Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Top 8 Solar Panel Cleaning Facts
« on: December 25, 2013, 12:23:56 pm »

bobplum

Re: Top 8 Solar Panel Cleaning Facts
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 12:59:38 pm »
as far has i am concerned there's no panels left to clean some f****r in Telford cleans them all  ;D

I think what you have done is great and cornered a market were the customer is really focused on the monetary value and return, ie large commercial work, the website is dedicated to solar cleaning etc

I still personally think for the domestic market the mind set is different and due to the large amount of cleaners available to clean the panels the price is low and static and for some of the prices i have heard paid and qouted its not an avenue i will go down

I have today just taken solar panelling of my website and jigged it about a bit, so even if i did get a massive array today with all my domestics i wouldn't have the time

so for me its a no, but good luck steve

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »
Steve why have you included the point about ice-dams? Surely that phenomenon occurs with or without solar panels? Its not something that is unique to a property that has had solar panels installed is it.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 02:37:05 pm »
The honesty if #5 is refreshing Steve.
Well played.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 02:50:03 pm »
Steve why have you included the point about ice-dams? Surely that phenomenon occurs with or without solar panels? Its not something that is unique to a property that has had solar panels installed is it.
You are right Matt, it can occur anywhere.  However, the risk of it happening is greatly increased with a property with panels.  If you look around next time we have snow of any worth, the massive weight that the melting snow from panels puts on guttering is huge.  I have not been called in for clearing an ice dam at all during nearly 18 years of cleaning, but I had 3 calls last year locally and many others elsewhere, ALL of them had panels on the roof.  That seemed to be the common denominator.

Like I say, look about next time it snows and you'll see what I mean.  The panels definitely make a difference.  :)

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 02:52:05 pm »
as far has i am concerned there's no panels left to clean some f****r in Telford cleans them all  ;D

I think what you have done is great and cornered a market were the customer is really focused on the monetary value and return, ie large commercial work, the website is dedicated to solar cleaning etc

I still personally think for the domestic market the mind set is different and due to the large amount of cleaners available to clean the panels the price is low and static and for some of the prices i have heard paid and qouted its not an avenue i will go down

I have today just taken solar panelling of my website and jigged it about a bit, so even if i did get a massive array today with all my domestics i wouldn't have the time

Cheers for the positive comments Bob.  The residential market is indeed different as you say, but it can still pay. 

If you get that big array come in........... ;) ;)

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 05:43:53 pm »
Steve,
How do you remove these ice dams? Is see a couple of youtube videos where the guys use preheated steam and cut through the ice by standing on the roof.

Not sure how H & S would fit in with this.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 07:11:31 pm »
Steve,
How do you remove these ice dams? Is see a couple of youtube videos where the guys use preheated steam and cut through the ice by standing on the roof.

you don't need a risk assessment or method statement for that,steve not that fussy  ;D

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »
Steve,

I don't know how those guys justify their work in a RAMS. I assume they do though. It is risky, no doubt. We remove the snow from the panels and from the bit of roof in front of the panels. We then defrost the ice dam.

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 08:03:24 am »
Steve,

I don't know how those guys justify their work in a RAMS. I assume they do though. It is risky, no doubt. We remove the snow from the panels and from the bit of roof in front of the panels. We then defrost the ice dam.

So do you use steam or just hot water through your wfp system?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 09:21:08 am »
as far has i am concerned there's no panels left to clean some f****r in Telford cleans them all  ;D

yup solar panels are a dead duck for me .......... start of this year had van bonnett wrapped with solar panel cleaning, big section on website and leaflets and got NOTHING from it. .......... bonnet getting rewrapped in conny roof cleaning and wont bother with it on leaflets when this batch runs out or on website.

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 10:45:10 am »
Steve , get to MASDAR CITY, Abu Dhabi..........300 football pitches of panels

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 12:16:12 pm »
Steve , get to MASDAR CITY, Abu Dhabi..........300 football pitches of panels

Ha!  Yeah, I'm always on the look out for the world's biggest arrays.  They are impressive beasts!

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 12:17:38 pm »
as far has i am concerned there's no panels left to clean some f****r in Telford cleans them all  ;D

yup solar panels are a dead duck for me .......... start of this year had van bonnett wrapped with solar panel cleaning, big section on website and leaflets and got NOTHING from it. .......... bonnet getting rewrapped in conny roof cleaning and wont bother with it on leaflets when this batch runs out or on website.

It's a shame for you Ian, having put in all the effort.  :-\  I've said it before, its a difficult market to get into, it takes a long time, but is worthwhile when you get in.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 08:29:23 am »
Nice post Steven,

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 02:00:19 pm »
Nice post Steven,
Thank you very much alecs.  (It's a PH!)  :P

PoleKing

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 03:04:41 pm »
Nice post Steven,
Thank you very much alecs.  (It's a PH!)  :P

Solar Steph? That's a chick surely.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 08:04:28 pm »
Arr man, Stephen,

Did you get my text? Im looking for some more peat and recommendations

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 10:53:37 pm »
Arr man, Stephen,

Did you get my text? Im looking for some more peat and recommendations
I just got a text saying thank you. The next one said you had finished the whisky, so I assumed you were aled. I will text you tomorrow with recommendations.  :)

Glad you liked the solar post. I think it could be manic again this year! :)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 02:40:41 am »
Hi Guys, for any of you who want to get involved in solar panel cleaning, we have introduced a new technology which is used widely in the USA for same, Beyond-Kleen is a proprietary water based Nano-Technology manufactured by blending food grade surfactants, low molecular weight short chain polymers, monomolecular silicium, mixed-phase anatase and rutile titanium dioxide for superior bond, hardness and absorption of ultraviolet radiation, this formulation is so finely blended that it makes it one of the safest and most effective solutions available to clean and protect all types of solar panels. This concept is ideal for cleaning and protecting large solar panel arrays where the real money is made, one operator uses a telescopic pole with a damp microfiber cloth attached to a mop frame spray some Beyond-Kleen onto the damp microfiber cloth and proceed to clean the surface,  then the second operator comes along with a telescopic pole with a dry microfiber cloth attached to a mop frame and proceeds to dry off the surface, as the cloths get dirty just replenish with clean damp and dry microfibers and continue until job is finished, take your cloths home and launder them ready to take on your next solar panel job. there are so many features and benefits to this concept in cleaning and protecting solar panels, if anyone requires further information just email info@jskcleaning.ie and I will be happy to share the information.  Regards  Tadgh