This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PoleKing

Re: buying work
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 01:14:01 pm »
at the end off the day theoreticly [ spelt wrong ] once the 20 grand was paid off someone would have a guaranteed income of 1000 pound a week for the rest of there working life , that someone isn't going to be me but bloody hell I wish it was  :-[ :-[

Not guaranteed bud.
It's only goodwill.
See your point though.
The tough bit is coming up with the money if you haven't got it.
If you need to borrow to fund it it could be tight for a while.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Robert hawes

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »
i may just buy it say no more about it

Dougaldum

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 10:32:56 pm »
its all Domestlc work
A large established traditionally cleaned window cleaning round
 no three storey work all nice private work total on the book is £4.400 in total 490 customers 73 of them are bungalows allowing for bi monthly cleans this brings me and my wife £900 plus per week

thats what the round is

that's only £3,900 per month working 52 weeks at less than £9 average a job. Personally I wouldn't touch it as it is all underpriced.
I suppose every job you do his £25 plus won't get out of bed unless your. Earning £350 a day i've heard it all be four Jackanory

8weekly

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 10:43:20 pm »
its all Domestlc work
 no three storey work all nice private work total on the book is £4.400 in total 490 customers 73 of them are bungalows allowing for bi monthly cleans this brings me and my wife £900 plus per week

thats what the round is

that's only £3,900 per month working 52 weeks at less than £9 average a job. Personally I wouldn't touch it as it is all underpriced.
I suppose every job you do his £25 plus won't get out of bed unless your. Earning £350 a day i've heard it all be four Jackanory
Nothing wrong with £3,900 a month, it's just that the seller claimed £4,400.. But besides, the average job is £9 (and regardless of what you believe, my average is more than double that) and two of them work it. It might be in good round in some places, but around here the work is underpriced.

I very rarely earn £350 a day. I normally stop at about £220. 4 hours work is plenty.  ;)

Robert hawes

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 11:07:30 am »
so would u buy it
as i been talking to the seller said £300 is on 3 months

PoleKing

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 03:13:54 pm »
so would u buy it
as i been talking to the seller said £300 is on 3 months

Doesn't matter if we would bud.
It's if you would...
All hangs on your cash and how much you need the work.
Do you NEED it or would it be nice to have.
NEED? Decision made innit?
Nice to have-if you've got cash just sitting there, go in low, really low and see what happens.
If the fella is moving, he'll have to sell or he'll lose it anyway.
Better to get something for it.

Me-I'd leave it until the last week or so and offer him £6k.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 04:06:11 pm »
Taking away the abvious risk factors lets assume its a smooth sale no canceling etc
So lets focus on finacial side only

Lets say its a £9 average but lets also say the £3900 can be cleaned in a hard months work , it would still be worth it as if you have staff and pay them £20k a year you still have a decent profit

Robert hawes

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 04:50:38 pm »
Taking away the abvious risk factors lets assume its a smooth sale no canceling etc
So lets focus on finacial side only

Lets say its a £9 average but lets also say the £3900 can be cleaned in a hard months work , it would still be worth it as if you have staff and pay them £20k a year you still have a decent profit
  would you pay it then?

kempy

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 05:09:02 pm »
Good post the above .
A good angle to look at it from

Dougaldum

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 08:35:35 pm »
its all Domestlc work

thats what the round is

Nothing wrong with £3,900 a month, it's just that the seller claimed £4,400.. But besides, the average job is £9 (and regardless of what you believe, my average is more than double that) and two of them work it. It might be in good round in some places, but around here the work is underpriced.

I very rarely earn £350 a day. I normally stop at about £220. 4 hours work is plenty.  ;)
you will find next Year 2014 people will be more stretched than ever there will be more window cleaners finding it very hard

Robert hawes

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 11:00:18 pm »
its all Domestlc work

thats what the round is

you will find next Year 2014 people will be more stretched than ever there will be more window cleaners finding it very hard
so woul u buy it???

ben M

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 11:06:34 pm »
its all Domestlc work

thats what the round is

2014 would be better! the economy would be even better than 2013, 2014 would be great, except if you live in the north maybe  ;)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, 12:39:08 am »
If it was worth £4600 a month and the average house clean price was £25 - £35 then I would pay more than £20k (if I had the money).

With an average price of £9 / £10 a clean I wouldn't touch it.

Andy
like what we did and worth every penny now looking for more

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2013, 09:37:23 am »
What Andy* said - plus:-

It's a trad. round - is it a dead end? £9 average and doing it trad. = labour intensive. Try to convert to wfp and a new owner, how much you gonna lose? 30%?

Also how many messers? If it's got low priced three monthlies in the mix how untrained are these custies?

3X for trad rounds "rule of thumb" is there for a reason.

Me? No ...

It's a game of three halves!

martin hulstone

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2013, 12:03:57 pm »
a round is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay, just like a house. I paid 6 times for work at one time as my area is saturated with window cleaners and I needed the work as the missus became pregnant. I trusted the guy, knew the work generated a good hourly rate, so for me it was worth it. I even paid 10 times for some cream commercial work and im still doing it years later with no regrets of the price I paid.