Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

maxcampbell

Oreck orbiter - any good?
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:53:51 pm »
As per title. Are they heavy enough to be effective? Want to use for agitating domestics prior to HWE and occasional encap of domestics. I'm guessing you'd use a brush for agitating and a pad for encap, but is that right?

Our TM4 has died, and the sebo duo isn't man enough for grotty domestics, IMO.

Mike Halliday

Re: Oreck orbiter - any good?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 01:18:55 pm »
I gave mine away, I would have felt guilty taking money for it.... They are crap.

Crap might be too strong a word, they did a good job of scrubbing the carpet with the orange brush but way too small.  ok for getting around beds or tight spaces  but  a stiff brush was just as good for the minority of times it was needed. Plus massively too expensive

If you are given one or get one cheap ok but don't waste your money on a new one buy a used rotary
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Andy Messias

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 01:54:58 pm »
Good bit of kit to have, I use mine to agitate domestic carpets and find it great on stairs both to agitate and bonnet clean, also good on commercial stair carpets using a 17 inch bonnet.
Adventure Before Dementia.

creighton foyle

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:03:13 pm »
good for stairs but not much use for anything else

Neil Jones

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 02:16:13 pm »
I have the floormac, almost identical machine but with a pump to dispense solution. Never used that feature though. Great for stairs and small bedrooms or landings, also light and saves lugging something bigger in, some will say just use a brush but can't be arsed with that. If mine broke I would buy another.

dan paton

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 02:29:34 pm »
yep floormac for me too. I use green brushes I bought in the usa but their also good with either a scrub pad or even a nylon floor pad (red pad on mingers is the dogs danglies). As neil says light enough for carrying upstairs etc . I use mine to agitate stairs too. Their a million times better than a sebo duo but I wouldn't know how it would compare to a TM4 ..

Tony Stewart

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 05:08:16 pm »
Max
You know the answer to this one really...you're just fooling about  ;D ;D
A TM4 is the best bit of kit around.

It is much better than a rotary for domestics as it it much lighter and more maneuverable in smaller spaces and there is little chance of  it colliding with furniture and doing damage
It lifts the pile better than a rotary as the contra rotating brushes pull the pile instead of swirling the carpet pile around
It pushes the pre-spray into the back of the carpet better than a rotary in my humble opinion
It can do stairs at a pinch where a full blown rotary cannot
It can handle dry carpet cleaning
It can handle different types of carpet from domestics to commercial

No offence meant to others but the oreck is a poor man's tool against a TM4..........the price reflects it. Stick a wanted advert in the for sale section and see what comes out of there......if not bring the brushes you have to the TACCA day and I will buy them!! ;D ;D
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Jamie Pearson

stuart_clark

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 11:13:51 pm »
Mike
crap aint too strong a word for them mate, I would describe them more like Shi++

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 09:51:29 am »
every tool has its own use,
oreck is not a tool for use as a main agitator but good to have, I love it for small jobs as stairs, landings, most of the rugs etc.
The price is too expensive? Well, do not think so, look at the sebo duo, bigger crap and over 200+vat, oreck is over 300+vat and has more uses.

JandS

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 10:14:06 am »
Bit harsh about something that's quite versatile.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

wayne zabel

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 12:09:34 pm »
I have a Floormac and for most of my work (small domestic) its great.Ive had 2 Sebo Duos which both broke and compared to them its marvellous.

JandS

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 01:30:24 pm »
Same here Wayne, I have the Floormac and it's great in small domestics and stairs.
Two of us even did a large commercial office using a Floormac and an Oreck.

JandS

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 01:31:25 pm »
And we both had a 17 inch rotary in our vans if needed.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 03:18:11 pm »
And we both had a 17 inch rotary in our vans if needed.

You are a bit daft then ::)roll

.......or telling porkies to try and make your point  a  Little bit more believable

JandS

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 03:26:29 pm »
Mike...you can't judge why we did what we did as you weren't there.
It was easier in the long run going in and out of work stations to use the smaller machine.
Think the pictures are on here or maybe the other site....the other cleaner posted them as it was his job.

Richard Cole

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 03:42:45 pm »
I have a Sebo, Floormac and Victory Sprite 15" Rotary and use all three on the right occasion.  For me i use the Floormac the most on domestics when rooms are small and lots of furniture, sometimes will use Sebo depending on pile and for some rugs and for larger rooms and e.o.t's i'll use the rotary. The rotary i find can be a pain in the backside to get up stairs etc but does a good job and can use for commercial also but i would like to get a TM4 at some point.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 04:00:32 pm »
Mike...you can't judge why we did what we did as you weren't there.
It was easier in the long run going in and out of work stations to use the smaller machine.
Think the pictures are on here or maybe the other site....the other cleaner posted them as it was his job.

But omitting details is the same as telling porkies  ;)

your inferred that the Oreck was as good as a rotary and to make that point you said you both had rotaries in the van (but still used the Oreck) which was not the complete story.

you are now saying that you used the Oreck as it was more convenient in tight spaces, a piont I made in my first post.......not that it was as good as a rotary.

garybristow

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 04:52:05 pm »
i have a 17inch numatic rotary ,i only use for hard floors,what do i put on it to agitate carpets?
as you can tell i dont do lm cleaning
gary