Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darran Pryce

Carpets Came up great for low moisture
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:29:57 pm »
Pulled in a nice contract for the NHS in Leeds.  Used low moisture.  Sprayed down with Dynamall (with two scoops of SPM), agitated with my Oreck and the carpets came up great!

neil 47

Re: Carpets Came up great for low moisture
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:34:05 pm »
Why use dynamall if your going to use spm ?

We did a full college with just spm lot cheaper than the other
IICRC

Darran Pryce

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 06:37:10 pm »
I know what you mean, its either.  More for the smell and stain guard which spm doesn't offer!

SteveAllan

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 06:57:02 pm »
Nice one Darran.

neil 47

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 08:11:02 pm »
Great job .

I think lm is all about making carpets look uniform even if that means blending in areas that look cleaner . As we spot imperfections and not levels of soiling that isn't visible to the eye.
Only cc are bothered about soil we can't see .

I've had some great comments after lm more so than hw but I still hw 90% of carpets it's a mental problem as generally lm is quicker gives good visual results and is dry in 30 mins with a blower or nice breeze .
As a customer it ticks more boxes than hw .
But I'm sure with so proffesional help I will get over it and offer hw more as long as they don't say what do you recommend .
IICRC

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 08:34:41 pm »
What can I say! I also use the D product in the void that I do! But with a wider machine the saving in time is more cost effective to me.

Do you think adding SPM as booster helps or is it false economy?
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

neil 47

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 09:09:44 pm »
What can I say! I also use the D product in the void that I do! But with a wider machine the saving in time is more cost effective to me.

Len depends what Void your are in at the time.

Happy new year Len and go steady with that Malt

Neil
IICRC

Darran Pryce

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 09:44:48 pm »

Not sure, I have used it with and without and I personally think it boosts it when the carpets are so pad like this one was.  If SPM had stain guard and smelled good then no doubt SPM would be my number 1.  Void properties all day long with D, but we are also doing more and more properties just with D and agitation with such good results.   Once again its the stain guard that I like, so does the custy!

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 09:26:48 am »
Darren,
You have to be mighty careful when selling any stain guarding product, even conventional ones, as they do have limitations and if it doesn't do what you said it would your reputation could be shot. Even conventional stain guarding products can leave customers expecting their carpets are fully protected from stains when nothing could be further from the truth, so you e got to be really careful about how you sell it. If you're mixing SPM with dynamall you could well be undermining its stain blocking properties as the addition of another chemical changes the properties of both and leaves you with an unknown quantity.

Simon

simonmnickson

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 10:02:52 am »
Top job Darren results speak for themselves - happy customer and more work  ;)

Oreck and SPM are king - though 17inch rotary would have done it in less than half the time

Dynamall not bad either though massively expensive compared to SPM

heritagecleaning

john martin

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 11:50:49 am »

Il bet any cleaning product would give the same result on that carpet with those stains  ...

SPM  ...  washing soda and bleach cleans good  ...  any housewife for the last 50 years will tell u that   :)

Dynamal  ...  looking at the data sheet  ...  its good ol detergent too  ..  non ionic surfactant ... builders ... bleach  ... bit o stainguard added .

Darran Pryce

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 12:23:15 pm »
Bottom line is the carpets came up trumps with one happy NHS executive.  More work.  Yes I use SPM with smelly stuff, but I like the stain guard.  I never sell myself and say this will stop the stains from penetrating the fibres but it does "help" to protect them.   No complaints with the mixture and since using Dynamall even with extraction machines custy loves it, with it's "long dwindling" smell!

Everyone cleans different and it's what works for them on each different job with the right tool, and of not forgetting how confident the operator is!

BTW Thank's Si Niks, hope your well.  :-*  

These are some more pics from the job....

Scott Taylor

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »
Nice job Darran. Sounds like custy happy and no doubt you will get Plenty more work.
Oreck with spm or dynamall works a treat. If you get any work you need a hand with call me
I'd be glad to help. Happy new year to you all

Darran Pryce

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 12:56:47 pm »
Will do Scott.  Spoke to the exec and requested some business cards, and gave me an email, so lets see what comes from it. 

garry22

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 02:56:11 pm »
Good old Cimex...

Darran Pryce

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 03:00:18 pm »
Hey Garry

Nearly as good as ours :-)
 :-*

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:01 pm »
was it just that one room you cleaned?

would have taken a long time with the Oreck. Are they not only 13"?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »
Garry,
What chemical did you use on that. Impressive result BTW.
I'm getting a new Cimex and going to get stuck into encapping this year.
Simon

Darran Pryce

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 04:31:27 pm »
was it just that one room you cleaned?

would have taken a long time with the Oreck. Are they not only 13"?

They are mate, but you still fly with them.  We have the 17" Victor sprites too.  We did 12000 square feet with two orecks in 4 hours! We could have used the Sprites but due to the offices being occupied with staff, PC and other stuff, we want for the smaller option. 

Great machines the orecks.