Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: Top 8 Solar Panel Cleaning Facts
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 07:58:52 am »
Would that be a small waffle cloth?

Trouble is you've lowered your profit already by using two operators plus the chemicals. What's wrong with water?

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 12:41:38 pm »
No Dave it would be little waffle glass cloths, some people don't see the big picture.

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »
Hi Guys, for any of you who want to get involved in solar panel cleaning, we have introduced a new technology which is used widely in the USA for same, Beyond-Kleen is a proprietary water based Nano-Technology manufactured by blending food grade surfactants, low molecular weight short chain polymers, monomolecular silicium, mixed-phase anatase and rutile titanium dioxide for superior bond, hardness and absorption of ultraviolet radiation, this formulation is so finely blended that it makes it one of the safest and most effective solutions available to clean and protect all types of solar panels. This concept is ideal for cleaning and protecting large solar panel arrays where the real money is made, one operator uses a telescopic pole with a damp microfiber cloth attached to a mop frame spray some Beyond-Kleen onto the damp microfiber cloth and proceed to clean the surface,  then the second operator comes along with a telescopic pole with a dry microfiber cloth attached to a mop frame and proceeds to dry off the surface, as the cloths get dirty just replenish with clean damp and dry microfibers and continue until job is finished, take your cloths home and launder them ready to take on your next solar panel job. there are so many features and benefits to this concept in cleaning and protecting solar panels, if anyone requires further information just email info@jskcleaning.ie and I will be happy to share the information.  Regards  Tadgh
Hi Tadgh.  Based on your method, how long would it take 2 operators to clean 17,000 panels and how much would your product be cost-wise for this size array?  Thanks. 

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »
That sounds like a huge under taking.

Is the idea that the cannot stick?

Ive seen this product used on trainers and iphones to make them waterproof. and dirt proof

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 06:13:16 pm »
Hi Steve, Yes this is a different approach to cleaning solar panels and would of course be much slower and more costly than cleaning with wfp system, but its all about offering choices to your clients. There are many features and benefits to this method, using Beyond-Kleen to clean solar panels will leave behind an ultra hydrophobic protective coating so when it rains the water will bead off the surface taking away soils in the droplets or to explain it another way, Beyond-Kleen cleaner and protectant technology will deeply clean any hard surface and as an additional bonus it will provide long lasting protection by virtually duplicating the self cleaning hydrophobic properties of the lotus leaf commonly known as the lotus effect. so for owners of large solar panel farms this approach offers many benefits as it means the panels don't need to be cleaned as often and include the increased efficiency of power production as the panels will always be much cleaner, there are other features and benefits which I wont go into here, but im sure you get the picture, again its just another method that gives the owner a choice and when the features and benefits are explained its then up to them to make an informed decision when all the facts are provided. this concept is being very well received in the USA and many believe it works out more cost effective in the longterm because of the many features and benefits.

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »
So will this benefit the guy who cleans the panels or the customer or you?
I can see long term benefits for two of the above but not three.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »
Like I said Dave some people cant see the bigger picture.

Anyway Dave have a great 2014 and to all the other CIU members.

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 07:00:37 pm »
Well, the bigger picture I see is that once applied the customer wouldn't need you again and if the product was that great then the manufacturers would add it. Which would mean people like Solar Steve would not have a panel cleaning business - see where I'm coming from? Same thing would happen if it worked and was applied to glass. You'd become the most unpopular member of the forum.

Yes, have a prosperous new year.

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 07:04:59 pm »
think its like the stuff they put on jet cockpits, if people want to pay for it let them

bit like self cleaning glass that we still clean monthly  ;)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 07:34:24 pm »
Hi Guys, I am also a believer that there is no glass that is self cleaning, but there is technology available to make the on going cleaning of glass and other hard surfaces easier and quicker and yes you will still get paid for your efforts, I am also a great believer in working smarter not harder, I never said the panels would never again have to be cleaned.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 07:45:55 pm »
I think this will work out more expensive.

It sounds like you will first have to clean the panel, unless you apply the solution as soon as the array is operational.

