Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

1st day WFP from trad
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:43 pm »
as title says just home from 1st day getting paid wfp

arms lot more tired than usual! but enjoyed it and initially i thought people might have frowned upon this method i think it might well work out to be the opposite. I think people are interested in it, neighbour passers by etc and i think sooner or later they will try it themselves and become customers....i could be wrong but thats my perception from today :)

on the down side im using way too much water trying to get job perfect, taking way too long trying to get job right( longer than i was trad in some cases) but thats to be expected for a beginner. Despite some quality issues while i was practicing over the last week i think i might be after getting the hang of it now ie.... drips are the devil :)

if any1 else starting or looking to improve their technique i found videos on youtube under the title futureofcleaning.com very helpful and explains the concept of wfp clearly as well which i think is important

fingers crossed no cal backs from today!!!!!!!! :)

Simon Mess

Re: 1st day WFP from trad
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:42:08 pm »
It will come quick enough, you will get faster and faster, and end up why you didn't change sooner! ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:56:44 pm »
Imo first cleans should take longer than trad but you reap the benefits from then onwards ;D

kempy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:10:06 pm »
Nice one , easier than tradding in this weather with the dampness and overcast

Good luck , get some good advice on here and the window-tools-com forum

Keep it up
Arms be ok after a few weeks

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 04:54:44 pm »
There will be a time soon where you begrudge taking a ladder off to do a balcony or etc. ;D ;D
Dave.

tom20001

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:57:16 pm »
There will be a time soon where you begrudge taking a ladder off to do a balcony or etc. ;D ;D

thanks lads for all the kind words :)

still going round like a paranoid lunatic looking for spotting tho, id hate to lose good custies becoz of teething problems changing over

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 05:05:28 pm »
I always give a quick check even now after cleaning specially first cleans just to make sure pick the odd window at random. Although there not 100% dry you will get to know if they will dry good or not by experience.

And on those summer days the windows will more than likely be dry before you leave anyway  :)
Dave.

tom20001

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »
what flow rate do you guys use?

i was using 22...... scrub frames leave for few mins, come back scrub glass up and down twice, then rinsing with brush on the glass in side to side motion down the window, then rinsing slowly  with brush off glass but im noticing some small spotting on my own house still :(

help

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 05:40:12 pm »

i was using 22...... scrub frames leave for few mins, come back scrub glass up and down twice, then rinsing with brush on the glass in side to side motion down the window, then rinsing slowly  with brush off glass but im noticing some small spotting on my own house still :(

help

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Would you say the spotting on your own house was worse than the odd smear you used to leave?  ;D

tom20001

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 05:42:10 pm »

Would you say the spotting on your own house was worse than the odd smear you used to leave?  ;D
[/quote]

i would mate    :(

its wee little spots all over the window i done this morn, i dont get it..water is perfect . i spent time on it and rinsed it well ???

Pure Shine

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 06:08:09 pm »
I found wen I changed over normaly on the first and second clean light spotting in places but im sure your aware one they have had a good couple of cleans and u get all the impurities out its all plain sailing .u need to have faith in your kit and maybe explain to customers that on the first clean there maybe small amounts of spotting. Not to insult u but once u have cleaned frames and glass are u rinsing down from top of glass or above .I found despite cleaning all the frames the lip obove the opener on window holds impurities so try and rinse from top of glass .once u get going u will earn more in less time :) .good luck .

SeanK

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 06:13:37 pm »
If its small spots all over the window then its the water or weather.
Even done badly you wont get spotting all over the glass.

kempy

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 06:20:19 pm »
Where u life
Someone come round and show you

tom20001

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 06:55:52 pm »
I found wen I changed over normaly on the first and second clean light spotting in places but im sure your aware one they have had a good couple of cleans and u get all the impurities out its all plain sailing .u need to have faith in your kit and maybe explain to customers that on the first clean there maybe small amounts of spotting. Not to insult u but once u have cleaned frames and glass are u rinsing down from top of glass or above .I found despite cleaning all the frames the lip obove the opener on window holds impurities so try and rinse from top of glass .once u get going u will earn more in less time :) .good luck .

i clean frames then leave for a bit, then scrub glass but being careful not too touch top seal on glass, then i scrub in sideways fashion with rush on glass,  then rinse with brush off glass, from bout an inch down from top of glass

tom20001

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 06:57:52 pm »
If its small spots all over the window then its the water or weather.
Even done badly you wont get spotting all over the glass.

it was gusty but im goin to check water now again :)

the window im talking about was cleaned this morning...ive checked it several times at it looked spotless...tonight tho there is a streetlight shining onit a certain way and watever way this light is shining on it i can see small spots ...surely this shudnt be the case?!

tom20001

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »
Where u life
Someone come round and show you

im in dublin mate

ive looked at bout 20 youtube vids nd think my tecknique is alright thats why its annoying me  >:(

tom20001

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 07:08:58 pm »
002ppm and my tds meter just fell in the bowl i was using to test it and wont work anymore!  >:(

dave0123

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 07:11:18 pm »
How much water are you using? have you measured it in a jug from the jets? use a good flow mate
Dave.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 07:11:32 pm »

help

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What's flow rate ;D

tom20001

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 07:14:16 pm »
How much water are you using? have you measured it in a jug from the jets? use a good flow mate

well i dunno its a flowmaster controller with 100 psi pump nd ive it set at 22 ...i had it much higher but i felt i was getting splashing on the window when rinsing and thought this might have been causing spots....