This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

julianbiggs

Strange Xmas tip
« on: December 28, 2013, 08:34:10 pm »
We had a strange Xmas tip from one of our customers. Not the usual cash or a bottle of wine.

He's a well off retired businessman who would class himself as a " professional gambler ".

Every time we do his windows he is sat in his study with sky sports horse racing on a continually placing bets, or laying bets.

When I say every time...I mean every time !

So we turn up to do his windows on Dec 20th. I start round to the left and Andy starts round to the right.

20 mins later as we're meeting back at the front of his £55 clean Andy says to me that we need to go round to the study cause the race Is starting ! Race ? What race ?

He'd given us both a fiver each to put on the 3.30 at Southwell. Andy put both bets on ( cough cough ). One was 4-1 and one was 12-1. In fairness he only had the option of picking 2 numbers between 1 and 6 without knowing the odds.

We won sod all !!

Hey ho....

PoleKing

Re: Strange Xmas tip
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:38:23 pm »
Shame. Nice thought though.

A few years ago we went to a friends wedding.
Instead of the usual sugared almonds or whatever as favours when we sat down-the happy couple had got everyone a lottery ticket, lucky dip.
We got nothing either.

Nice idea's though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.