This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

you feeling positive about year ahead?
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »
business wise?

i am most definitely!i still need a few more pennies for my van and wrap.im cutting out the fancy restaurants and hotels and not booking any holidays until later on in the year.

im looking forward to the year.ive already made a good start in the last few days.

full steam ahead from monday onwards.i love this business!still room for improvement though but its defo going the right way!

i reckon im about 3 or 4 years behind some of you lads who ve not been going as long as me(20 years this year!).

its only the last few years since i went wfp (nearly 4 years ago)that ive took this business more seriously.my attitude is a lot better than its ever been.

biggest expense this year will be my van and getting it wrapped.dont really need any poles,brushes or other equipment though.a bigger tank and frame and a few other odds and ends should see me through.

i have a few ideas for getting more premium work.eg large posh houses at good prices on 2 or 3 monthly frequencies as there are literally hundreds of em where i work! :)

very best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

Re: you feeling positive about year ahead?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:01:58 pm »
Dazmond, do you get your happy pills on prescription or grow your own?

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 09:12:13 pm »
dave im a reformed alcoholic mate,ive done plenty of drugs too in my youth! ;D ;D

BUT nothing now mate!

no alcohol,no drugs!most of the last 10 years ive been sober and clean.i tried drink again last year after 6 and a half years without a single drop.big mistake.soon gave it up again!

im just buzzing off life mate!!

ive got a lot to be thankful for dave! :) :)

tom20001

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 09:14:29 pm »
Success breeds happiness  so fair  play daz

Ive just switched to wfp and im very hopefull for year ahead. I just want to double current number of custies!

Confident it can be done and imo thats half the battle  :)

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:18 pm »
dave im a reformed alcoholic mate,ive done plenty of drugs too in my youth! ;D ;D

BUT nothing now mate!

no alcohol,no drugs!most of the last 10 years ive been sober and clean.i tried drink again last year after 6 and a half years without a single drop.big mistake.soon gave it up again!

im just buzzing off life mate!!

ive got a lot to be thankful for dave! :) :)

Do you mind me asking what happened when you got back on it bud?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 09:24:39 pm »
tom take your time and in a few months you ll get round quicker with the pole plus you ll get add on jobs like conny roofs and soffit,fascia cleans.dont price these too cheaply.aim to earn £50-£60 an hour on these jobs.

charge more for your existing customers if your cleaning the awkward windows that previously you couldnt clean with the ladders.

trust me work will come to you after a while if your do a good job.

best wishes

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 09:39:09 pm »
darren i was sneaking a few drinks here and there and not enjoying it really then one night i took my girlfriend out to an italian restaurant and drank a bottle of wine before she picked me up.then a few bottles of red in the restaurant and then hit the brandy! ::)roll

no control and i was VERY LOUD and obnoxious!my girlfriend was VERY shocked!!she had never seen me blind drunk before.she took me home and we never spoke for a week.

the next day i felt terrible and all my past came back to haunt me.anyone on here who is a recovering alcoholic will understand.

i was in a bad way 11 years ago when i stepped into my first AA meeting.i needed medication back then to stop the shakes.i was having panic attacks for months afterwards and its took me years and years to straighten my life out.

luckily this time it was a little blip. a "wake up" call if you like that no matter how long i go without a drink i can never touch the stuff for the rest of my life.

me and the girlfriend made up after a week and ive been sober ever since.she doesnt understand but accepts that i cant drink no matter what.

regards

dazmond

PoleKing

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 09:47:01 pm »
Thanks for sharing Daz.
Always hear about alcoholics not being able to have 'just the one' but I do wonder...
All the best.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 09:47:37 pm »
This year is my tenth year trading...

Last year I put the business up for sale as I had enough, but buying a new van and installing a better DIY system has given me a motivation boost to push forward again.

The company is no longer up for sale and i'm back enjoying it  :)

tom20001

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 09:57:14 pm »
Thanks for  advice daz im sure il be looking for plenty more over coming weeks through this changover!

