This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Condensation
« on: January 04, 2014, 06:12:10 pm »
I have a small cafe that I clean weekly. It has two large, single glazed windows, neither of which open. There is a problem with condensation on the interior glass.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to reduce, or preferably eliminate, the problem. Leaving the doors open and fitting double glazing is not an option in this case.

I have tried using an anti-misting solution for car windows (can't remember what it's called but Halfords stock it). The customer was happy for me to use it on the glass, the results of which he was happy with, but I thought were truly awful. So I am looking for a solution which will leave the glass condensation and smear free. Over to you guys.

Many thanks,
John   

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Aqua Power Solutions

Re: Condensation
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 06:21:15 pm »
John, unless the shop owner invests in extractor fans/ air conditioning  this problem will exist in a cafe . Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:25:08 pm »
There's no solution.

When the outside temperature is lower than the inside, it cools the glass.  In the cafe the atmosphere will be saturated with water vapour from the cooking, boiling water etc etc.  When this water saturated air comes into contact with the cold glass the water will condense out.

Only way to combat it is to just serve sandwiches and soft drinks - and ban customers from breathing so there's no water vapour from their breath.

Or heat up the outside air to the same temperature as inside ;D

A huge extractor fan might do the job, but that would be the same as leaving the door open ;D ;D

hasti

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »
There's no solution.

When the outside temperature is lower than the inside, it cools the glass.  In the cafe the atmosphere will be saturated with water vapour from the cooking, boiling water etc etc.  When this water saturated air comes into contact with the cold glass the water will condense out.

Only way to combat it is to just serve sandwiches and soft drinks - and ban customers from breathing so there's no water vapour from their breath.

Or heat up the outside air to the same temperature as inside ;D

A huge extractor fan might do the job, but that would be the same as leaving the door open ;D ;D

Or put a dehumidifier in there  ;)

CleanClear

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:38:13 pm »

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to reduce, or preferably eliminate, the problem. Leaving the doors open and fitting double glazing is not an option in this case.

I have tried using an anti-misting solution for car windows (can't remember what it's called but Halfords stock it). The customer was happy for me to use it on the glass, the results of which he was happy with, but I thought were truly awful. So I am looking for a solution which will leave the glass condensation and smear free. Over to you guys.

Many thanks,
John   

Apply neat washing up liquid on a damp cloth and rub it over the interior glass. Initially it will look a bit foamy but will dry quite quick and clear. It won't then condensate and will stay clear. You can try a test patch in your own home on some glass or a mirror. Then if you breathe on it and try to mist it or fog it you'll see it will stay clear.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

andyM

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:46:55 pm »
Dehumidifier.
One of the Plebs

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 08:34:32 pm »
Cleanclear, i will have to try that , thanks . Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Dave Willis

Re: Condensation New
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 01:39:20 pm »
Maybe a small waffle cloth and some Nano Uber Hydrophobic- technology would do it?

Works well on a lotus leaf.