Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PurefectWindowCleaning

Pricing gutter CLEARING
« on: January 04, 2014, 02:10:17 pm »
Customer: How much do you charge to clear gutters?

Me: How long is a piece of string?

Customer: Eh?

Me: Depends how much c**p is in them, and how long it takes me. Looking at your house, worst case senerio is £40

IN A NUT SHELL, THIS IS THE TYPE OF CONVERSATION I HAVE ON A DAILY BASIS

Curious to know how you go about 'quoting' for gutter clearing?!

bobplum

Re: Pricing gutter CLEARING
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 02:22:23 pm »

Me: Depends how much c**p is in them, and how long it takes me. Looking at your house, worst case senerio is £40

"heres the number for richard at isparkle" ;)

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 03:09:10 pm »

"heres the number for richard at isparkle" ;)

;D

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 03:26:56 pm »

It annoys the tits off me as well.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 03:31:44 pm »

It annoys the tits off me as well.

I guess you can only say 'worst case senerio will be...' and then say if the back stretch is completly clear then you will adjust the price accordingly.

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 04:52:43 pm »
if it annoys you that much, give them your "worst case scenario price".

If they say yes, result!

If they say no, who cares.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 05:34:08 pm »
We don't do anything less than £75 front and back, we go up from there.  It's worth every penny of that because the home owner is not going to go up and do it themselves.

Part of the pitch is that for the price, we take apart any elbows in the downpipes which may be blocked, unblock them and re-build them.  It's a useful part of the pitch and I'd say we get 9 out of 10 jobs that we price for, including commercial.   

elite mike

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 05:51:00 pm »
this is a firm close to me , check out the gutter cleaning prices  :o   ::)roll

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jemoba-pressure-washing-services/546203012058002

hasti

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 05:52:21 pm »
We don't do anything less than £75 front and back, we go up from there.  It's worth every penny of that because the home owner is not going to go up and do it themselves.

Part of the pitch is that for the price, we take apart any elbows in the downpipes which may be blocked, unblock them and re-build them.  It's a useful part of the pitch and I'd say we get 9 out of 10 jobs that we price for, including commercial.   

Hi Steve
How about if the elbows on the down pipe is stuck or wont come off ?
That would be hard to get off, because its happen to us before, and it wasn’t easy.

The pitch we use is that (WE CLEAN YOUR GUTTERES AND MAKE SURE ITS ALL CLEAR  AND CHECK IT WITH OUR SPECIAL REMOTE CAMERA) That sell very good.
Our minimum price for back & front is £60 depending on had much gung in the gutters.

Flash..

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 05:54:06 pm »
We don't do anything less than £75 front and back, we go up from there.  It's worth every penny of that because the home owner is not going to go up and do it themselves.

Part of the pitch is that for the price, we take apart any elbows in the downpipes which may be blocked, unblock them and re-build them.  It's a useful part of the pitch and I'd say we get 9 out of 10 jobs that we price for, including commercial.  

Yep this is my thinking too not worth the trouble for anything less and they sure aint going up there  I also clear the swan necks and make sure the customer knows how blocked they were ;)

I price the job for gutters being badly blocked and if they aren't its a bonus to me, otherwise you will need to go up ladders to look in gutter to see how badly they are blocked when quoting

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 06:35:36 pm »

Hi Steve
That would be hard to get off, because its happen to us before, and it wasn’t easy.

The pitch we use is that (WE CLEAN YOUR GUTTERES AND MAKE SURE ITS ALL CLEAR  AND CHECK IT WITH OUR SPECIAL REMOTE CAMERA) That sell very good.
Our minimum price for back & front is £60 depending on had much gung in the gutters.

Whats the difference between a special remote camera and a remote camera?

hasti

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »

Hi Steve

Whats the difference between a special remote camera and a remote camera?

When ever we get the remote camera out, The customer gets an amazing surprise as how its working, so the customer gets a whaaa factor.  :)
Therefore I thought I try the pitch as a special remote camera and it sells itself every time.   :)

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 07:01:54 pm »
i refuse them!i cant be bothered going up a ladder anymore and i cant be bothered getting a gutter vac! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 07:12:34 pm »
i refuse them!i cant be bothered going up a ladder anymore and i cant be bothered getting a gutter vac! ;D ;D

Getting old bud  ;)

James Bulton

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 07:37:01 pm »
I find this gutter cleaning by the bedroom just plain stupid. SURELY THE ONLY WAY SHOULD BE BY THE METERS.
I charge 5 quid a meter which includes down pipes. I also find cleaning windows by the amount of bedroom just crazy as one can also have 3 living rooms a study a large kitchen with many windows and 2 bathrooms and two sep loo `s with a sun porch and hall with two windows,and 3 beds so how the hell do you price that as a 3 bedda.CRAZY. ??? ??? ??? ???

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 07:43:10 pm »
I find this gutter cleaning by the bedroom just plain stupid. SURELY THE ONLY WAY SHOULD BE BY THE METERS.
I charge 5 quid a meter which includes down pipes. I also find cleaning windows by the amount of bedroom just crazy as one can also have 3 living rooms a study a large kitchen with many windows and 2 bathrooms and two sep loo `s with a sun porch and hall with two windows,and 3 beds so how the hell do you price that as a 3 bedda.CRAZY. ??? ??? ??? ???

So what do you if when you climb up 25 metres are empty?

This is my point, I could quote by metre, but what do you do if 3/4 of the house gutters are empty...

ok - yes you could still charge your quote, but that would be crimimal in alot of cases

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 08:01:37 pm »

+1. I think we should be allowed to shoot custards who ask us such stupid questions. I'm going to next time I get an enquiry along these lines. I'll keep u posted as to the outcome. ;0)

PoleKing

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 08:06:07 pm »

This is my point, I could quote by metre, but what do you do if 3/4 of the house gutters are empty...

ok - yes you could still charge your quote, but that would be crimimal in alot of cases

I disagree.
Regular 4 bed new build detached, no conservatory, I charge £30 a side to clear. Regardless of how much crap is in them.
Some jobs would take ages, others would be quick.
You wouldn't be able to come down and say to the customer "they were a lot worse than i thought, it'll be an extra £20" so why would you knock money off.
Chances are, if they've asked you to clear them, they know they're full anyway.
Lol @ 'criminal' btw. Price quoted, quote accepted, job done. end of.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

elite mike

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 08:07:49 pm »
Quote from: jamesmilton04 link=topic=180628.msg1534527#m
[/quote

why is it criminal , you have got to go there get ladders out and check ,then wash it all down check down pipes etc, some are easy some are not  ;)
its not criminal. your spelling is criminal tho   ;)  ;D

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 08:11:58 pm »
5 bedroom house - quoted £150 to clear all guttering...

Every gutter EMPTY

Still charging £150 is CRIMINAL!

FACT