Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glynn

Re: Truckmount Cutting Out
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2013, 07:10:54 pm »
Locate the diesel injector pump on the engine and replace the 12volt wire to it, it will run.

It could be any no of sensors thats killing it or it could be a faulty diesel pump solenoid.
Regards
Glynn

Adrian Walton

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2013, 08:24:06 pm »
Glyn i think the problem is definitely the hot water not returning to the water box as the machine only cuts out when getting to hot because if i turn the revs down it will run all day but i loose a bit of heat, if i run at full revs and stop cleaning for five minutes say to move furniture it will cut out and the water box is still stone cold.

Adrian Walton

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2013, 08:31:01 pm »
also injector pump is mechanical not electric.

Glynn

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2013, 09:01:52 pm »
also injector pump is mechanical not electric.

Yes I know but it has an electric stop solenoid.

Do you have a wiring diagram of the machine ?, it may have electric heat sensors rather than thermovalves.
Regards
Glynn

Glynn

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2013, 09:13:01 pm »
Looking at the manual, it doesn't appear to have a recirculating system nor any bypass orifice.

Will it keep running if you turn off the solution pump ?.
Regards
Glynn

Glynn

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »
There is a thermo valve in the water box, see no11 on pic below.
Regards
Glynn

Adrian Walton

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 09:25:55 pm »
i,ve tested this in boiling water and it opens but water box doesn't get hot enough to make it open.

Adrian Walton

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2013, 09:30:32 pm »
there is also a thermal valve in the pipes just below the water box which is also opening and closing.

Glynn

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »
There doesn't appear to be a second thermo valve like you say.

Q, did the water box used to heat up ?
Q, will the machine run if the water pump clutch is OFF ?.
Regards
Glynn

Adrian Walton

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2013, 10:25:05 pm »
part no 14 is the other thermo valve i was talking about.
the water box used to get very hot, too hot to put your hand in now stone cold and yes machine will run with water pump clutch off.

Glynn

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 10:31:02 pm »
OK, and both of these thermo valves are closed when cold ?.
If so do they open when heated to 180 (no 14 ) & 165 (no 11 )
Have you removed and tested them in a pan on heat & with a thermometer ?.
Regards
Glynn

Adrian Walton

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2013, 10:37:28 pm »
yes both closed when cold, i have tested them with hot water and both open but not with a thermometer maybee this should be my next step.

Glynn

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2013, 10:48:09 pm »
Here may be the problem, I'm thinking no 14 should be open when cold and close at 180f - hence it's name a "bypass valve"
meaning it is open when cold, allowing heated water to circulate into the water box. Since it's closed when cold it can't heat the water box and thus, the whole system will overheat and eventually shut down.
I'll bet if you follow the pipe from the valve ( no 11 ) it goes straight to the waste tank ?, whereas the valve ( no 14 ) goes to both the pressure regulator and the water pump which would cause heated water flow into the water box UNTILL the water box temp reaches 180f when the valve ( no 14 ) would close and stop the heated water flow into the box.

If I were you I would remove no 14, check it out by dismantling it & possibly replacing it.
Regards
Glynn

Adrian Walton

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2013, 10:58:24 pm »
That makes sense i was looking at it opening at 180, part 11 goes to the waste tank to dump hot water,any ideas were i'd get a new one from as blueline no longer exist unless it is on any other machine.

Glynn

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2013, 11:31:58 pm »
Possibly Prochem, since it was some of the Prochem lads who set up Blueline so Iv'e heard and they are very similar in design so may even share the part.

But, first take it apart. It might just be clogged up with crap, it's probably a simple spring and wax valve affair, could just be stuck.
It might have a make & part no on too.

Adrian, your a member of truck mounters, why didn't you ask there ?.
Regards
Glynn

Adrian Walton

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2013, 11:44:42 pm »
Thanks Glyn i'll take it apart and have another look tomorrow, i have got a few bits for it from prochem and there local so you never know.
I did try to log on to truckmounters but it would not let me so i sent an email for a new password but got nothing back.

Glynn

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2013, 11:56:57 pm »
I have emailed you new details for TMers.
Regards
Glynn

Adrian Walton

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2013, 11:58:47 pm »
thanks glyn.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2013, 04:56:14 pm »
Chris at Alltec is the most experienced guy on Blueline TM's, why not ask him, he may even have the spare part you may need, left over from when they were the main Blueline dealers, and was almost certainly the one that supplied your TM in the first place.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Gareth H Davies

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2013, 12:38:47 pm »
Been away for a few days but have checked and it is dumping fine and i have also descaled it now.

Whilst doing this i noticed that the vacuum gauge goes up with the engine revs and reads -15 with no piping etc attached. When engine is turned off it is still reading just under -5 and very slowly decreases over time.

When piping is attached i still get good suction though.

Could this be why the engine keeps cutting out when using upholstery tool? And what could be causing this?

Cheers