This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

Xmas canvassing
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:17:01 am »
So is anyone still canvassing in the run up to xmas, or are a lot gonna leave the canvassing till the new year when there is no chance of being used as a "one off before xmas clean"?

I suppose professional canvassers who arn't also windy's have no choice though!?

Cheer's

George

R.W.C.S

Re: Xmas canvassing
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 11:19:25 am »
I had a spare week this week up before xmas, so went out with the sole intention of getting some one-off cleans with gutters cleared and cleaned too.

Got three £120 jobs yesterday, and two of the three asked me to continue cleaning their windows each month from January.

So i was glad i didn't stay in and play Fifa all day.

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 12:27:26 pm »
Depends if you need the work or not, getting paid for a one off is still better than
nothing at all.
And its also good to be seen working in an area.

pdale

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 03:00:13 pm »
I suppose professional canvassers who arn't also windy's have no choice though!?

It's been my experience that the work is still out there, though some have asked for a New Year start. I have now broken up though, so can't speak of this week. I canvassed last week and all were set up as regulars. You can judge from the doorstep whether they want you as a one off, if they do then just charge them more. That said the occasional one will try it on, but in general the work has been there and set up to be regular.

Last week I pulled in 42 jobs in 3 days, 8 of which were to start in the New Year. So far I have not had any feedback that any of these turned into one offs.
Where am I knocking today?

C o z y

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 03:10:00 pm »
Next planned canvass for me is March.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:50 am »
After todays clean Im off till the first week in January..
don't see any point canvassing now as misty folks have a head full of chrimbo rubbish..
Second week in January I will be flat out canvassing..

my target is  100 new regular customers by March... 

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 10:40:27 pm »
Last year it was amazing for me, this year thou, not good at all still pulled 60 people in a week. I think you just got to go and test the water and knock, at least no snow this year. 
Marketing solutions for window cleaners
https://www.facebook.com/WhizzBizzSales

roundbuilder

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 10:44:53 pm »
Last year it was amazing for me, this year thou, not good at all still pulled 60 people in a week. I think you just got to go and test the water and knock, at least no snow this year. 

Lol that bought back memories canvassing in the snow...all good fun hey bud..keep up the good work whizz, just remember you will never be as good as me  ;D ;D ;D

Only joking bud..

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 10:53:14 pm »
This time last year I was in Hitchen, had a good time there, husbands saying no, then wifes chasing me down the street yes yes they was screaming for it. This year absolute horror show. Oh well. Id like to get you on a job next year Mick, but I can only pay you with peanuts and gummy bears. lol  ;D 

roundbuilder

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 11:29:03 pm »
This time last year I was in Hitchen, had a good time there, husbands saying no, then wifes chasing me down the street yes yes they was screaming for it. This year absolute horror show. Oh well. Id like to get you on a job next year Mick, but I can only pay you with peanuts and gummy bears. lol  ;D 

Chuck in some doughnuts and im there  ;D

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 11:31:43 pm »
Just let me know when your free bud

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »
Thanks for all the reply's lads. Think im gonna knock doors after new years now though

Soupy

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:12 am »
January will be tough. Everyone is skint and the days are still too short. Best time for new customers is Feb - May.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 10:45:13 am »
I Was going straight out the second week In january m thinking start canvasing about the 23rd  with a weeks lead time.. That way you should be in the "Its nearly Payday" zone..

Whizz-Bizz

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 09:10:51 pm »
Im back out as off tomorrow, if they wriggle too much I'll tell them its to be done end of month, fingers crossed goes ok.