea about using Pure Water System  is to get the frames and glass sterile with the cleaning of pure water.

As long as the frames and glass have been cleaned and rinsed  throughly then you will no issues at all. Mike

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 08:18:09 pm »
If you can trad that piece of glass to rule out its not just poor glass.

When I switched it opened my eyes to how much crap glass there is,I think we notice it a lot more than customer we have a good eye,doing this for a living.

Spots can be ingrained in glass.

Jonny 87

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 09:59:12 pm »
If you can trad that piece of glass to rule out its not just poor glass.

When I switched it opened my eyes to how much crap glass there is,I think we notice it a lot more than customer we have a good eye,doing this for a living.

Spots can be ingrained in glass.

I was going to say the exact same.

When I switched over I checked some windows and thought they were spotted all over when I looked at them a certain way (with the sun directly behind you, or street light)

I was so bothered about it that I did them again trad and realised it was little spots all over the glass that could not be cleaned off. It was erosion or a deposit of some sort.

I had been cleaning them for years and never even noticed.

When we were trad we didn't take a blind bit of notice, just soap it up, blade it off. Window dry, then moved on. Now I think we can be far too critical with ourselves and paranoid.

Check to see if those marks come off with a cloth tom. If they do, then it's a water/technique problem. If they can't be shifted then you know they have been there a while. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

tom20001

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 10:19:06 pm »
how agressive pressure wise on a scale of 1 to 10 wud u guys say u were when scrubbing the glass?

id say i was bout 3/4 out of ten.... maybe bit light nd too nice with the glass?!!!

thanks jonny good point but im just trying to start as i mean to continue

u 100% right bout being paranoid and looking spots..thats certainly me :)

Pure Shine

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, 10:31:39 pm »
Your flow rate seems a little low I would recommend at least 30 to 35 I find this a good amount to rinse consistently.

matthewprice

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2014, 11:08:52 pm »
Good luck it is hard to change over some won't like it no matter what you do , but it will get easier . I  use 2mm jets  usually 4 of these  and a flow rate of 77

DeLuce

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 06:14:13 pm »
how agressive pressure wise on a scale of 1 to 10 wud u guys say u were when scrubbing the glass?

id say i was bout 3/4 out of ten.... maybe bit light nd too nice with the glass?!!!

I'd say that your pressure on the glass is about right. You don't need to >:( mulla the glass at all. Gentle pressure should be fine unless you encounter a particularly stubborn piece of crap!  ;D
If you exert too much pressure, you'll only end up bending your bristles on the brush quicker than normal and wasting your energy.
It seems that you're very conscientious, so you'll be ok m8. Enjoy the crack  ;D

Mike #1

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 06:20:05 pm »
Good luck it is hard to change over some won't like it no matter what you do , but it will get easier . I  use 2mm jets  usually 4 of these  and a flow rate of 77

You must be water logging peoples gardens with that amount of water , I Use 1mm pencil jets aka Clarkes 1mm welding tips fits perfectly straight into Gardiners brushes . Mike

dave0123

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 06:28:14 pm »
I use the flow meters spring use

i have 60 meters of microbore hose.. use the jets gardiners supply as standard (not sure what size they are) and i have mine on 21-24 that's not for first cleans though .
Dave.

tom20001

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 06:58:22 pm »

I'd say that your pressure on the glass is about right. You don't need to >:( mulla the glass at all. Gentle pressure should be fine unless you encounter a particularly stubborn piece of crap!  ;D
If you exert too much pressure, you'll only end up bending your bristles on the brush quicker than normal and wasting your energy.
It seems that you're very conscientious, so you'll be ok m8. Enjoy the crack  ;D

ha ha will tho :)

thanks mate

tom20001

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 06:59:51 pm »
I use the flow meters spring use

i have 60 meters of microbore hose.. use the jets gardiners supply as standard (not sure what size they are) and i have mine on 21-24 that's not for first cleans though .

i tried 30 last night and glass came up perfect :)

i think my flow was too low

thanks guys

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 07:08:35 pm »
Tom  - Im sure I told you about leaving an inch or so from the top frame when rinsing?

This is correct.

You give the frame a really good going over, then give the glass a good going over, then rinse leaving the inch from the top of frame.

Yes people can argue that if the frame is clean then there is no need to leave the inch, but no point even risking the run marks.

If you clean ALL frames on the whole house first, then go back and clean the glass on the first window (frame should be basiclly dry ish), then rinse with you inch gap... bobs ya uncle and zero chance of water drips/runs.

cha ching ££$$  ;)

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 08:32:06 pm »
Tom  - Im sure I told you about leaving an inch or so from the top frame when rinsing?

This is correct.

You give the frame a really good going over, then give the glass a good going over, then rinse leaving the inch from the top of frame.

Yes people can argue that if the frame is clean then there is no need to leave the inch, but no point even risking the run marks.

If you clean ALL frames on the whole house first, then go back and clean the glass on the first window (frame should be basiclly dry ish), then rinse with you inch gap... bobs ya uncle and zero chance of water drips/runs.

cha ching ££$$  ;)

Leave an inch from the top of the frame, or leave an inch between the frame and the top of the glass?  Occasionally, on one or two windows each day there are spots in the corner where a few dirty water droplets have dried but I can't work out where I'm going wrong to stop this happening (it's not the water), though I am only my second wfp clean of each house from trad.

Today I cleaned three downstairs hopper windows three slightly different ways, to see which worked best - two came up really well, one had the spots in the corner.  I can't remember which way I cleaned each one smh!   ::)roll