Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

yippee
« on: December 27, 2013, 05:07:23 pm »
I finally get my van tommorow at long last.
was restricted to 62 mph so they have had to remove it.im so looking forward to getting it but was hoping to have it signwritten too by now ready for work Thursday.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Dave Willis

Re: yippee
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:12:06 pm »
I think legally you shouldn't be driving over that speed anyway. I'm not sure but a van is about ten mph below the legal limit of a car. Don't quote me though  ;D

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 08:54:07 pm »
Yup.

We are limited to 50mph on a roads, and 60 on dual carriageways and motorways.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

jarvy

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 09:05:48 pm »
70mph on motorways ;)
60 on dual carrigeways
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

wightsurf

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:40:55 pm »
 oh dear, here we go > https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

jarvy

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 09:52:36 pm »
So I am correct then!
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Steve foster

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 10:45:16 pm »
And don't stop in the box meant for cyclists at traffic lights unless you have to due to the lights changing as you're approaching and cannot avoid it.

3 points on your licence and a £100 fine.

A copper let me off today. Phew.

I did check it up in the highway code, and the copper was correct.

Did you also know that when you sign the counter part to your driving license, you also sign to say you'll keep up to date with any changes to the highway code.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 12:17:12 am »
70mph on motorways ;)
60 on dual carrigeways

If your van is over 2,000kg max laden weight then your limited to 50 and 60.

Which is most vans. Mayb not a fiesta van. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

windiewasher

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 08:26:09 am »
Who pulls you over?
just say your keeping up with the traffic.  ;D
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 09:37:41 am »
Who pulls you over?

Tell that to the lorries on the A66 across the Pennines that should only do 40MPH on the single carriage sections.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 09:41:37 am »
So I am correct then!

Yes Jarvy. You are correct.  ;D  70MPH on motorways only.

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 10:11:16 am »
Who pulls you over?

The new smart cameras will be able to read your registration number and link it to the maximum speed you should be travelling at on that section of road and send out a fine accordingly.

It will identify that even although the speed limit on a single carriage is 60 MPH my Citroen Relay van is restricted to 50 MPH and if I'm doing 60 MPH I am travelling at 10 MPH over the speed limit = fine and points and insurance rate hike.

My son's Peugeot Partner 800 LX with a 2.0 hdi on a 52 plate is able to adhere to the higher car derived van speed limits. Had he had the same van but the facelift one on an 03 plate, then his speed limits would be reduced. Had he got an 07 plate with the 1.6 hdi engine, then the higher speed limits would apply.
Had he got the 600 LX then then the higher speed limits would apply no matter what model or engine size he had.

All Ford Connect vans have to adhere to the lower speed limits BTW. So it is very important to know what the speed limits are that are applicable to your van. 

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 02:42:54 pm »
Who pulls you over?

The new smart cameras will be able to read your registration number and link it to the maximum speed you should be travelling at on that section of road and send out a fine accordingly.

It will identify that even although the speed limit on a single carriage is 60 MPH my Citroen Relay van is restricted to 50 MPH and if I'm doing 60 MPH I am travelling at 10 MPH over the speed limit = fine and points and insurance rate hike.

My son's Peugeot Partner 800 LX with a 2.0 hdi on a 52 plate is able to adhere to the higher car derived van speed limits. Had he had the same van but the facelift one on an 03 plate, then his speed limits would be reduced. Had he got an 07 plate with the 1.6 hdi engine, then the higher speed limits would apply.
Had he got the 600 LX then then the higher speed limits would apply no matter what model or engine size he had.

All Ford Connect vans have to adhere to the lower speed limits BTW. So it is very important to know what the speed limits are that are applicable to your van. 

I've heard of these "smart camera's too. But as far as i can tell there are none in the UK! Anyone know of any?  ???