Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

heritagecleaning

Who does SEO for Google places / google+ ?
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:04:01 pm »
I know there are some cc's on here who do search engine optimisation.

I'm looking to speak to someone who knows particularly about places/google+ and how to get well ranked.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Owen

neil 47

Re: Who does SEO for Google places / google+ ?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:38:55 pm »
I know there are some cc's on here who do search engine optimisation.

I'm looking to speak to someone who knows particularly about places/google+ and how to get well ranked.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Owen

Follow;  seth godin 
IICRC

heritagecleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 04:32:57 pm »
Looks very interesting Neil, but not really what I'm after, which is someone to do my Places optimisation. Unless I've missed something?

Owen

wynne jones

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »
What Dave said.

It's a good idea to offload tedious jobs to someone else who knows what they are doing but you may find thats harder and takes longer than doing it yourself, which will take 30 minutes.

Fill out every entry in your places entry, inc. pictures opening times everything. Make sure you are in as a LB and Carpet cleaning. Obvious but just incase.

Copy and paste your premises address on your website and use that in Places so that its identical.

Paste in address to any local directories you find as well as a few national ones. Ongoing.

Get reviews from customers on Places and 3rd party review sites. This should be part of your marketing system regardless.

These are the main ranking factors for local.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:03:31 pm »
If only it were that simple - I've created a complete mess which I'm not sure I'll be able to get out of:

I have 2 Google accounts and have somehow created 2 Google+ pages for Heritage Cleaning. One is verified and one isn't. The Unverified one is what you will see if you search 'Heritage Cleaning Swindon' and click my Google+ page. I have asked Google to delete one of them but nothing gets done.

This is the verified one-
https://plus.google.com/103441240535154728402/about

and the other one-
https://plus.google.com/104384940164245766420/about?gl=GB&hl=en-GB

There's no point even bothering with citations and the rest while this problem exists as I'll never get a decent ranking if there are duplicate listings.

I expect I'll end up paying a lot to have this sorted out - unless anyone has any idea?  :'( :'( :'(

heritagecleaning

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »
If only Dave. I have requested Google do this over 10 times, nothing happens.

Brook Campbell

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 09:56:19 am »
 ;D ;D it might just get you some more jobs for your long hose ;D ;D

heritagecleaning

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 10:43:54 am »
Thanks guys - at least a serious problem for me has caused you some amusement.

derek west

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 12:37:36 pm »
i had 2 and got one deleted by google, my SEO guy sorted it for me though. not sure how he did it. he's also just done my name change on places which went swimmingly.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 12:42:08 pm »
Derek, why the name change... '- Arcadia'
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

heritagecleaning

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 12:52:35 pm »
Derek
Who is he? I might have to get in touch with him if Google don't sort it.
Thanks

Owen

derek west

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »
Mike because everyone on here 5 years ago was right and i was wrong, there ive said it  ;D unless you want the detailed version?

Alex does all mine Owen, guy that does the TACCA site.

jim mca

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 01:38:56 pm »
Detailed version please  ;D

derek west

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 02:14:14 pm »
This is wahts one our customer newsletter
We always said that the word “affordable” doesn’t mean cheap, we pride ourselves on doing the best job possible with high end equipment, regular training courses and a no nonsense customer service. We never aim to be the cheapest just the best at an affordable price and that’s why we decided (when we set up the company all those years ago) to call ourselves affordable cleaners, unfortunately we get a few calls from customers who have mistaken the word “affordable” with the word “cheap”. Your mortgage is affordable but it isn’t cheap . So to eliminate the price shoppers who expect us to clean carpets for the same price that joe blogs does down the road with his rug doctor and poor knowledge, bad results and soggy carpets for days, we have decided on a name change, something generic that doesn’t suggest anything other than we are cleaners, after some thought and the fact that we didn’t want to change the logo too much, we came up with Arcadia cleaners. Reason being we used to run a computer games company called Arcadia games and it just seemed to follow on nicely from that We hope you like it and we aim to get even better at what we do through and beyond 2014. Look out for our new website  and our new van graphics. We have added new services along the way and are dedicated to giving the same fantastic results and customer service for these as we are for our carpets and upholstery, if you need anything cleaning or just some simple advice on blah blah blah

i welcome the words "i told you so" from all those who did.

fact is i want to be the dearest now but dear cleaners didnt have a ring to it  ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 02:23:58 pm »
Derek told you so,  :-*, think I will be saying that again in 12 months or so too.

Owen don't bother , been there and results are not very good as Derek has shown over the past 3 years with the website he did for him....
Try some one like Kev Loomes, he's done loads of sites for me and they all do well on rankings