On ur personal stuff great to see such honesty and great to see you doing well in business and I wish u continued success in 2014  :)

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 09:58:07 pm »
nice one james! ;) ;D

buy the best lightest poles you can afford mate and dont be shy about putting up prices if you havent for a few years.you ll only lose one or two and be quids in which helps with motivation.

get organised with end of the day jobs if you dont already.invoices printed out,full tank and battery fully charged etc,etc.

all the best

dazmond

ben M

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 10:04:58 pm »
darren i was sneaking a few drinks here and there and not enjoying it really then one night i took my girlfriend out to an italian restaurant and drank a bottle of wine before she picked me up.then a few bottles of red in the restaurant and then hit the brandy! ::)roll

no control and i was VERY LOUD and obnoxious!my girlfriend was VERY shocked!!she had never seen me blind drunk before.she took me home and we never spoke for a week.

the next day i felt terrible and all my past came back to haunt me.anyone on here who is a recovering alcoholic will understand.

i was in a bad way 11 years ago when i stepped into my first AA meeting.i needed medication back then to stop the shakes.i was having panic attacks for months afterwards and its took me years and years to straighten my life out.

luckily this time it was a little blip. a "wake up" call if you like that no matter how long i go without a drink i can never touch the stuff for the rest of my life.

me and the girlfriend made up after a week and ive been sober ever since.she doesnt understand but accepts that i cant drink no matter what.

regards

dazmond
Well done Dazmond,you can be proud of yourself now, i take my haf off to you  :)

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 10:33:29 pm »
Daz, really admire you for your honesty about your addiction. My brother is fighting this same disease and it is heart breaking . It's sounds like you have been to hell and back ! Wish you success in accomplishing your goals in life and business . Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 10:34:59 pm »

regards

dazmond
Well done Dazmond,you can be proud of yourself now, i take my haf off to you  :)
+1 good on you m8
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

windiewasher

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 10:38:58 pm »
Im feeling positive
Got the unit sorted.
Got my new van,getting it signwritten next weekend.
getting married in march after 4 days at the darts on the lash.
My phone is constantly ringing with people wanting quotes etc,im starting to clear a few odd ones out the way that I cant be bothered.
All my new work is all top prices.
Im not looking for much more work but what I do pick up is going to be all at top prices.
Lots of my new work is recommendations so im very happy and positive at the moment.
Total £  so far.

ben M

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 10:41:04 pm »
Im feeling positive
Got the unit sorted.
My phone is constantly ringing with people wanting quotes etc,im starting to clear a few odd ones out the way that I cant be bothered.
Im not looking for much more work but what I do pick up is going to be all at top prices.
Lots of my new work is recommendations so im very happy and positive at the moment.
and getting chineses poles next month  :-*  ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 10:44:20 pm »
Im feeling positive
Got the unit sorted.
and getting chineses poles next month  :-*  ;D
sure am ben  ;D
Total £  so far.

rosskesava

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 10:46:16 pm »
The only downside I'm now finding which has at times made me consider jacking it all in is the weather during this time of year.

I'm quite happy to work in the rain but these last few years, frequently it has been near on impossible. High winds and driving rain or rain that is frequently torrential seem to have become the normal sometimes for weeks and weeks on end. Last year it was high winds, torrential rain, snow and temperatures below freezing. So far this winter it's just been high winds and lots of heavy rain.

Until a few years ago in these parts, the weather was never like that so often during winter.

It's not the money side of things but the sitting indoors that gets to me as I get completely bored. I want to be out working as I enjoy working.

I keep thinking to add jet washing to my business as that can be done in any weather but living in a flat, I've no where to store the stuff. I gave up on the idea to rent a garage as not only are they expensive around here, they seem to come with so many terms and conditions as to what the garage can and cannot be used for and storage seems to be a big NO.

So yes, I'm feeling positive about the spring, summer and autumn but not when I think about the next few months.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

PoleKing

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »
The only downside I'm now finding which has at times made me consider jacking it all in is the weather during this time of year.

I'm quite happy to work in the rain but these last few years, frequently it has been near on impossible. High winds and driving rain or rain that is frequently torrential seem to have become the normal sometimes for weeks and weeks on end. Last year it was high winds, torrential rain, snow and temperatures below freezing. So far this winter it's just been high winds and lots of heavy rain.

Until a few years ago in these parts, the weather was never like that so often during winter.

It's not the money side of things but the sitting indoors that gets to me as I get completely bored. I want to be out working as I enjoy working.

I keep thinking to add jet washing to my business as that can be done in any weather but living in a flat, I've no where to store the stuff. I gave up on the idea to rent a garage as not only are they expensive around here, they seem to come with so many terms and conditions as to what the garage can and cannot be used for and storage seems to be a big NO.

So yes, I'm feeling positive about the spring, summer and autumn but not when I think about the next few months.

Can you do anything internet based bud?
Quick typing?
There are loads of ad hoc jobs you can do if you wanna be cracking on...
Or, put yourself through uni or something...
OU courses are good if you fancy them...

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 11:03:18 pm »
Darren. Quick typing ! I am one of those one finger typist .Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/