This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

Re: ive just started out and wondering what i need D.I or RO
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »
cool cheers pal,what about the di, do i get one big one or two little ones and whats a good size to get?

firefly123

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 03:30:02 pm »
if your tap water tds is between 50 and 80 ish di only you will waste money going with ro
shiney one

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 03:58:04 pm »
cool cheers pal,what about the di, do i get one big one or two little ones and whats a good size to get?

I recommend 2 x 11Ltr vessels. You can't pre-filter with older resin by using just one vessel.

Start with just one vessel in the very beginning, then when this first vessel starts to expire & the resin PPM starts rising from 000- instead of throwing it away you use it to pre-filter a new second vessel- see?

So, now, instead of your new resin being fed tap water, it's being fed 005/010 or whatever (which is your original first vessel. You then continue this cycle as you go along.  The resin that would have traditionally been thrown away is now being used to pre-filter new resin. This makes FULL use of your old resin & extends the life of the new resin.

Hope that makes sense. ;)

mufcglen

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 04:31:17 pm »

I recommend 2 x 11Ltr vessels. You can't pre-filter with older resin by using just one vessel.

Start with just one vessel in the very beginning, then when this first vessel starts to expire & the resin PPM starts rising from 000- instead of throwing it away you use it to pre-filter a new second vessel- see?

So, now, instead of your new resin being fed tap water, it's being fed 005/010 or whatever (which is your original first vessel. You then continue this cycle as you go along.  The resin that would have traditionally been thrown away is now being used to pre-filter new resin. This makes FULL use of your old resin & extends the life of the new resin.

thats fantastic pal, ive seen these 11 ltr di tanks not too old on ebay,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151196014307
if i bought these and a 25 ltr bag of resin do you reckon they'd be ok being second hand?
and also roughly just roughly how long would these last flitering about 25-300 ltrs a day as a guesstimate?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 04:53:01 pm »

thats fantastic pal, ive seen these 11 ltr di tanks not too old on ebay,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151196014307
if i bought these and a 25 ltr bag of resin do you reckon they'd be ok being second hand?
and also roughly just roughly how long would these last flitering about 25-300 ltrs a day as a guesstimate?

I bought myself two of those exact vessels a few weeks back. They are excellent & a real bargain!! The heads & risers are brand new & to be honest, the vessel body is as good as brand new too- although the bodies have been used before they are as good as new! ;)

I would "guestimate" a bag of resin would last you approx 3 months. You need to "purify on-demand"- which is filling your tank with tap water & then pumping this through the vessels NOT filling the tank through the vessels. ;)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 05:25:22 pm »
I've got 2 of those off eBay as well.
Had them 18 months and they are still like new ;D

mufcglen

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 05:35:51 pm »
Cool the guys got back to me with a few questions actually, really helpful and says the colour of the bottles mean nothing as he's got blue clear and black ones and he advised to buy the hex head di's he's selling too?

mufcglen

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 07:28:12 pm »
also anyone got a good link to cheap decent 25 ltr bags of resin!