Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Brendan (chem2clean)

amtex truckmounts
« on: January 03, 2014, 03:34:32 pm »
Hi, is anyone using a amtex truckmount.They are lots of positive things been said about these machines on tmf.

Luc

Re: amtex truckmounts
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 12:00:48 pm »
I have heard lots of good things about these machines as well but been told the heat exchangers can be iffy? You get a lot of machine for the price but it's the dreaded import tax tho. I was looking into importing. The other machine I like is the el diablo from masterblend.

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:06:59 pm »
It isn't the import tax which is only about 1.5% its the carriage and of course the vat as well which has to be paid before it leaves customs. Probably a thousand pounds to ship over by sea.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:21:23 pm »
Does second hand machines still have vat charged when you import them? What about gifts or uk citizens property returning to the uk.

My sister lives in the USA I was wondering about  asking her to buy me a TM for my next birthday ;D ;D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:29:17 pm »
Not sure about second hand although if you buy second hand over here from someone who is vat registered then they have to charge you vat. Gifts etc are free of vat but it has to be justified, small items can get through but I would doubt a truckmount would.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 03:27:52 pm »
I heard that the hx were iffy also same as chemtex, I'd say that they are very easy to work on, they make one very much like a phoenix where it's all together with machine on water tanks and fuel tank all in one but has a 25 hp engine with a bigger blower, think it was $13k plus import tax 1.5% plus shipping £1000 plus vat plus any fitting charges so it's approx £12k inc.

Shaun