Application sounds like it will take 3-5 times longer that it will take to clean.

Cost of product.

It leaves me to believe that the increased time between cleans will work out more expensive that just having them cleaned every 6 months

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2013, 08:04:31 pm »
Hi Alex, if the panels are very dirty yes of course it will be quicker and cheaper to clean them with wfp system, but looking at the bigger picture if the panels are coated from day one with the ultra hydrophobic technology long term it will become more cost effective to maintain them because they will not need to be cleaned as often and because they will stay cleaner for longer the increase in productivity of power can justify the higher cost of this method, its up to the contractor to explain to the owner the many features and benefits of having his solar panels cleaned with whatever technology, then the owner can make an informed decision on which technology is more beneficial to him, again its all about offering choice.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, 09:13:02 pm »
How much longer?

PoleKing

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2013, 09:53:18 pm »
How much longer?

Same as self cleaning glass Alex.
Forever.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 07:44:36 am »
Hi Steve, Yes this is a different approach to cleaning solar panels and would of course be much slower and more costly than cleaning with wfp system, but its all about offering choices to your clients. There are many features and benefits to this method, using Beyond-Kleen to clean solar panels will leave behind an ultra hydrophobic protective coating so when it rains the water will bead off the surface taking away soils in the droplets or to explain it another way, Beyond-Kleen cleaner and protectant technology will deeply clean any hard surface and as an additional bonus it will provide long lasting protection by virtually duplicating the self cleaning hydrophobic properties of the lotus leaf commonly known as the lotus effect. so for owners of large solar panel farms this approach offers many benefits as it means the panels don't need to be cleaned as often and include the increased efficiency of power production as the panels will always be much cleaner, there are other features and benefits which I wont go into here, but im sure you get the picture, again its just another method that gives the owner a choice and when the features and benefits are explained its then up to them to make an informed decision when all the facts are provided. this concept is being very well received in the USA and many believe it works out more cost effective in the longterm because of the many features and benefits.
I understand the technology perfectly Tadgh. I have spent hours researching various brands and how the tech works. I've had a few brands sent to me to test and I've been underwhelmed by them all so far. What I have been surprised about is the price of this kind of stuff.

How many panels could I coat with 5 litres of the product and how long would that take? Thanks.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 01:07:49 pm »
I recon 16 panels for 5l

PoleKing

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 01:57:27 pm »
Tadgh-while I doubt your kit for panels, what's your best stuff for waxing the car?
Fancy some nano-tech kit for high shine on the car.
None of the waterless cleaning-I'll never be persuaded on that.
Just once clay barred, cleaned, t-cut ( :o  :o :o) perhaps an autoglym then some of your nanotech...

andyM

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 02:06:22 pm »
Tadgh-while I doubt your kit for panels, what's your best stuff for waxing the car?
Just once clay barred, cleaned, t-cut ( :o  :o :o) perhaps an autoglym then some of your nanotech...

Dunno if it's got any of that nano-tech rollocks in it? But I use AutoGlym Super Resin Polish and think it's good.
One of the Plebs

PoleKing

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 02:36:05 pm »
Just once clay barred, cleaned, t-cut ( :o  :o :o) perhaps an autoglym then some of your nanotech...

Dunno if it's got any of that nano-tech rollocks in it? But I use AutoGlym Super Resin Polish and think it's good.

Got  Autoglym now. Used Maguiars (sic) and pretty much all the other off the shelf products but they're all much of a muchness to my eye.
Autoglym & Mags-yes they're better but I wonder if the nano-tech would be the difference between VHS & Blu Ray if you know what I mean.

Jonny 87

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 06:28:24 pm »
Has this been tested on solar panels?

Hi Tadgh,

Part of the problem with a previous product that had the same principal was that yes it made everything super waterproof, but it made everything opaque. So glass became almost misted, hence it couldn't be used on windows. (Plus it was extortionately expensive and would need re applied every year or so.)

So on solar panels does it reduce efficiency as less sun light gets through to the panels?

Just wondering if this has been tested, I,e two panels side by side, one coated and one with out, and the kilowatts measured.

Jonny.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher