Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

oldman

Re: Bargain!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 04:57:32 pm »
Well, atleast you agree on something  ;D.

robbo333

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 05:02:31 pm »
The system looks good but I wouldn't turn up to my customers premises in that van.
For someone starting out...not terrible.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

kempy

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 05:31:00 pm »
The system is outstanding I have the same , I'd say the system Just on its own is worth £1500 .
I had mine in a 260swb tranny and I got pulled in at the WEIGHBRIDGE 2 months a go and I was 300 kg over - had to dump water , acted dumb and didn't get fined .

650 litre water
Battery , filters , RO ,commercial pump , shurflow , 2x 100 m hose reels , poles , me 80kg , diesel 40kg , extras
Roof rack 50kg
Ladders 30kg

That van , like mine is illegal -FACT , been there and done it .
Hence I transferred mine into a 57 plate Transit van T300

The above can be ok with 350 to 400 litres of water .

If I was the seller I'd just fit it into my newer van -I did

It's a great buy at that price but limit the Water filling to 400 litres I'd say

Heath Adams

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 05:39:33 pm »
FACT ,

The vehicle and system is now SOLD,

and there are better systems for the same money on the market now so this wont be transfered to another van

kempy

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 05:49:06 pm »
Nice one mate , I'm selling my swb 260 tranny for say £1500
Did you get a seller off ebay , very good price if they bought it for £2200

kempy

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 05:49:49 pm »
What system have you gone for -pure freedom with diesel hot water system ??

kevinc

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 07:39:29 pm »
you won't ever see that heath guy again kempy,good luck to the buyer/van was battered so the stystem state should be the same-knackered,

Fin Clearview

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 07:59:19 pm »
I know Heath and he's a good lad, been in the game a long time. Say what you want.

paul ette

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 08:05:36 pm »
van is a y reg not 2006 ?

paul ette

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »
sorry ignore me zzzzzzz

tompoole

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 08:56:25 am »
Lol.... He asked if anyone wanted to buy his van......
Not whether it was over loaded if bought by someone who couldn't
Count pmsl

Spruce

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 09:50:01 am »
I know Heath and he's a good lad, been in the game a long time. Say what you want.

I'm sure he is. But if a first time poster comes on here with the intent of free advertising to sell a van then he will be taken apart if the van isn't right.

Nowhere does Heath say what the model of the van is/was on the ebay advert, so members were wrong in hammering at the van being overloaded with a full 650 litre tank. Looking at the tyres & rims, I would think it would be a T280 which payload wise he could probably just get away with. He did say that the tank was "pro fitted." If it was Purefreedom who fitted the tank they wouldn't have fitted it had it been a model that wouldn't have carried the weight.

It is/was also an 06 plate not a Y as someone suggested.

However, putting that a side, the van is/was in a poor state body wise - rough would be a description in the motor trade.

He could have handled the backlash better - just quoting a model and payload would have answered the question.

Sadly he has taken it too personally and deleted his account. Will he be missed? The hole he will leave on this site by his departure is the same hole left behind when you pull your hand out of a bucket of water. He contributed nothing and used the site for his own benefit only.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Fin Clearview

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 10:56:45 am »

I'm sure he is. But if a first time poster comes on here with the intent of free advertising to sell a van then he will be taken apart if the van isn't right.

Nowhere does Heath say what the model of the van is/was on the ebay advert, so members were wrong in hammering at the van being overloaded with a full 650 litre tank. Looking at the tyres & rims, I would think it would be a T280 which payload wise he could probably just get away with. He did say that the tank was "pro fitted." If it was Purefreedom who fitted the tank they wouldn't have fitted it had it been a model that wouldn't have carried the weight.

However, putting that a side, the van is/was in a poor state body wise - rough would be a description in the motor trade.

He could have handled the backlash better - just quoting a model and payload would have answered the question.

Sadly he has taken it too personally and deleted his account. Will he be missed? The hole he will leave on this site by his departure is the same hole left behind when you pull your hand out of a bucket of water. He contributed nothing and used the site for his own benefit only.

That's all fair enough mate I was just making the point that I know him and for what's its worth can vouch for him although I agree the advert is vague but maybe misguiding. But as he said, its a 'Bargain' and I think that judgement is down to any potential buyer which have rightly been pointed out here.

Spruce

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 12:12:31 pm »

That's all fair enough mate I was just making the point that I know him and for what's its worth can vouch for him although I agree the advert is vague but maybe misguiding. But as he said, its a 'Bargain' and I think that judgement is down to any potential buyer which have rightly been pointed out here.

I agree with that.  I don't know how much he got for it but if you took the value of the system out, then the van is a bargain, despite it's condition. However, personally it wouldn't make a good window cleaning van for me in that condition as it would reflect badly on the image I'm trying to portray.

tompoole

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 12:22:23 pm »
So you don't want to buy it then .....
Why comment .... You boys make chuckle

paul ette

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »
I did say ignore me afterwards as I got it wrong duuuu

PoleKing

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2013, 01:00:38 pm »
Imagine this forum as a bunch of lads in the pub.
Fella walks in, only a few guys know him, goes 'wanna buy my van?'
What would happen?
A deathly silence falls across the pub? Nope.
Most, who don't need a van, would say something-probably of no merit.
A few who are thinking of getting a wagon might offer a few questions.
And there would be a few who would just abuse him 'local pub for local people' etc...

Perhaps a similar response to the one he received here...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Jonny 87

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2013, 01:33:41 pm »
Imagine this forum as a bunch of lads in the pub.
Fella walks in, only a few guys know him, goes 'wanna buy my van?'
What would happen?
A deathly silence falls across the pub? Nope.
Most, who don't need a van, would say something-probably of no merit.
A few who are thinking of getting a wagon might offer a few questions.
And there would be a few who would just abuse him 'local pub for local people' etc...

Perhaps a similar response to the one he received here...

I like that.  ;D

Very good illustration and very fitting for a forum.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 08:43:11 pm »
I did say ignore me afterwards as I got it wrong duuuu

Apologise for missing that. Sorry.