Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

decided on a vivaro/primastar/trafic
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:14:28 pm »
after much deliberation ive decided on buying one of these vans.ill have 4 to 5 grand to spend.i only do around 2500 miles a year but i need a bigger van and bigger tank.

im picking up more and more large posh houses with large connys and roofs plus add on jobs are getting more popular with my customers every year.

im looking at SWB versions and getting a 500L TANK in there.i have 2 barrels which will take me up to 550L if needed.

i have a very good reputation as a honest,reliable window cleaner.work on my own and will defo not be employing again! ;D

ill be getting it half wrapped as well to match my business cards.with it being a fairly large van ill be like a mobile billboard! :)

im hoping to get a 57 or 58 plate and i want it to last me 5 years.im not sure what the commercial van insurance is like on these vans but i have 9 years no claims and im 42 so it shouldnt be that much more than my kangoo.

whats the basic payload of the SWB vivaros?as ill have a 500L TANK in frame,maybe 2 barrels,2 ladders,im gonna get the bigger gas bottle(19kg)instead of the 13kg im currently using,heater,poles,pumpbox,trad gear,pressure sprayer,might even buy a little backpack! ;D,hose and reel etc,etc.it all adds up.

im i right in that the basic vivaro has a 1000kg payload?

cheers fellas

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

Re: decided on a vivaro/primstar/trafic
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:49 pm »
Might be overloaded when you take your tips home.

elite mike

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:19:57 pm »

ha ha brilliant  ;D

ben M

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 08:21:02 pm »
remove your aquadapter, you should be fine  ;D

TomCrowther

Re: decided on a vivaro/primastar/trafic
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:36 pm »
Payload is just over the ton, 1060 kg I think. Plenty for what you need Dazmond.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 08:27:21 pm »
i dont think ill be getting many tips this year dave as im putting over 80% of my prices up in april! ;D ;D ;D

ive decided my goal for this year is to earn at least an extra £5,000 by the end of the year without having to do much more work than i already do.maybe a few more days here and there! :)

ben M

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 08:34:20 pm »
I have a vivaro, 650 litres ionic pro 5, a backpack,2 barrels etc... so no prob Daz  ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 08:52:06 pm »
The vivaro primastar trafic range swb come in 2 sizes 2.7 and 2.9 tonne. The 2.7 has a payload well over 1000 kg and the 2.9 well over 1200kg. For the gear you have mentioned the 2.7 should be big enough but if you can get a bigger one it's worth it do to being able to take extra kit.

Simon.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 09:06:37 pm »
cheers guys.i love the pic of your van simon.i wont be having any photos on my new van but itll be  half wrapped in black and man city blue!which matches my business cards and even my workwear and black poles with blue aqua-daptors!!lol ;D ;D ;D

image and a very professional neat and tidy look is just the icing on the cake for me as i already do a very good job and im honest and reliable. ;)

windiewasher

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 10:16:18 pm »
Just bought a new shape dispatch lwb 1200kg payload,was 7.5k but im in love never thought I could love a van like this
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 10:22:19 pm »
windiewasher i like the look of them vans as well.are the pedals not a bit close together?as i have big feet! ;D ;D

i think the vivaro edges it though in style and theres probably a bit more room in the back!

windiewasher

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 10:27:18 pm »
windiewasher i like the look of them vans as well.are the pedals not a bit close together?as i have big feet! ;D ;D

i think the vivaro edges it though in style and theres probably a bit more room in the back!
size 12 feet m8,ive had no problems,its massive in the back.
I hear a lot like there vivaros.
Total £  so far.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 10:44:42 pm »
windiewasher i know a wheelie bin cleaner whos got a van like yours.they look like good vans.he s well happy with his!

what van did you have before?

i know going from a kangoo to a vivaro will be a step up in more ways than one!! ;D ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »
windiewasher i know a wheelie bin cleaner whos got a van like yours.they look like good vans.he s well happy with his!

what van did you have before?

i know going from a kangoo to a vivaro will be a step up in more ways than one!! ;D ;D
I had the older shape scudo
ive had a kangoo,liked it too.
Total £  so far.

david wood

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 03:13:31 pm »
I had a new shape expert for a few years and really liked it I've now got a traffic and love it  nicer to drive and more room I find it Easy to drive aswell I went through tyres and brake pads like mad in the expert aswell

C o z y

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 03:27:40 pm »
On my docs, it works out at around 1200 KG Daz, and have some fun and try to get a DCI 150. It goes like shyte off a shovel mate!! (I've only got about 100KG on board as I only have my carpet machines and trad gear anyway  ;D

So when you're empty you can pi$$ off  few boy racers  ;D ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick