This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

Re: topic seems to be locked
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 12:20:28 pm »
Well said Gold,  I also remember those days (just) as Alex was just starting to get into his stride, looking around as a complete noob it was plain to see that other under and brodex had no idea on how to supply decent lightweight equipment  and ionics and facelift were asking the earth for poles.

Alex unlike Jeff had the drive to produce and sell top quality gear, for that we should all be grateful, others have tried but failed on many levels, usually by throwing dummies out of their pram.

In general new kit has been better than previous versions, although I found the new clamps tricky at first.  My SL2 with extreme can't be beat for ease of use 60 ft up esp with the 20" long c/f gooseneck

Some stuff I'm not so keen on, but that's my personal preference I actually like Tecbuk brushes better, they don't last as long but clean and scrub better than any super light
Tis a shame Richard was, how can I put it, "volatile" on the forum

No one product will fit every1's requirements, some are happy to use a vikan brush, other want extremes, some use c/f poles others a Harris pole.

Thing is, is windie treading on gardiners copyright patents?  And the glaring fact he has not even had a vlite pole but claims their superiority over others just blows any credibility out of the water for both parties

Darran
how am I treading on patent?
its a free market and my emails of orders are coming in.
thank you to you lot for the publicity.
Quite a few pole orders coming in,keep it up guys.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

kempy

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2013, 12:27:01 pm »
We'll done windiewasher , I guess your selling full carbon fibre poles etc
At good prices
Do you have a website for them
Prices ?

Or are you just at a early stage , testing the market and response etc.

Anyway good luck and hope you succeed .

Dave Willis

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2013, 12:28:52 pm »
Good morning Dave Willis , I posted on this thread as my name was being branded about a fair bit and I was unaware of this post . So I defended my purchase of buying from China direct .
Out of respect of the suppliers on here I never once posted the name,number , company etc that I bought the from . No advertising etc .
I probably moan about the Gardiner clamps as much as you promote Alex Gradiners products .
Anyway life's too short to continually post about the clamps , their ok , blah blah and blah.
I read this thread and after about the 4th page in I had to respond as some stuff written about me wasn't true . The cost of import tax wasn't ? , Alex offer of taking my pole back for scrutiny wasn't true , the offer was true and kind , but theirs nothing Alex can do to alter my preference of a vertical clamp or the operation of the Gardiner smart clamp for me .

So that's why I posted on this thread , to defend myself.......again.....

Sorry for buying from china and opening up the market for others to DCEIDE where they may buy from .

As posted many times I like Gardiner Cill brushes , carbon necks , custy service and probably average £100 plus a month from them ?? , filters etc .
So Dave Willis I'd say I'm not anti Alex Gardiner or his products , just the clamps . Simple .
Are you associated with gardiners , as you seem to be very annoyed that someone doesn't like every gardiner product , ??

No I'm not associated with Gardiners at all. I joined another forum the other day and your posts moaning about the clamps were all over that forum too with the same two guys saying the same things. I just found it odd that's all. I don't find them perfect but I don't complain about them. When I have had issues in the past Alex goes to extraordinary lengths to put things right. This normally fixes the problem. I've had one or two products that haven't worked at all well for me but after a couple of moans I drop it and move on.

gary999

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2013, 12:36:06 pm »
actually if it wasnt for jeff brimble and his ideas that
alex gardiner originally borrowed from then moved on
we would still be using lead pipes, well the progress would
of been slower anyway ;)

Not really, it would have happened regardless of Jeff (no disrespect to Jeff)

then you could say it would of happened then without alex gardiner

kempy

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2013, 12:41:30 pm »
Ok Dave Willis ,
I won't comment again , like you said I've moaned a lot and at the same time I've had to defend myself as we'll , which obviously prolonged my moaning to some degree .
I moaned , Alex posted and questioned me , so I responded , he did , you did , others did and then I posted again and again etc .
Going around in circles .
Done and dusted now .
A fair few moaned as we'll , I just moaned too much .
Simples .

Dave Willis

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »
That's fair enough. I've got my eye on you though  ;)

gary999

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2013, 12:51:17 pm »
Possibly, but Geoff had the right idea of going light but didn't progress. Fishing poles aren't ideal in the real world.
yep you are right but without jeff brimble and others
like matt withhis diy forum or others that used to frequent
this forum..alex gardiner wouldnt of had the ideas to bite on.

ive always personally seen mr gardiner as a steve jobs type character not necessarily an inventer but more with the will and
foresight to push ideas into the public domain.

It would be a disservice to all the diyers (inventers) andon this forum in particular who have generally come up with the ideas
over the years which others have taken on to profit from.These
chappies only profit is they wanted was to help others.

Yes alex gardiner has been significant in the change of
manufacturing of poles,but for me the chaps who gave there
time freely to help others benefit from wfp are no 1 in my book

Just my opinion dont expect anyone to share it...so need
for you man love chappies to get excited :)

rosskesava

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2013, 12:55:48 pm »
Anyone know if the poles from China are any good or if anyone is selling them or how to get one?

Just thought I'd ask.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

windiewasher

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2013, 01:41:05 pm »
Anyone know if the poles from China are any good or if anyone is selling them or how to get one?

Just thought I'd ask.
they are all from china
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

rosskesava

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »
 ;D
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Spruce

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2013, 01:54:18 pm »
People buy from people they trust. Seeing how some of the wannabee's on here behave when criticised are they going to be trusted?

If all the products were equal and the same price who would you buy from?

Even if eddie the eagle puts together a cracking pole first time and at two thirds the price who in their right mind is going to buy the larger sizes where the profit might be? You want to hear about its longevity and how it wears - may be two years in with an impeccable service record you'd consider it.

At the lower middle end -  £200 - £250 - who cares about saving £50 if the dominant supplier works well and you can get spares?

At the bottom end - yeah give it a punt - but there's no profit to sustain the business and back up is there?

The company with top service and a Managing Director that is interested in keeping his/her customers happy is where the sensible money goes. I've never known of a company with the turnover of Gardiners where the MD comes on to a forum and personally answers and actively helps a customer whether he be a complete newbie looking to buy one pole or another looking to buy dozens (perhaps he goes out in the Bentley and visits them? ;D)

That service year in and year out is why - clamp issues and all - he is at the top of his game. He also never comes on here and spits his dummy out, or promises the earth or snipes at other pole manufacturers.

I just lament the coming day when he sells up and some megacorp takes over and the service goes to pot.

Good post.

Alex has no airs and graces. It wasn't until just recently that he was still working out of the back of an old (Renault?) estate car. It was a shock when he ordered a VW Transporter.

I understand that he still does a little window cleaning work despite his busy schedule.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2013, 02:26:48 pm »
Simple question !

Did Alex feel your attempt to import poles was an infringement on his patents

If not no problem, however there seems to be a bigger underlying issue
Not helped by yourself with certain threads and posts

Please feel free to explain the whole story

Darran

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

kempy

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »
Good post Gary999. , pretty much spot on .

The Wfp industry is only just starting to create,produce and invent stuff totally for Wfp, whereas fittings for water are pretty much air fittings adapted , but the likes of john guest etc is now manufacturing products totally for Wfp .

Rosskeva , I have two China poles , 18 & 45 ft and very happy with them .
If you have a email I can send it onto the director of the China pole who will send you a PDF about them .

paul saunders

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2013, 03:13:43 pm »
Are you going to be selling these poles before or after the round organisation app you were promising was near completion?

It would appear that he missed this post .......... or chose to ignore it, perhaps there never really was an android app and it was all p and wind just the same as his claims of selling poles made in China.  ::)roll  ::)roll
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

rosskesava

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2013, 03:33:02 pm »

Dave Willis

« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2013, 03:33:56 pm »
Possibly, but Geoff had the right idea of going light but didn't progress. Fishing poles aren't ideal in the real world.
yep you are right but without jeff brimble and others
like matt withhis diy forum or others that used to frequent
this forum..alex gardiner wouldnt of had the ideas to bite on.

ive always personally seen mr gardiner as a steve jobs type character not necessarily an inventer but more with the will and
foresight to push ideas into the public domain.

It would be a disservice to all the diyers (inventers) andon this forum in particular who have generally come up with the ideas
over the years which others have taken on to profit from.These
chappies only profit is they wanted was to help others.

Yes alex gardiner has been significant in the change of
manufacturing of poles,but for me the chaps who gave there
time freely to help others benefit from wfp are no 1 in my book

Just my opinion dont expect anyone to share it...so need
for you man love chappies to get excited :)

True, but the difference is Alex improves them and sells them. We could all diy but choose not to these days. I started off with carp poles and bentley brushes from Asda (superlight carbon poles for about £25).
Why don't I use them anymore? I don't know to be honest. I'm using £700 poles with £30 brushes to do the same job in theory. Utter madness to anyone new to the game but that's a measure of our earning power I suppose.
Alex listens to our requests - look at the resineck swivel. I would have paid £50 for one that lasts - he's produced one for about a tenner. Brushes- every flavour under the sun. Tell him what you want and he tends to take it on board.
DIY'ing is great for starting out on a budget - it's not rocket science after all.

Dave Willis

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:00 pm »
I forgot to add - when I wanted a really light rigid pole, there weren't any at that time. I bought a fibreglass 21' pole and threw it to the back of my garage in disgust after a week. I bought a fibreglass 17' extender pole that lasted five weeks. The stuff available then was utter garbage. Geoff hit on the idea of fishing poles - brilliant!...... but they just weren't strong enough.

Ironically Matts pole of choice is a 25' Slx - even he must have seen the light.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2013, 04:01:18 pm »
actually if it wasnt for jeff brimble and his ideas that
alex gardiner originally borrowed from then moved on
we would still be using lead pipes, well the progress would
of been slower anyway ;)

Not really, it would have happened regardless of Jeff (no disrespect to Jeff)

then you could say it would of happened then without alex gardiner

Not really, maybe eventually at some point. Right time, right place, right man- it's not that often all three meet up at the same time. ;)

Facelift (the original Facelift, not Stephen Fox Facelift) had a great carbon pole out back then but they sat on it for years never improving on it & when the SLX arrived it blew the Facelift into the weeds on every level!! Gardiner products have been "industry changers"- something all the others have claimed on the run up to release but never achieved! Gardiners have achieved this many times over with the rest seemingly forever playing catch up!! :)

robertphil

« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2013, 04:18:27 pm »
id think the chinese are way ahead cos they were already making big poles for kite flying.
few yrs ago i had a hol over there and was almost trippin over  poles 

Dave Willis

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2013, 04:27:28 pm »
Come to Trowbridge if you want to trip over Poles.