This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PurefectWindowCleaning

Seens as its wrong to go work between xmas and new year
« on: December 28, 2013, 01:03:00 pm »
... ive been out, whipped out just over £100, got £15 in tips and 2 bottles of real ale.

Customers hate you tho dont they and dont want you there!!  ::)roll ::)roll

ben M

Re: Seens as its wrong to go work between xmas and new year
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 01:05:38 pm »
seriously get a life! ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 02:12:48 pm »
seriously get a life! ;)

Bonjour Ben!

Shouldn't your avatar say "Keep calm and carry on; because the Americans will liberate Paris in a few years anyway."?  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

ben M

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 02:33:37 pm »
seriously get a life! ;)

Bonjour Ben!

Shouldn't your avatar say "Keep calm and carry on; because the Americans will liberate Paris in a few years anyway."?  ;D
??? ???
ici c'est Paris, you say that when you are in the parc des princes in Paris to see the French team,PSG  ;)
we have been liberated by the Americans,we are invaded by arabs now... >:(

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »
I started back today, no problems my end

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 04:02:13 pm »
Am I missing something why wouldn't customers want you
between these dates ?
Had a few phone today just to make sure Id get theirs cleaned before the New year.
Don't get me wrong I finish at 4 on Tues and after that it wont be windows Ill be wetting.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

gary999

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 05:01:07 pm »
Had good earning day today..picked up two new customers
a nice box of thornton choccies and two bottles of wine :)

EandM

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 07:18:51 pm »
Worked today between the showers - excellent Burger Van in Tesco Axminster  ;D

Fin Clearview

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 07:51:09 pm »
Is it really that bad? Personally I'm loving being home with my 2 boys and the mrs, couldn't think of anything worse than going to work. Make the most of it. No offence but Can't you make enough dough the rest of the year.

ben M

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 07:54:29 pm »
Is it really that bad? Personally I'm loving being home with my 2 boys and the mrs, couldn't think of anything worse than going to work. Make the most of it. No offence but Can't you make enough dough the rest of the year.
+1 totally agree

C o z y

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 09:05:08 pm »

Yep, I work about 12 days out of every 6 weeks. But if I'm somehow late, I'm losing money. My custies get 8 cleans a year on a 6 weekly run. I'm about 7 days behind because of various reasons. Sickness being the main one. So I wanted to work Friday and today, but felt crap and had nasty high winds yesterday, so that's why some of us work at this time of the holidays.

Try not to put us all in the same situation mate. There are many sides to this game. Look at that mong Lyddon who cancelled his account for that very same mistake. Says his customers need a break!!! So all of us with situations like mine need to get a life, and stop bragging about earning millions etc.

Read between the lines, and remember that some of us earn enough, but need to work differently to some others.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Fin Clearview

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 10:42:15 am »
To be fair if it comes down to frequency of work I know the problem all too well mate, have bucket loads of work and I should be out too but at 40 years old with a family and 15 yrs of WC, I now put my family first. Of course different factors force you to get out there at Xmas company start ups,  frequency probs, demanding clients, financial, contracts, even a moany mrs who's had enough of the sight of you! I made a resolution a few years back to shut down completely from the 24-2nd Jan regardless of all the above (even the nagging!) If you don't it doesn't seem like you've had a break and more importantly quality time with my kids is what I'm here for.

bobplum

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 11:40:31 am »
i have been out to complete the cleans for Standing order clients, so have managed to do 2 days work out of the 4 days for this weeks work and have decided to probably push the the last 2 days back to the end of January and restart from there as i know want the 30 till the 6 jan off and restart then on the next weeks work

C o z y

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 11:48:48 am »
To be fair if it comes down to frequency of work I know the problem all too well mate, have bucket loads of work and I should be out too but at 40 years old with a family and 15 yrs of WC, I now put my family first. Of course different factors force you to get out there at Xmas company start ups,  frequency probs, demanding clients, financial, contracts, even a moany mrs who's had enough of the sight of you! I made a resolution a few years back to shut down completely from the 24-2nd Jan regardless of all the above (even the nagging!) If you don't it doesn't seem like you've had a break and more importantly quality time with my kids is what I'm here for.

PAH!! Only 40??  ;D I can't be that flexible to shut down for that period  :( The way I work though, means me and Mrs Cozy get a lot of short breaks dragging our caravan around. Holding traffic up and taking truck parking spaces is fun.  ;D ;D

Fin Clearview

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 12:03:42 pm »

PAH!! Only 40??  ;D I can't be that flexible to shut down for that period  :( The way I work though, means me and Mrs Cozy get a lot of short breaks dragging our caravan around. Holding traffic up and taking truck parking spaces is fun.  ;D ;D

So it's your fault everyone's working because their late round due to being stuck in traffic behind your passion wagon!  : ;D

C o z y

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »
(runs for cover)  ;D

davids3511

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 04:18:43 pm »
If a windy wants to work between Xmas and NY I don't see what business of anyone else that is. Too many opinions on here sometimes. Live and let live.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 09:42:40 pm »
What a great business we are in!freedom!that's one of the joys of being self employed.

Work if u want! ;D

I'm not and never will between Xmas and new year.

I'll be back at it come 2nd Jan though.need to get rid of the Xmas over indulgence!

How some people sit on their backsides for years I'll never know!

I'm raring to go now! ;D
price higher/work harder!

ascjim

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 09:58:46 am »

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 11:24:43 am »
... ive been out, whipped out just over £100, got £15 in tips and 2 bottles of real ale.

Customers hate you tho dont they and dont want you there!!  ::)roll ::)roll

I don't recall anyone saying its wrong or customers hate you.
Do what you like, don't think anyone really gives a monkeys, £100 ! wow, really wish I didnt have a family life now, I'm missing out  :D