Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomh

Is it waste of time sending leaflets now? New
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:37:45 pm »
just had a load of leaflets printed ready to be delivered ! full colour £119 designed printed  & delivered to me through this forum very pleased with them ! is it a waste of time delivering them now as it's so cold people won't want there windows open + longer drying times ect.
obviously don't want to spend day's out with them & end up demoralized with this whole venture through nothing other then the weather being against us ! any feedback is welcome thanks
Tom
p.s i do realize that over 95% of people will just bin them !

BRSL

Re: waste of time !
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:48:34 pm »
We have been deliveing leaflets for the last six weeks and started to get a good response, play on the fact of Spring Cleaning, and always deliever them solus, Good Luck

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

the red carpet

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:19:15 pm »
most people havent got a clue about drying times anyway, you have to tell half of them to leave the windows open, most try and shut them as soon as you finish.

If they are dirty they will get them cleaned.

I wouldnt worry about wasting your time delivering them.
the biggest waste of time would be leaving them in the garage waiting for the weather to change.

garyj

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:29:40 pm »
I read this thread because I thought it was going to be about women  :P

At least if you get this first batch out now it will get your name circulated. I presume you'll be going through the whole process again in about 6 or 7 weeks to the same houses so at least by then they'll now who you are ( ish ).

I feel the same as the other replies you've already had, get out there as soon as possible and start delivering.

It'll probably be closer to 99% that  get binned, but keep at it.

tomh

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 08:50:31 pm »
yeah your right ! get a load out then i am no longer a new start in there eyes & look more established
cheers guys !

Robert Watson

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 09:36:09 pm »
If your walking up someones path and they come out their door and give you a
look that says "what are you wanting" Remember to give them a big smile and
wish them good afternoon, tell them that your going to be cleaning in that area
next week, get chatting. Most people are glad its not double glazing or some other hard sell.
Don`t have too many coffees before you start. There's nothing worse than needing
a pee 15 minutes into it.
God I hate leafleting.
Oh aye, never put your fingers through the letterbox, its the dogs that don`t bark
that get you. I`ts painfull and you get the fright of your life.
Close gates after you.
Good Luck  ;)
The Kitchen Door Centre

craigp

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 09:48:03 pm »
your not kidding i got a scar on my finger! :o cocker spanual, now he was quick! my finger only went in for a second! he must have been right by the letter box waiting, lol. ;D

then he came round to the window barking at me with my lealet in his mouth! sod!

it throbbed bad.

benny d

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 10:49:59 pm »
>>it throbbed bad.<<

What about your finger!  :o

"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 11:58:52 pm »
Weather should improve next week

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 01:02:44 am »
Tomh

You printed your leaflets?

Dave

ps Another pain in the arse is peoples letterboxes falling off as the plastic pins of the hinge comes apart. Does anyone think about why 99% of people throw away leaflets leaving us with 1% response each.

I suppose if there are six or eight cleaners in an area, does this mean an average of 1% each giving a figure of 92% of customers that dont have work done? I think i've confused myself on this one ???

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 08:39:00 am »
Spot, or dave

If you are getting 1% I  would cancel all other marketing and leaflet all of Wales

craigp

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 01:34:28 pm »
you mean 0.01% 

1% is one job every hundred leaflets,

those plastic letter boxs are crap i never know weather to walk away or stand there trying to fix it when they fall off, lol ;D

busydaffodil

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 01:58:57 pm »
I read this thread because I thought it was going to be about women  :P

LOL   Why didnt that surprise me!  Gary   lol

then he came round to the window barking at me with my lealet in his mouth! sod!

OH GOD!   The image of this little dog, growling & barking through the window, whilst still holding on to the leaflet, had me in hysterics!   ROFLMAO!

(Must have been a female....it was multi tasking)!   lol

You guys are funny!!!!

neil 47

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 03:51:09 pm »
Tom

I,ve found that if you target a area ie one with large disposable income your responce rates will increase
to about 1 job per 300

Neil
IICRC

gwrightson

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 05:09:27 pm »
neil, 1 in 300 i dont think so, 1000 leaflets aday  bringing in 3 jobs a day, high disposable incomes, so chances are would be high value jobs, hmm would never have to worry again ;D ;D
neil i feel your figures are a little exagerrated
 geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha