This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Confusing topics that get posted on here
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:48:16 pm »
From time to time members post stuff on here and I end up not having a clue what they're on about.

For instance, this which has now been locked:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=180313.0

Can someone explain it to me. Am I the only one that cannot understand what is going on?

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

ben M

rosskesava

Re: Confusing topics that get posted on here
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 07:57:09 pm »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=180339.0

I know.... Trouble is that I think I must be simple. I can understand English but not CIU coded messages.

The original thread went from someone saying some great new poles were coming out next week but gave no more info to something about someone not being allowed to buy poles from Gardiners.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 08:04:25 pm »
This forum is not what it used to be.

Back in the day people just tore strips off each other without all this backdoor advertising and legal talk.

I have had enough.

;)
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Jonny 87

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 08:18:49 pm »
Did windiewasher close the thread?

If so that is interesting.

Must have something to hide.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:41 pm »
Looks like there's one, probably two members on here intent on dissing the Gardiners products as much as possible then hyping up their own imported poles and comparing them directly with Gardiners. Somewhere along the road they've probably breached a legality in some way (Gardiners have a patent). Looks like the thread got locked pretty sharpish before the truth came out.

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 09:33:57 pm »
Looks like there's one, probably two members on here intent on dissing the Gardiners products as much as possible then hyping up their own imported poles and comparing them directly with Gardiners. Somewhere along the road they've probably breached a legality in some way (Gardiners have a patent). Looks like the thread got locked pretty sharpish before the truth came out.

Thanks.

Next question, what did that have to do with the original posting which also didn't make sense which was:

'V-lite poles from aqua dapter
I will be buying some.'

???

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 09:43:49 pm »
God knows  ;D

Maybe Windywasher is waiting for his consignment from the same Chinese supplier?

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 10:15:25 pm »
I have no intentions of copying gardiner poles or dissing gardiner poles,never have and never would.
Yes I closed the thread,no I have nothing to hide.
I don't see how a long thread slating poles or comparing poles can be good for anyone.
 I have no poles to sell yet.Im not here for slanging matches with anyone.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

paul13

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 10:25:41 pm »
I have no intentions of copying gardiner poles or dissing gardiner poles,never have and never would.
I don't see how a long thread slating poles or comparing poles can be good for anyone.

Comparing poles is one of the reasons I'm on this forum along with
all other equipment if there's new poles to be compared to gardiners
I'm interested, but I am an slx man so they will need to be good,
I wouldn't change pole on price.

windiewasher

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 10:29:15 pm »
I get what your saying and yes the forum is great for peoples views on everything so that is upto the buyers and not the sellers.

Comparing poles is one of the reasons I'm on this forum along with
all other equipment if there's new poles to be compared to gardiners
I'm interested, but I am an slx man so they will need to be good,
I wouldn't change pole on price.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »
I remember, (some of it)  ;D

Someone bought Chinese poles didn't like Gardiners clamps and didn't want Alex's help with their quite old pole but insisted on complaining all over the forum. Someone else posted about the Chinese poles and compared prices to Gardiners (bit unfair really) then tried to order more Gardiners products to fit to their own Chinese pole and have hinted they will be importing them and selling them cheaply.

Gardiners understandably are unimpressed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I see it.

mufcglen

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 10:54:40 pm »
Just seen that topic has been locked, I was really interested in that, not just reading up on the v lite poles but to see what was said in those emails, surely if the posts was locked before Alex had chance to post them up it makes the other party look like a liar? why was the post locked when everyone was happy to post replys?

roundbuilder

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 11:12:24 pm »
Business is business! I Hope whatever you have up your sleave windie works out for you mate..

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »

Someone bought Chinese poles didn't like Gardiners clamps and didn't want Alex's help with their quite old pole but insisted on complaining all over the forum. Someone else posted about the Chinese poles and compared prices to Gardiners (bit unfair really) then tried to order more Gardiners products to fit to their own Chinese pole and have hinted they will be importing them and selling them cheaply.

I would think that it would have something to do with the clamps. It looks like one of those Chinese manufacturers have copied the Gardiner smart clamp. Not sure what the situation is with enforcing patents in China, but anyone importing product with these copy clamps could be liable for patent enfringement in the UK. Alex said something about it a couple of weeks ago. (Sorry it wasn't Alex, it was Stephen Fox regarding Facelift copied clamps. Their legal team goes after the importers and the guilty party has to pay their legal costs. The Chinese don't give a hoot about patents but they are inforceable in countries that do. So they can't do anything about the drug manufacturers but they will go after the dealers and users further down the supply chain.)

I also think you are right regarding suppling to a competitor. If I was a supplier like Alex I would also tell them to go to hell.

I once used to drive for a local bakery delivering bread and cakes to his local outlets when the manager was on holiday. One day a local coffee shop owner came in at 4.00 in the morning and took all of our scones as the coffee shop had forgotten to place an order for them from their regular supplier the day before. The baker who was in charge while the owner was away thought that selling all the scones one time was brilliant. We had harsh words over it.

Unfortunately, our customers were the ones that were inconvenienced as the regulars didn't get any scones that day. When the owner came back from holiday the baker got a right bollocking for doing that. And rightly so. Normally that coffee shop never bought anything from this bakery unless they were in trouble.

If I found out that the extreme brush I wanted wasn't available because a competitor had bought them all would not go down well with me. I wondered if the delay with the V Lite poles had anything to do with patent infringement TBH.

May have nothing to do with this though.  ;)

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 11:46:59 pm »
Business is business! I Hope whatever you have up your sleave windie works out for you mate..

As long as he keeps his 'nose clean'. Doesn't look like he started off on the best foot though.

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 12:20:08 am »
This is all slowly starting to make sense except, who is selling the V-Lite poles that are soon to be coming out and how do they fit into the story of the imported poles, clamps, patents, inuendo's and threats of possible exposure by posting emails and then as a result, a locked thread?

This is just like a soap on TV.

gary999

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 02:02:50 am »

thats not quite right Mr Willis and you know it...kempy just didnt like
gardiners clamps had nothing bad to say about the pole sections or brushes
no real complaining at all. :)

Are you hoping for a new gardiners cap by anychance ;D

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 10:12:28 am »

This is getting interesting.

The 50' poles being advertised on Ebay show a picture of a clamp with an internal spring which copies the Gardiner Smart clamp concept.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50ft-Water-Fed-Pole-Carbon-Fibre-/321285385106#ht_0wt_0

It isn't the same exactly as you can see the spring through the gap, where the Gardiner clamps the spring is outside of the clamp. It would be interesting to know if this is a patent issue with Gardiners and whether CJ.EDDIE will attract the wrath of GPS.

Didn't the same supplier have some 45' poles on auction which hadn't met their reserve price yesterday? Did anyone notice?

I think that with the quality of poles around with Facelift and Gardiners, it has to be a chance taker to buy poles like this off ebay.

I remember in the early days a member on this forum was suppling brushes with a swivel. A few of us bought brushes, sent cheques, cheques cash, but no brushes came. Learnt from that.

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 10:12:47 am »

Reply to Gary:
 ??? No that's exactly how I see it. He wants to import his poles and fit Gardiners bits to them because he likes their goosenecks, brushes and hose.
Which bit have I got wrong and 'know it'?

kempy has a real dislike about the clamps and refuses all offers of help but insists on complaining about them, Alex has offered to take the pole off his hands and inspect it. kempy won't let him.

My own feelings are it's most likely worn out.

We are talking about two people here Kempy the complainer and Windiwasher who hints at importing and selling. Both have Gardiners poles and both are pushing their Chinese import. However, compairing prices of probably inferior poles to Gardiners is probably not a good idea.