This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve H

George
« on: January 03, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »
Well chaps, ive just finished my trial period using the George system and am due to sign up.Its going to cost me £50.00 so I believe which is no big deal.
Just wondered, before I sign up, which chaps out there have signed up and use the system successfully. Its a decent system I feel, so im reasonably sold on it for now anyway, just wondered what other think.
Only genuine answers please guys, not sales people trying to sell there version -thanks.
Cheers
Steve

Happy New Year to you all by the way!!!! ;D
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Clever Forum Name

Re: George
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:58:48 pm »
It took me ages to convince my dad to try it and now neither of us could to do without george.

It does miss some features.

No iphone support and some features like round order can go wrong.

But easily the best £50 odd quid spent!!!

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 04:59:24 pm »
Well chaps, ive just finished my trial period using the George system and am due to sign up.Its going to cost me £50.00 so I believe which is no big deal.
Just wondered, before I sign up, which chaps out there have signed up and use the system successfully. Its a decent system I feel, so im reasonably sold on it for now anyway, just wondered what other think.
Only genuine answers please guys, not sales people trying to sell there version -thanks.
Cheers
Steve

I used George for 7 years... It's a good bit of software.

However - This time last year I switched over to Aworka (www.aworka.com) - It's all online and a bit more up to date than George. It costs £10 per month.

Andy

Tony dunmall

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 05:00:27 pm »
George

Set it up from 1st November this year

Took a while to get used to from my other data system but  love it, needs a few updates but nothing major,

Love being able to email invoices keeps the cash flow coming in,  in the cloud data storage back up,

Best £50 I've spent

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 05:03:14 pm »
hi ive used george for six years,some say its limited,but ive not looked at any others.
ive found george to be good,easy to use,no problems at all.
i would suggest to pay for the on line back up incase you pc goes tits up,all your data will be on there sevrer and can easily be put onto your new or mended pc.
hope that helps

Flash..

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 05:26:56 pm »
hi ive used george for six years,some say its limited,but ive not looked at any others.
ive found george to be good,easy to use,no problems at all.
i would suggest to pay for the on line back up incase you pc goes tits up,all your data will be on there sevrer and can easily be put onto your new or mended pc.
hope that helps

Agree with all that I think its great does everything I want

Frankybadboy

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 06:36:00 pm »
7 years with it and never a problem

money well spent

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 06:57:09 pm »
I just write our weeks worth of work on a couple a4 pieces of paper, and scribble them out as we go along, no need for fancy round orginisers.

My 550+ customers are slap bang on my doorstep tho, so can rock up to any house we like when we feel like it  ;D

CF Facilities

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 12:30:17 am »
My experience was all good until I upgraded ly laptop to windows 8.1 and could not connect my pda to it.
I emailed George support but they never replied so I have switched to aworka which seems better.

Chris at aworka is very helpful and quick to respond to my questions.

If anyone else reading this is on aworka do you use your mobile phone to update during the day? I am finding it tricky as font is small and my thumbs are too big. I use the full version on-line.

Col

S.A.J

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 04:57:30 pm »
My experience was all good until I upgraded ly laptop to windows 8.1 and could not connect my pda to it.
I emailed George support but they never replied so I have switched to aworka which seems better.

Chris at aworka is very helpful and quick to respond to my questions.

If anyone else reading this is on aworka do you use your mobile phone to update during the day? I am finding it tricky as font is small and my thumbs are too big. I use the full version on-line.

Col

Col can your phone produce it's own wifi hotspot?

CF Facilities

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 06:48:07 pm »

[/quote] yes it can. SAJ.

S.A.J

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 07:17:30 pm »

yes it can. SAJ.
[/quote]

By a second hand tablet or a cheap new one and use the phones hotspot to use Aworka on  ;) that's what I'm planning on doing  8)

Steve H

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 07:30:42 pm »
Thanks for the replies fellas, ive decided to go for it and have set it up - seems a good system for the price, will see how I get on with it, but looks like it will do everything I want it to do at the present time.
Cheers
Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

CF Facilities

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 09:41:52 pm »

yes it can. SAJ.

By a second hand tablet or a cheap new one and use the phones hotspot to use Aworka on  ;) that's what I'm planning on doing  8)
[/quote]

thats a good idea although my network is a bit hit and miss in some areas I may have to change.

Which network are you on if you dont mind me asking? I think EE or 3 seem best data coverage.

S.A.J

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 07:12:50 am »

yes it can. SAJ.

By a second hand tablet or a cheap new one and use the phones hotspot to use Aworka on  ;) that's what I'm planning on doing  8)

thats a good idea although my network is a bit hit and miss in some areas I may have to change.

Which network are you on if you dont mind me asking? I think EE or 3 seem best data coverage.

I'm on O2 and seems ok with 95% areas I work in! If I can't use the main Aworka I just use the mobile version that will work offline.

This is the tablet I'm thinking of getting as the Mrs won't let me take the iPad out to work
http://www.tesco.com/betadirect/hudl-7-16gb-wi-fi-android-tablet-red/282-2437.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=282-2437

CF Facilities

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 07:50:32 am »

yes it can. SAJ.

By a second hand tablet or a cheap new one and use the phones hotspot to use Aworka on  ;) that's what I'm planning on doing  8)

I'm on O2 and seems ok with 95% areas I work in! If I can't use the main Aworka I just use the mobile version that will work offline.

This is the tablet I'm thinking of getting as the Mrs won't let me take the iPad out to work
http://www.tesco.com/betadirect/hudl-7-16gb-wi-fi-android-tablet-red/282-2437.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=282-2437

Yes the hudl is very good my son has one. I don't think he would want me to take his tablet out either.
Think I might think about getting one myself. Might try the offline version first though.